Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nadascreations
Call it McSims

Yeah it's a cool name "McSims", and by the way, I loooooove the idea!

Hi, I'm from Zagarolo, Italy, So I don't speak/write English very well, so incase you don't understand my posts/messages, or they are confussing, plz, tell me to correct them.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help him gain World Dommination, by putting him in your sig.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 12:25 AM
Default Good Idea
Quote: Originally posted by DJorJD72
Thats a really cool idea cuz in real life my parents rarely would cook food so we ate fast food quite often.

LOL This is all to familiar to me.
Go For it!! Sounds really good.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 12:28 AM
definatly, to make some anti-mcdonalds people happy, try to make BK or KFC if you have the time
Field Researcher
#29 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 12:39 AM
Here's what Asimo's stuff looks like.
Sorry, I will not upload this lot here, as that would break all kinds of rules, and there's lots of hacks in the site which makes for a huge file size.
Just go to the Asimo site: http://sims.top.to/
for the McDonalds bits (and a really cool bike, too).
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 1:00 AM
actually if you search the sims exchange lots, there are complete McDonalds lots there.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 1:12 AM
Bagracer, that's true, but none of the lots on the Exchange are very McDonalds-like, except the one by simssuperstore. There is very little that is uniquely "McDonalds" out there.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 2:53 PM
I can't wait to see what you can do for a mcdonalds you should also add that the food makes you get fat easier XD
Inventor
Original Poster
#33 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 5:57 PM
McSims will be the new name because of the copyright laws. I will do McSims first, and then Burger King(rename:Burger Queen), Taco Bell(rename:NO CLUE), Subway(rename:SimWay), KFC (rename:SFC), etc.

Do those McDonalds on the Exchange actually let you buy food and have counter NPCs?
Test Subject
#34 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mod_bv
McSims will be the new name because of the copyright laws. I will do McSims first, and then Burger King(rename:Burger Queen), Taco Bell(rename:NO CLUE), Subway(rename:SimWay), KFC (rename:SFC), etc.

Do those McDonalds on the Exchange actually let you buy food and have counter NPCs?

bv cn you awnser my pm
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 6:06 PM

For Taco Bell, what about Taco Sims.

Yay!!! I'm coming back to the sims!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#36 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 6:53 PM
Nasdas Creations has chosen the Taco Bell name, Taco SIms
Test Subject
#37 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 6:58 PM
Fun Idea
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]I think the whole idea of a McDonalds in the Sims in fun! Why not? This is LIFE simulation and I'm sure A LOT of people have eaten McDonalds atleast once in their life....I have.[/COLOR]
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 7:55 PM
You know what would be hard to name? Sims BBQ. Because of the copyrights, what would the name be?
Inventor
Original Poster
#39 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 9:25 PM
Sim BBQ, maybe? But I'm not doing that place in the near future, sorry.

I have seen that making beta items was quite easy, the McSims is nearly finished. At this rate, I'lll have it all done in like another day or two!
Inventor
Original Poster
#40 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 9:36 PM
I forgot to ask, does anyone know the name of the cash register in the SimPE Object Workshop? I can't seem to find it.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 4:59 PM
Sim BBQ, maybe? But I'm not doing that place in the near future, sorry.

I have seen that making beta items was quite easy, the McSims is nearly finished. At this rate, I'lll have it all done in like another day or two!

I wasn't asking you to make it, I was just saying that where I live, we have a BBQ place called Sims. I was saying if someone made one, what would they name it, because of the copyrights. I know that was off topic, but it was funny to me.

Yay!!! I'm coming back to the sims!!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 7:23 PM
mcdonalds is the best!!!!i love getting a number 7!!!!!!which is mcnuggets fries mmmmmmm fries!and a drink!!!!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#43 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 12:29 PM Last edited by mod_bv : 5th Jul 2005 at 1:07 PM. Reason: Added McSims Logo
Sorry for not posting, anyways, I have made the logo, I'll post it in a few minutes.

EDIT: I have posted the McSims Logo. Please tell me what you think.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 1:21 PM
I love it, can't wait to have it in my game!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 1:26 PM
OH! I would love MCsims in my game I am making a great mall with SimMarche' and Nordsims.LOL Mcsims is perfect to put near the Simposium, with simbuster video, and Compusim
Inventor
Original Poster
#46 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 1:28 PM
I'm having some trouble with the cash register, I'm cloning it from the Llamark Register, but I can't add Pie Menu Opions because there is no option to in SimPE. Any help?
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 1:39 PM
why don't you just use the register from the game and recolor it and put the logo on it if all else fails.
Inventor
Original Poster
#48 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nadascreations
why don't you just use the register from the game and recolor it and put the logo on it if all else fails.

That's what I'm doing. The problem is that McSims will be functional, that is, it will work like a real McSims(You buy food, lose Simoleans, eat food, all real, not just decor)
Test Subject
#49 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 6:00 PM
That's an awesome idea, if you look on the exchange on Maxis site, there's a Mcd's already, so thatt'll be super if you'd do that. Thanks nifty person!
Test Subject
#50 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 6:23 PM
WOW! How cool. McSims sounds GREAT! Please share!
Locked thread
Page 2 of 13