Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Should I make net shopping for Sims?
yes
27 96.43%
no
1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 8:45 PM Last edited by chrisnjosh : 19th Jul 2005 at 8:47 PM.
key, I will continue, and I will use your ideas Shays248.

What are the interests, does anybody have a list?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 9:04 PM Last edited by Rct2mad : 19th Jul 2005 at 9:06 PM. Reason: Wanted to add extra request
errr, chris, please check the large list on the RTR forums. I think you'll find out I CAME UP WITH THIS IDEA (ok, it says eBay, but they're virtually the same.)

Also, can some please post me the link to PC that the other person made please?
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 9:00 PM
Just a suggestion that I'm sure you have already thought of Chris, but if they were to be able to do homework with the computer, would you be able to make the actual notebook dissapear like it does when they actually do their homework and have it count. I hate having them put their homework somewhere and not knowing where to find it. Especially if they put it on a rug. Aaack! It just sinks into the floor and then I don't know where it is and I have to stop and look for it. Lost my favorite little girl because of this. (Was able to get her back with the ingenious of SimPe. Hehe)

(*^-) ~*~SMILE~*~ (-^*)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 9:16 PM Last edited by chrisnjosh : 19th Jul 2005 at 9:19 PM.
I never got the idea from there, ebay in my opinion is entirely different RCT2mad, and I may make that as well, but it would be harder. Me and my brother were chatting about what sims cant do that real people can, and all sorts came up. I thought The internet shopping would be a great project to test my newfound BHAv hacking skills.
I was doing it before we had our forums, but dont let this sound insulting!!!
I had so many failed attempts, mainly due to anims, I quit a while back, but once I got a little better at BHAv hacking, I started again.

Oh, and i will remove the homework anims. It will be made around the Colledge assignment BHAv, so that it looks right!
Test Subject
#30 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 9:21 PM
Sweet. Just let me know if you'd like me to test it out for you along the way. And if I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

(*^-) ~*~SMILE~*~ (-^*)
Test Subject
#31 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 3:11 AM
i was just reading back on the previous posts and I finally know what you mean by the dating service. It sounds really cool. Its a bit like the InSIMinater where you can summon people from the neighbourhood to be at your place. You can even bring back Bella!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 8:59 AM
Ye, just like online dating. You have the chat 'phase,' then, if all goes well, you can invite them over.
Test Subject
#33 Old 23rd Jul 2005 at 2:22 AM
I thought it would be like you could choose your date and they would come over. But chatting with them first is a way better idea!!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:58 PM
Is this still continuing Chris?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 7:42 PM
sure is. I suspended it for the yPods, but since I hit a brick wall with coding the stand, Im gonna do this for a while.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 2:57 PM
Have you got a release date yet?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 12:09 PM
its an RTR project, so no. It might be a promo, Im not sure yet, I just got a super-idea.
Inventor
#38 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 12:13 PM
What's the super idea?
Field Researcher
#39 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 4:33 PM
Oh right, sorry chris, I thought it was a seperate idea (Like McSims) and project......
Test Subject
#40 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 6:24 PM
I hope you guys know that you can invite people over on the internet if they are on. Internet shopping would rock though.
Test Subject
#41 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:29 AM
^^Can you really do that? Or is that just a hack or uni or something?
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:42 AM
Shopping for clothes using the computer would make the top of my Sims 2 dreams come true
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 6:00 PM
Its going, well Okay. I keep putting it off for hotter objects like the yPod and fony PMP.
But I will finish it eventually.
Inventor
#44 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 5:59 PM
How are you doing with the register base mod?
Field Researcher
#45 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 4:14 PM
Just so you all know, Chris is now on holiday. He will be back on the 19th of August.

Rct2mad
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#46 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 7:38 AM
popshuvit3, when I suggested the online dating I was envisioning something a little different from inviting someone over from the chat room...
You could click on 'online dating' on the computer and this could take you to another pie menu, where you select a sim... perhaps it would be possible to choose from a group, such as star sign or job... Then you could chat, and when you get to a certain relationship score, you could gain the option to 'invite Sim on a blind date'. This could then trigger the automatic 'invite Sim to community lot', so that if accepted a taxi pulls up immediately (or perhaps in 1 hour's time, to allow Sims to get ready for the date!) and the Sim arrives at a community lot with their date. If it was programmed so that the relationship score which triggers the date proposition is borderline, then you could have the scenario that the 'invite to community lot' was (surreptitiously) switched to the 'go to community lot' action instead of a straight refusal, so that your Sim would arrive at said lot only to discover they'd been stood up- resulting in a large aspiration drop, and possibly a visit from the shrink! This could be quite fun, as instead of the Sim just saying 'no I've got to feed my Llama' or something, you would just get a (fake) acceptance, and you wouldn't know whether your Sim will be left high and dry until you actually got to the date venue. It's just a different way of getting your Sim to meet people, and I don't know how 'doable' all this would be, but it would just be a more fun thing than chat rooms.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 7:29 PM
Is this still on the go?
Field Researcher
#48 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 7:52 PM
DID ANYONE LISTEN TO Man1968 ?!?!?!? Altough SimDating online where u get hoooked up would be nice.. spawn a person or invite a townie..?
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 6:26 PM
I am defiantly interested. That would be awesome. is it going to be Nightlife compatiable?
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
chrisnjosh, as Monique has already done an internet shopping computer here, could you do a slightly different one with Internet dating? Your Sim could be presented with a random selection of neighbourhood Sims (as in chat), but when they get to a certain relationship score with an individual perhaps they could arrange to meet for a 'date' at a neighbourhood lot (same interaction as 'invite Sim to neighbourhood lot').

THat would be *awesome*. Plus, I'm not too keen on the banking stuff, so I'm really looking forward to this version.
Page 2 of 3