Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 1:12 AM
Default some help on pics and frames
how do put your own pic in 1 of the frames in the game?
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 4:33 PM
You have to create a recolour package with Object Workshop, like explained in the Tutorial forum. Some paintings have separate tectures for the frame and the picture: in this case you only have to edit the picture. If the original painting has only one texture, that contains both the frame and the picture, be sure to edit only the portion of the texture that represents the picture (otherwise you'll see your custom picture spread all over the frame! )

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
You have to create a recolour package with Object Workshop, like explained in the Tutorial forum.

i dont have object workshop...
Inventor
#4 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 9:07 PM
Do you even have SimPE? Get it at http://sims.ambertation.de/. Object Workshop is a plugin for it. Or use Wizards of SimPE.
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 12:40 PM Last edited by hemi2k : 7th Aug 2005 at 2:17 PM.
:confused: Can someone help me too please? My problem is this:

When I recolour a Maxis painting, It shows up under that painting in the catalogue, just like other recolours do...

BUT when I recolour a painting which has a custom mesh (ie: not a Maxis one) it overwrites the original painting in the catalogue (not the downloads folder).

EDIT: I'm leaving the rest of this post - just in case... but I have found some very helpful posts by Numenor linking to a mini-tutorial, and also info on the Photo Studio feature in SimPE - thank you - I am now going back to retrace my steps

This is weird, because I save my project with a different name, and everything. IF I drag my recolour out of the downloads folder, the catalogue goes back to normal and I get the original painting back.

I hope this makes sense... please help or point me in the direction of a good painting recolour tutorial because I think there may be a step I am forgetting, or a box I am not ticking?

I am using the latest version of SimPE (or at least I'm trying to)