Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 11:56 PM
Also 7-zip can open rar files, and if you can't get 7-zip, winrar, or any of the other programs you have a real problem, any of the mentioned programs are really worth it, and most are free.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 12:07 AM Last edited by Waiwai : 17th Apr 2006 at 2:56 AM.
This doesnt apply to the files at (Request) self-sims area right?

*edit--- replied----*

ahh...ty...

In Deviant Art...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#28 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 12:45 AM
Yes it does Waiwai. No Sims2Packs are allowed - this includes Self-Sims.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#29 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 1:34 AM
Thank you so much for this! Also, it is really cool that you compressed all the sims2pack files for everyone.

Not having to deal with so many different file types will make it easier to organize my installed downloads folder, too. Often I will compress the ones I download so they are all the same file type, plus it saves space when I make backups on cds. I like my files really well organized...I'm kind of a neat freak that way. :umm:

Thanks again!
Test Subject
#30 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 2:14 AM
Thank you!

I HATE sims2pack.
Test Subject
#31 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 2:22 AM
:nod: Thanx GeckoGorilla, I appreciate it.I Hope changing it helps the site.
Test Subject
#32 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 5:03 AM
Thanks bunches and bunches! I love this site and was bummed to see it down but I know it has to happen from time to time.
Ooh and another installer thingy that I came across that might help those who DL many files at once, it's called: UnzipThemAll it can handle rar files as well as zip. It is free! You can choose to unzip many files to one file all at once and it goes rather fast. Here is the site for you to check it out: http://www.herve-thouzard.com/modul...php?articleid=6

Chami
"When at first I appear I seem delirious, When explained I'm nothing serious."
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 7:58 AM
How do we make them .rar files?

яαcћεℓℓε<3
Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#34 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 8:20 AM
See the tutorial in the Creator Guidelines forum.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#35 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 9:17 AM
Thanks for the work, this is the best sims 2 site

Good girls go to heaven, Bad girls go to... everywhere
Scholar
#36 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brooklyn2010
So...Does this means that I have to go download Winrar? I guess if I don't that the things I download won't show up in my game.

I use Sims 2 File Maid, it handles all the different types of files for the game and installs them for you.

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 12:52 PM
This "excessive maintenance" actually prevented me from making one huge mistake. I wanted to upload a sim - at 2 am it looked great. But in the morning - dear lord, what did I smoke?! So, Delphy, thank you. You saved my neck ))

"...And if wishes were horses, we'd be knee-deep in crap."
-- Dr. Robert Romano, /'ER'/
Test Subject
#38 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 12:53 PM
I use ZipGenius for extracting my downloads. It can do .zip and .rar files as well as many others. ( http://www.zipgenius.it )
Test Subject
#39 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 3:29 PM
I have Winrar. Do I have to find another file. Do I have to do Winzip?
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#40 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 4:08 PM
Hard good work! Thank you! Hope that make site work much faster and better

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 5:00 PM
Default hi there
Yes you fix so I can download anythihing and unpack it to my downloads folder a lot quicker and so thanks for fix it.
Scholar
#42 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 6:56 PM
Thank you. Thanks for doing this so I don't have to go and repack my existing Sims. That was very kind of you to save us that work.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 7:07 PM
:bow:
Quote: Originally posted by Loverat
...ohgodpleasehelpmetonottypewhatireallywanttosayrightnowkthanxbai...

LMAO
Anyway
Thanks on the improvements Delphy. Anything to make this site better gets my vote.

Ok back to my corner now :sneaky:

Real Sims Blvd. -FREE Quality Sims Clothes & More
Real Sims 2
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ts1and2fanatic
Great!

I have a quick question though. Why RAR? They do have better compression formats, like 7zip or tarball(yes, I know its linux, but you can still use it on Windows ).

Straight Tarballs aren't compressed. They are similar to the Sims2pack files in that they are uncompressed files strung together into a single file with a bit of code telling the utility how to seperate them. The resultant tarballs are usually compressed using Bzip or some other compression software, but that is on top of the tarball. Exactly like putting a Sims2pack file into a zip or rar. :bandit:

Sims 2
The only reason Windows is on my PC.
Test Subject
#45 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 12:17 AM
:thumb: Keep up with the awesomeness!
Instructor
#46 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 2:20 AM
What about .bh files? I use IZArc for those. Are they considered a good format, or not?
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 2:49 AM
Thanx Delphy! We can suck up a little maintenence for the sake of the awesome. We shall all rock the .rar and the great Q. Still say Q-installer is the best sims DL tool ever :-D
Instructor
#48 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 3:02 AM
Delphy, I think this may have caused a problem with one of my uploads...

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...709#post1171709 :gonemad:

It was originally a sims2pack, and people were using it without problems, but since the switch it seems to be an empty sims2pack instead of a rar...
Test Subject
#49 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 4:45 AM
Q express isn't a valid win 32 application according to xp and I have trouble uncompressing them with winrar. So...It's great that you're doing this, but is there another way? zip files are the best.
Test Subject
#50 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 6:12 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to you for this fricken HUGE and free awsome site and to all your time spent on it. Also I went to your website and dude you been doing this for 2 years take a vacation man. I've only been simmin for two weeks now, but I'm totally hooked. So thanks for this site and all the hard work.

Oh and that link on your website to the Star-trek sim movie is freakin hilarious. If anyone out there is a star trek fan and simmer then you got to go to Delphy's page and follow the link to THE BEST music videa I've seen yet. Anyways take it easy and thanks.

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK YOU APES!!!!!
SHOP SMART SHOP S-MART!
Page 2 of 3