Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 3:45 PM
Default Special FX
Does anyone know how to add a FX (specail effect) to a sim or person? I know how to add an effect to an object, but I'm lost when it comes to this.

Thank you Brian
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 6:39 PM
I never did it, but it should be doable, since the game does apply some effects to sims.
In general, I suppose it's just a matter of finding the right slot to attach the effect to.

I suggest to examine the smart-milk machine: when the toddlers drink it they glow red, which should be a sim-effect like the one you are interested in.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 8:42 AM
I did it once by accident. Using the Start/Stop effect primitive (same as with objects), run a "soft start effect" on the target "My Object ID" at "default 3/4 height". You don't need to create any custom slots or anything, sims come pre-slotted. The rest is much the same.

If you want to subsequently stop the effect of course, you have to run the stop effect command at that time.