Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 8:07 PM
Is there any commands to turn off the snapping of objects into the Sims right/left hands? Or to tip objects up or down (instead of clockwise/counterclockwise . . .
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#52 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 7:02 PM
Aviallle, tio tip objects up and down, you need to rotyatwe the mesh, which isnt a very easy task, and as to all the hacks I've seen, never have I seen one like this (to simplify it), and I doubt it is possible without editing the EXE.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Metranisome
The boolProp animationLOD true/false - Undiscovered
is making a reference to a game speed setting file, as in when the game is at regular speed fast speed or super fast speed I guess it would alter the animation speed to match better or be sped up and down, I’m not completely sure though…

<buzzer sound>

animationLOD is animation LEVEL OF DETAIL.
Meaning, the animations will skip frames of the animation if the computer its running on has to slow down frames per second because the computer can't keep up with the animation.

- GunMod
Freelance Game/Software Designer
GunMod's Forums

Tip to Never Get Lost: Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
Field Researcher
#54 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by caz100
I really want the stringProp WindowFillColor to work cause that sounds a useful one. What sort of numbers range are we talking here 1 or 1000. DOes anyone know?

Load up a paint program like Paint Shop Pro and look at the color wheel.
Every color on a PC has a RGB value of 0 0 0 to 255 255 255

0 0 0 being pure black and 255 255 255 being pure white.

The first number is Red.
So 255 0 0 would be pure red

The second number is green
So 0 255 0 would be pure green

The last number is blue
So 0 0 255 would be pure blue.

Then you mix the numbers to get different colors.
128 128 128 is pure grey.

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Inventor
Original Poster
#55 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 9:57 PM
GunMod, you know a ton of these terms. Maybe you can help me out.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 12:58 AM
What do you need?

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Field Researcher
#57 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 12:59 AM
If it's about those cheats up above, I know what 95% of them do. Let me know.

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Inventor
Original Poster
#58 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 9:21 PM
Yup, its about the cheats I wrotwe on the first page. If you couldPM me the meanings of the undiscovereds that you know, that would be great.
Test Subject
#59 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 10:09 PM Last edited by TheJim01 : 15th Sep 2005 at 10:12 PM.
Just thought I'd throw in a few "maybes" (not sure how to test them really), and some basic explanations of some stuff from a programming methods point of view.

boolProp geomCheckGeomDataIntegrity true/false - Untestable
This was more than likely some kind of debug that the developers used to ensure the Sims were staying in one piece. If it is disabled by default, enabling it would probably eliminate things like teh arm bug, but would probably slow down your computer. If enabled by default, disabling it would probably CAUSE the arm thing, or worse.

uintProp geomGenerateTangentSpaceNormalLines 0- Testing
boolProp geomGenerateTangentSpaceSxT true/false - Testing
floatProp geomGeneratedTangentSpaceNormalLineLength 0.1 - Testing
I will test this again later, but these three will probably need to be used in tandem. Enabling the normal space, enabling the lines, and setting their length.

boolProp interrupt true/false - Testable, just not by me!
Isn't this in the debug menu (when you hold in shift)? Causing an interrupt is usually a bad thing, and might trigger a dump.

uintProp lightingQuality 3 - Testing
One of the internal settings you can change in the display settings panel, or through this command. The number of level will correspond with the levelson the panel: 1 - low, 2 - medium, 3 - high.

uintProp maxTerrainGrade 5 - Testing
I thought I read somewhere that this allowed users to place lots on steeper terrain. I'll have to check it out...

boolProp noStupidIFFUnlocking true/false - Untestable
In math/programming, "iff" means "if and only if". So this is probably another debug command that forced or stopped certain chains of events.

==========

Now some brief overviews.

I saw the chatter about whether to call them "commands" or "cheats". Both terms imply that these strings are internal functions/subroutines of the game that you can "call" or invoke from the command line. If you look at it from a more basic perspective though, these are really publicly accessible variables, mych like 'x' and 'y' in algebra. Think as if you're looking at a pair of glasses in SimPE--the values you change to make the glasses different colors is the exact same concept as the in-game command line.

From the list above, there are several types of variables (I believe there's more detail on this in the wiki):
intProp - This variable type is an integer, or a number of the set Z (all non-fraction/non-decimal numbers from negative infinity to positive infinity).
uintProp - A uint, or "unsigned int" doesn't have a "sign bit", and so would be part of the set N (all positive whole numbers from 0 to positive infinity).
floatProp - A float, or "real" number is a decimal number from the set R (all decimal numbers from negative infinity to positive infinity).
boolProp - A boolean is either true of false, as I'm sure everyone has gathered. In the computer's language, this equates to binary where 1 is true/on and 0 is false/off.

The command line gives us access to setting the variables that are publicly accessable (even if they weren't meant to be). Consider though, that the variable types require a certain type of value. Setting an intprop to "true" will really set it to "1", while setting it to "3.1415" will really set it to "3". Setting a boolprop to "3.1415" might confuse it, but then it might also just set it to "1".

I hope that wasn't too confusing. If anybody wants a deeper explanation, please let me know what's puzzling, and I'll try to explain better.
Slippery When Wet
#60 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 11:19 PM
boolprop CameraNeighborhoodFlythroughEnabled false

Stops the camera moving through the hood when you first open it.

I found this value at the bottom of the debug dump.
It's now working fine in my userStartup.cheat file. (since NL, but may work before that)
Test Subject
#62 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 11:50 PM Last edited by Yue.san : 19th Feb 2007 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Alliteration, or Redundancy? Tune in next time...
Spencer, look in your documents>EA Games>The Sims 2>Logs>***-config-log.txt
(*** would be replaced by your computer's name)

It's called a "dump"; a log file that the game creates/overwrites when a certain event occurs. This one is written on a Save, while error logs for instance (found in the same folder), are written when TestingCheatsEnabled causes an object error.

mod_bv, I'll try and provide a bit more info on these commands for you.

[[edit, as of 02-09]]

tunaisafish, that command, like most others in the file, are already in the options menu in-game. That one in particular is the Neighborhood Camera Drift option. Consequently, the majority of these are moot as the game will overwrite those values when it loads your current config anyway.

"Tiberius" P4 2.4GHz|1.5GB|40,250,250,80,80GB|GF6200|17"FP-CRT,19"LCD,31"CRT-TV|WinNT5.xProSP2, Knoppix4.0.2
"Terminus" P3 1.2GHz|512MB|40,250GB|GF4 MX440|15"CRT|WinNT5.xProSP2
"SNARKwarfare" (server) Celleron 533MHz|256MB|40,80GB|Intel 82810 (internal)|15"CRT|WinNT5.xProSP2

*Bwahaha*
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 4:12 AM Last edited by sundance93 : 31st Dec 2011 at 5:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
arica480, you must have university installed to be able to use this cheat and you have to use the < and > keys to rotate the items at 45 degree intervals.

Not true about UNI, I only have NL, and I can use that cheat just fine. But yes. Use the [<,] and [>.] Keys to rotate at extra angles. Don't rotate with mouse.
Site Helper
#64 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 5:09 PM
sundance93, in general it isn't useful to post in a nearly 5-year-old thread, just to agree with the answer that the person was already given.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 12:38 AM
Default @ Mootilda
I know this. I just like to voice my opinion wherever it may be written. Just be glad I don't have a Church's Copy of the Bible in my hands
Ok, that's an extension of the truth...
But I still post what I can where I can. Regardless of the age of a thread.

Check out my YouTube channels! Click Here
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#66 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 2:19 PM
Locked thread
Page 3 of 3