Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 5:00 PM
I hope Jwoods and all the people hit by the storm are alright. I haven't been listening to the news so I haven't heard anything about the storm. Last I heard, the storm had just hit Penzicola (however you spell it). Where all is the storm hitting? Its good to donate to the humane society. There probably are alot of pets in the storm in need of help. Lets pray for all the people hit by this storm and all the other people hit by all those other storms.
Advertisement
The One and Only
#52 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 6:24 PM
I donated.

I hope everyone is okay. It's times like these that make me want to reach out and hug someone.
Test Subject
#53 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 6:31 PM
Fly by greetings from the UK.

I feel like crying, it's all just beginning to become so real to me. I've been so absorbed in my own problems that all I've done is looked at the news and thought "Oh dear, how sad". How selfish and self centred can one man be? I deeply apologise.

While this tragedy has unfurled on the otherside of the world it seems so much closer to home due, I guess, to the unique relationship us Brits have with the USA.

I will be donating to the ARC and I hope that you guys remember that if you need us, just whistle.

Love and light.

T x
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 7:15 PM
guys i feel like crying now cos i cant donate....i m still praying for all of them...i hope jwoods is alrite
Test Subject
#55 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 9:09 PM
Just donate what you can, pray for the victims, and there may be some tragedy, but everything will turn out all right.

My Xbox 360 Gamertag: Lhasapso
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 9:28 PM Last edited by harpy0 : 1st Sep 2005 at 9:31 PM.
Hello, I live in Mississppi, we also got hit by the remnants of Katrina, but thankfully, I still have a roof over my head. Even here, many of us are stuck boiling polluted water. The grocery stores are sold out of water here, and many families can be seen parked here and there with their cars packed full of blankets and whatever belongings they could salvage. They cannot afford hotels and the like.
Most importantly, many of those stuck in new orleans right now are susceptible to death by pestilence which could easily trigger a nationwide epidemic. We will all need to work quickly to get people clean water, dry and clean clothing, and a way out. If you can make room for one family, that would be a great help as they are at their rope's end.
I have opened my home to a misfortunate family already, and I find them to be quite pleasant and very well-mannered. If I can be any help to anyone, please pm me. My home is your home.
Hurricane Katrina is not over. It can become something far worse and more devastating than you can ever imagine. Epidemics often spring from disasters just like this.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 9:28 PM
Quote:
I also wish to offer a free room to a stranded couple or family with nowhere to go

That's exactly how I feel. I'd love to donate some money but our entire income is going to our gas bill. We can't even afford food. We are living off water and pop-tarts. However, I do plan on donating as soon as I can. But anyway, does anyone know if there IS some way we can offer a room to anyone?
Forum Resident
#58 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 9:43 PM
Darn can't 13 but I did donate some money at a lot of places!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 9:49 PM Last edited by harpy0 : 1st Sep 2005 at 9:53 PM.
Jill,
If you are interested in offering a room.
That is wonderful.
The best way is to leave your name and contact info with a local homeless shelter. The most needy will be there and they will be most appreciative. Many are with infants or even expecting. They will contact you when they are desperate for space.

Everyone else:
If you live in the south, don't forget that you can also get can goods and water jugs and drop them off at your local shelters.
Or send them by mail. They are getting swamped and they will not be able to provide for everyone in need. Also, clothing, blankets, and toys are a wonderful donation gifts.
These items are needed as quickly as possible (well except toys, but there are lots of children with nothing).
Field Researcher
#60 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 9:57 PM
Oh, okay thanks. I am just in tears seeing all these babies all over tv with no food/formula, water, or diapers.

I have a one more case of water that I'm going to give my dad to drop off for me. Of course I don't think it's enough, but it's all I have right now.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 10:00 PM
Every ounce is one more ounce towards helping everyone. And yes, diapers and formula are very good donation gifts as well.
Forum Resident
#62 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 10:59 PM
My school set up a donation for hurricane Katrina victims and me and my family all donated after seeing how bad the hurricane was.
Forum Resident
#63 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 11:14 PM
^ Our's too!
Field Researcher
#64 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 12:18 AM
I am off to donate right after I get done writing this. I have SM and my daughter has Muscular Dystraphy(sp) So I have to donate to the MD telethone this weekend.... Hope to find a cure for my daughter some day. We don't have much money, and I have never seem to have enough money to donate to sim sites(even tho I have always wanted to) I just want to say to Delphy that I think it is very nobel of MTS2 to say to donate to the Red Cross instead of the site. When I get the extra money I will be sure to donate to this site just because of warm and caring hearts at this site. My prayers every night are going to those who lost everything to this tragic event. God Bless
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 12:29 AM
I heard earlier on CNN that the first and last 4 hours of the Jerry Lewis telethon will be dedicated to hurricaine relief (the rest will be for Muscular Dsytrophy).
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 12:31 AM
I heard that 40 other countries have also pledged support, thank you all. To all the victims, we think of you constantly, and I suspect that God's (or whoever you pray to) ears are burning from all the prayers for you. We had a tornado in my community a few years back, and as bad as it was, we pulled together and became better despite, or because , of it. Remember, this will happen for you.
#67 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 12:53 AM
Attn. All Creators, Help For Hurricane Katrina
Not sure where to post this but....

Ok, everyone, most of you are aware of the horrible situation New Orleans is in since Hurricane Katrina hit. The disater area size is 90,000 SQUARE MILES, the size of GREAT BRITAIN. So, I've come up with an idea to help. Simulation Designers Station will be having donation objects and sets to raise money for the victims of Katrina. We are asking the community to give donation objects and sets for RCT1, 2, 3, Zoo Tycoon 1, 2, and Sims 1, 2 (all expansions are welcome), which ever you design for. All creators are welcome to join in and help and everyone is welcome to come and download and help that way, of course! Every little bit counts and we can do this! The proceeds are being sent to The Red Cross. The site address where this is to be held is: http://www.simds.com

The theme for our fundraiser is "Rising From The Ashes: A Tribute To Those Loved In New Orleans".. We are going Mardi Gras/Festival Style to celebrate and remember better times. Of course, any other donation objects/sets are welcome too.

We are still in the begining stages of setting this up, so any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in helping at: [email protected] for any questions, or pm me at the site: Simulation Designers Station: http://www.simds.com my username there is shan41580

I'd also like to mention at this time, the owner of Grim Sims, Domina is from New Orleans. We haven't had any word on how she is doing, if she was evacuated or still there. So, this is also in honor of her and our other friends there.

I need definate commitments here. I believe we can make this happen. So far, the designers I have are:

From The Depot (Simulation Designers Station):
osudenny
me (shan41580)
pinky (also owner of yahoo: pinky's sim soap group)
Hawk
boo (also from Saving The Sims, Gone But Not Forgotten Sims)

From www.rctrevalutions.com
Viking16

C'mon people! Lets do something good and make a difference in peoples lives!!!

For more information regarding Hurricane Katrina go to:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/09/...1.ap/index.html

http://www.louisiana.gov/wps/portal...088/_s.155/1133

http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfm

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9133972/
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 2:29 AM
to Michelle from MS, good luck and God speed to you and yours...to the rest of this community, I really think sending cash is the best bet, even one dollar, if every one sends a buck from this site alone, it surely would be a blessing to those who have lost everything. I am not a very religious person, but boy howdy, have I been praying for you all, in the meantime, a reminder to all of us, treat each other with kindness...sometimes it's all we have to offer, and sometimes it's all someone else needs...now I'll get off my soapbox, lol!!!!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 4:19 AM
Hey, everyone! Thanks for all the kind messages. I am fine, and I PMed JWoods, hoping to hear from him soon, if and when he returns. We have to believe that there is a ray of hope that he is safe from harm.

You can find my full story at my site in the site news forum...http://s13.invisionfree.com/Baxter/index.php?act=idx
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 4:44 AM
Default Houston Housing Many
Donate cash
American Red Cross (800) HELP NOW (435-7669) English; (800) 257-7575 Spanish

Operation Blessing (800) 436-6348

America's Second Harvest (800) 344-8070

To donate cash or volunteer
Adventist Community Services (800) 381-7171

Catholic Charities, USA (800) 919-9338

Christian Disaster Response (941) 956-5183 or (941) 551-9554

Christian Reformed World Relief Committee (800) 848-5818

Church World Service (800) 297-1516

Convoy of Hope (417) 823-8998

Lutheran Disaster Response (800) 638-3522

Mennonite Disaster Service (717) 859-2210

Nazarene Disaster Response (888) 256-5886

Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (800) 872-3283

Salvation Army (800) SAL-ARMY (725-2769)

Southern Baptist Convention -- Disaster Relief (800) 462-8657, ext. 6133

United Methodist Committee on Relief (800) 554-8583

I wanted to give you all this information, in hope that anyone wishing to give a helping hand would be able to use this information toward helping those in need.
You must keep in mind that there will be many out here on the web taking advantage of this misfortune, and that we should be careful, and make sure we go throught the proper chanels.
I live in Houston, Texas where many of the refugees have been sent. We are opening our homes and hearts to help these familes in any way that we can. If you contact the above agencies they will tell you where your help is needed the most.
The refugees began arriving Thursday at the Astrodome in Houston. Also, Larry King will be hosting a special this Saturday, please read below for details.
Join us as we rally around people whose lives and cities were demolished by Katrina. Tune in Saturday at 8 p.m. ET for a three-hour “Larry King Live” special, “How You Can Help.”

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2005/hurricanes/list/

Please check the above list, for missing family members or just to inform someone that you are safe.

Also, my husband is from Mobile, Alabama and all of his family members are there, as well as Sildel, La. We had spoke with his mother Sunday evening, asking her to leave, but as she stated to me all the focus was on New Orleans, and that the storm was not coming over that far. We pleaded with her to listen and leave Mobile.
She is a shop owner downtown Mobile, and has road out many Hurricanes at her shop. This time she did leave, she waited until the last minute, but got out safe.
We have since found out that she is well, and back in Mobile helping others that did not fare so well.
Please take the information from above, and even if you can not donate, if you have people that have come to your area from New Orleans, and you are able to help with School supplies, pillows, blankets, clothing, etc. Anything will be a blessing.
Our prayers are with you all, and all the families that are still in the Hurricane areas.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 4:56 AM
I agree with money being a better suited donation; however, those who are nearby can contribute a great deal more by donating canned goods and water as these can be distributed a lot faster than cash. Cash must be counted, then arranged for purchases as needed, and then delivery. It is best for help in the near future, but canned goods and water can save lives today as they need only to be delivered.
Test Subject
#72 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 5:00 AM
i cant donate personnaly coz im 13 but my family donated. i hope the victims of this great disater will recover and thier in my prayers. also i will make a tribitue lot to the victims. if anyone would like to help plesae PM me. thank you
and god bless you all
Test Subject
#73 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 5:35 AM Last edited by DNA : 2nd Sep 2005 at 5:42 AM.
EVERY AMERICAN SHOULD KNOW: (READ FOR SERIOUS ENLIGHTENMENT)
IF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT WOULD CONSIDER LIFTING THEIR As#ES OFF A FEW TAX DOLLARS, WE COULD FIX THIS PROBLEM REAL QUICK. Perhaps a pollitian or two would be willing to donate their vacation dollars to help, oops, I forgot, it's not their problem, and it's only the victim's tax dollars anyway.
Gasoline is $3.59 a gallon at stores that haven't been ran dry. Do you all have any idea what percentage the government is making off of gasoline sales? It's sickening! Bush says "price relief on gas". We'll have to see.
What a mess and a tyrant our government and their states have become. Locke and the Commenwealthmen meant for our government to serve us, but like a bunch of good sheep we "bah" at gas prices and fill our cars the next day. We graze when they mark-up grocery prices, and we shun away when they refuse to make life manageable (i.e. raising minimum wage).
We pay all this money to the government, yet we still empty our pockets for national disasters while they dish out a few thousand for buses. I mean! Come on!!!!
Imagine what would happen if nobody donated anything! Only then could you reveal the true face of our government. How many people would they help and how fast? How many people would die before they got their sh%! together? Whether you realise it or not, that is why "the people" are so quick to help. They know damn well what would happen if they did not. They're afraid of the guilt if too many people died.
It would do a lot more good to stand as a mass in front of the white house with picket signs reading "feed or bury the dying!" Really! If you truly want great results! Take ten people, you'll be on news in less than two hours, others will come, I promise. I'll even show up. You have a right to demand things from the government, stop protecting their livelihood until they start protecting yours!
The wealthy keep most of their wealth in times of disaster because it usually takes someone who has been near to the gutter to understand what the gutter is actually like. They have not seen the gutter, so most of them can't grasp that people are really dying out there, and they don't feel the urgency in helping. Don't feel bad if you can't donate.

I love the chivalry of our country, and I think all of you are as near to saints as you can get, but our government needs to take responsibility for what they are elected to do! If you gave them a chance to tax your donations and they will! I'd bet a body limb on it.

Our great, great grandfather's would beat us senseless for what we're doing here, and the people in New Orleans would too if they knew that all we needed to do was take one day off of work to visit the white house. Hell, while your there, protest minimum waige, inflation, sending jobs over seas, and stealing your social security money. The only thing that was ever beautiful about America was the people who protested. You just don't know how much power you have until you use it.

Don't get me wrong, I think that MTS2 is being extremely generous, and those people obviously do need help, but poor people donating is causing more problems than solutions.

If a few thousand people could write one letter of concern to congress . . . Think of all the mail . . . hint . . . a stamp costs 37 cents.

Here's a good place to start:
Contact Information
Web Site: www.whitehouse.gov
E-mail: [email protected]

Washington Office:
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20500
Phone: (202) 456-1414
Fax: (202) 456-2461

Just think of the difference one letter can make. This is your god-given right. You shouldn't feel guilty about not being able to donate. No matter how short the letter is, it will contribute more than you know.
Ice Princess
#74 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Baxter
Hey, everyone! Thanks for all the kind messages. I am fine, and I PMed JWoods, hoping to hear from him soon, if and when he returns. We have to believe that there is a ray of hope that he is safe from harm.

You can find my full story at my site in the site news forum...http://s13.invisionfree.com/Baxter/index.php?act=idx

I am happy you guys made it through ok. Was there any significant damage to your parents or grandmothers house?

Home of the Sims 2 InSIMenator.net

Stroke my Llama
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by just kathy
I am happy you guys made it through ok. Was there any significant damage to your parents or grandmothers house?

Nope. Everything is good. New Orleans was the main hit, but Baton Rouge has become a War Zone because of all the people coming in. It really isn't safe outside.

Global Village, a place for everything and everything with a place!!
Visit Henry's Sims 2 World for discussion, games, and contests.
Access the Eclipse Industries forum to find the latest movies and updates from Eclipse Studios.
Page 3 of 15