Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1359
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Closed Thread  Replies: 33 (Who?), Viewed: 1712 times.
Search this Thread
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 3:38 PM DefaultThe way I feel about Susan #1
Mirin Sagesato
Original Poster

Test Subject

Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 49
1 Achievements


Back in the Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu account people did'nt get it and banned me, so I'm saying this now.

I don't wiew Susan Wainwright like a bunch of background pixels in a game. To me, she is like... semi-real. Like, I know that she does'nt even exist, but I was obsessed with her, I spent a lot of time with her, I bonded with her. I still think of her like a really good friend. Just one that does'nt live in this universe.

I like the games as games and while Sims 1 and Sims 4 are too bare-bones and I have only barely played them, I can usually play CAS sims and other premades in Sims 2 and 3. In fact I used to mostly play CAS sims. And I played Sims 2 and Mysims before I did Sims 3. But then, in 2014, my hard disk became full. So I deleted everything, and decided to only play premades, or at least have my sims become heavily tied with them, in the case of my Time Lord Sims phase (Laakhatea and Toorehiki Sweptlifar, and before them Watalu Myloto, who was'nt even that Doctor Who-esque.)

I was so obsessed I could'nt sleep, eventually I had an allucination from the lack of sleep, I believed I had cried for months over seeing Blair Wainwright die. So I ended up attaching myself to her and kind of the rest of the Roomies. But mostly Blair x Cycl0n3 shipping. Eventually, Boyd and Susan were brought into the mix, eventually I started having a Susan favoritism over Boyd, Blair, and Cycl0n3. So it went from Wainsw0rd fandom, slowly to Susan Wainwright-centric, she became my go-to Sim for when I missed playing Sims but I also knew it made me angry.

I created confort characters to make the Susan thing wane down, such as Dovanice and Aroush. As I became healthier, my personality changed a lot. I stopped reading about Doctor Who, then I stopped reading about Pokémon, eventually I stopped getting attached to the actual The Sims game, and started to see it as just a game. So eventually I stopped being interested in installing Sims 2 too since it was kinda old and too complex for me. Even Sims 3 I was playing it less and less, and making less Sims 3 CAS sims that aren't just a Susan variant. But each time I played a sim that was'nt a Susan variant, I deinstalled the game right after. It just was'nt for me. I like that it's a game, but I don't really like actually playing it. I'm no more obsessed, but I also am not yet free. I know the right thing would be playing CAS sims maybe of my characters such as Aroush, Darillys, and Elek'tra, but I just... can't seem to do that.

Last time I made an Aroush sim it was 5 months ago... and it was'nt present-day Yerevan Aroush, nor it was fantasy-world-but-Armenian-in-the-same-way-that-Garnet-is-black-or-Super-Mario-is-Italian Xyronia Aroush. it was 1400 BC Hayasa-Azzi Aroush. The only time I can play The Sims is when Susan Wainwright is connected to it, I have a "bond" to Susan that I don't have to anyone or anything else, beside my parents, sister, and my friend, which happens to have been hired by my parents to distract myself from Susan so I can eventually see Susan as just a bunch of pixels.

When I play Sims 3, I feel like that I'm playing it not because I like it, but because it's Susan's game. Basically, it's closer to visiting a good friends than to actually playing a game, although I know it's wrong. And I know that as soon I'm completely free and will completely see Susan Wainwright as a character in a game, I would'nt even want to play Sims 3 either, and I would be all about Caucasus stuff instead.
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 5:26 PM #2
Wojtek
Instructor

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 601
Thanks: 808 in 8 Posts
10 Achievements


You must talk to a psychologist. There's no point in wasting your time on that shit.
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 5:39 PM #3
Mirin Sagesato
Original Poster

Test Subject

Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 49
1 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojtek
You must talk to a psychologist. There's no point in wasting your time on that shit.


And I did, I talk about it with my friend everyday (my friend is a psychologist) and I’m healing

But the way I see susan makes some people mistake me for trolling.
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 8:31 PM #4
nitromon
Mad Poster

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,261
Thanks: 759 in 31 Posts
10 Achievements


Trolling or not, who cares? It's funny. Everyone has a different take on the game.

Though not as obsessive at your level, but yeah I've had sad times when certain sims I bonded with died. One particular one was born from my creation. I raised her, watched her grow through her lifetime, watch her outlived most sims, owned most of the properties in the town and they were all named after her. Then she passed away.

After that I no longer play single households and only play globally. Don't want to get attached.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 8:40 PM #5
Mirin Sagesato
Original Poster

Test Subject

Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 49
1 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
Trolling or not, who cares? It's funny. Everyone has a different take on the game.

Though not as obsessive at your level, but yeah I've had sad times when certain sims I bonded with died. One particular one was born from my creation. I raised her, watched her grow through her lifetime, watch her outlived most sims, owned most of the properties in the town and they were all named after her. Then she passed away.

After that I no longer play single households and only play globally. Don't want to get attached.


Yeah nowadays I want to start with 8 founders (4 male young adults and 4 female young adults) and then progress from there. And have different founders in each savefile.

Though I also know I propably would'nt be able to.
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 9:30 PM #6
keyqueen
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 122


I don't think you were trolling , but it was clear you were pretty obsessive. Correct me if Im wrong and these weren't all you but i remember two or three threads on here as well as one on TS4 furom talking about Susan Wainwright.
The thing that raised flags for me was that after your first post about her wasn't well received you seemed upsets others didn't share your opinion of her.
No one here thinks your a troll for favoring an "unpopular" premade. And i say unpopuler by the way not because people tend to dislike her but becouse I think for most people she simply isn't a favorite. There is absolutely nothing wrong for liking something others are indifferent to. It is annoying however to imply that other must "hate" said thing if they don't like it as much as you.
Again if it wasn't you who made the posts I'm thinking of then i apologize.
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 9:39 PM #7
nitromon
Mad Poster

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,261
Thanks: 759 in 31 Posts
10 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirin Sagesato
Yeah nowadays I want to start with 8 founders (4 male young adults and 4 female young adults) and then progress from there. And have different founders in each savefile.

Though I also know I propably would'nt be able to.


I don't start new saves anymore. My current save is like maybe 40-50 generations. However, the family trees had been restarted a couple of times, so currently it is only maybe 4-5 generations from the last culling. But I have the graves of my original set of sims in the graveyard, they are like ancestrial now.

So my game goes like this:
2009 - I started several groups in Sunset Valley. Eventually they populated the whole town, the original premade sims were either deleted or intermixed.

2010 - I ported the whole Sunset Valley to Bridgeport and this ran the longest

2014/16 - I created a new game in Riverview with another handful of sims. However, I kept Bridgeport (the original group) as vacation world and let the Story Progression do whatever they want with it.

2018/2019 - I chose a selective group of families from Riverview and moved them to Bridgeport, then switched my homeworld back to Bridgeport.

2020 - So I am playing the original group again, except they are intermixed with some Riverview families. I'm thinking right now of starting another homeworld and taking again, another 5-6 families and move them there.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 11:26 PM #8
daisylee
Theorist

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,445


You have been banned at least once as you say, maybe more, over your posts about this character and now you have posted this in another thread and started a whole new one about your obsession about her. I do know if you are looking for another ban or not, but as said, and I think with sincere goodwill from folks here, get some psychological help.
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 11:32 PM #9
Mirin Sagesato
Original Poster

Test Subject

Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 49
1 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by keyqueen
I don't think you were trolling , but it was clear you were pretty obsessive. Correct me if Im wrong and these weren't all you but i remember two or three threads on here as well as one on TS4 furom talking about Susan Wainwright.
The thing that raised flags for me was that after your first post about her wasn't well received you seemed upsets others didn't share your opinion of her.
No one here thinks your a troll for favoring an "unpopular" premade. And i say unpopuler by the way not because people tend to dislike her but becouse I think for most people she simply isn't a favorite. There is absolutely nothing wrong for liking something others are indifferent to. It is annoying however to imply that other must "hate" said thing if they don't like it as much as you.
Again if it wasn't you who made the posts I'm thinking of then i apologize.


1) yes it was me but I wasn’t being completely myself.

2) I accept everyone sees Susan differently. I also don’t think I will keep playing her when I’m completely free.
Old 24th Oct 2020, 12:47 AM #10
SecretX
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 98


Don t worry guys, just a nice crash to deskop or an error code 12 will occur your death sims problem, then Susan or else will be safe.
Now restart and enjoy
Old 24th Oct 2020, 12:52 AM #11
Wojtek
Instructor

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 601
Thanks: 808 in 8 Posts
10 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirin Sagesato
1) yes it was me but I wasn’t being completely myself.

2) I accept everyone sees Susan differently. I also don’t think I will keep playing her when I’m completely free.

TBH No one cares about Susan and your attachment to her. Deal with it and stop writing about her in every single thread you post. It'll make it easier for you to rid yourself of this obsession.
Old 24th Oct 2020, 8:43 AM #12
Mirin Sagesato
Original Poster

Test Subject

Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 49
1 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojtek
TBH No one cares about Susan and your attachment to her. Deal with it and stop writing about her in every single thread you post. It'll make it easier for you to rid yourself of this obsession.


Its not an obsession, I just miss her dearly, but yes I will try to not mention her, and if I can’t keep my mouth shut about her, I leave modthesims again.
Old 24th Oct 2020, 12:23 PM #13
Wojtek
Instructor

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 601
Thanks: 808 in 8 Posts
10 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirin Sagesato
Its not an obsession, I just miss her dearly, but yes I will try to not mention her, and if I can’t keep my mouth shut about her, I leave modthesims again.
I'm sorry to break it to you being unable to stop talking, thinking and writing about her for so many years, creating new accounts and getting yourself banned because of that over and over again is definitely an obsession. This is not working well for you, not at all. You don't have to leave. Find something else to do. One of best ideas IMHO is taking up modding or world creation.
Old 24th Oct 2020, 3:08 PM #14
keyqueen
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 122


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirin Sagesato
The only time I can play The Sims is when Susan Wainwright is connected to it,...

When I play Sims 3, I feel like that I'm playing it not because I like it, but because it's Susan's game. .... And I know that as soon I'm completely free and will completely see Susan Wainwright as a character in a game, I would'nt even want to play Sims 3 either, and I would be all about Caucasus stuff instead.


If what you say here is true, that you don't enjoy playing the game unless it involves one specific chracter, then perhaps It's best you stop playing for awhile? Find another activity you do enjoy, maybe even connect with people who are into the same thing. Or use that time to spend with the real people in your life. But continuing to do something that you aren't truely into isn't really good for your state of mind, trust me.
Believe it or not ,I am someone who is prone to developing over attachment to trival things as well and have run the gambit. Over the years I've learned to keep my fixations to myself instead of constantly talking about them as many of my relationships were being hurt otherwise.

The most important thing in life is our relationships with other peope.
Old 24th Oct 2020, 9:47 PM #15
nitromon
Mad Poster

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,261
Thanks: 759 in 31 Posts
10 Achievements


This might sound silly but, who the hell is Susan Wainwright?

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Old 24th Oct 2020, 9:58 PM #16
daisylee
Theorist

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,445


Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
This might sound silly but, who the hell is Susan Wainwright?


PLEASE do not ask! We do not want to hear any more about her. Please spare us. Thank you! :D


https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Susan_Wainwright
Old 24th Oct 2020, 10:42 PM #17
Macaroodle
Field Researcher

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 313


I'm very glad you're getting help, and I'm especially glad that you've got a friend who's going to do their best to help you get through this. I'm sorry for all the unkind comments and for the people who think people going through such a hard time is "funny". Good luck, and I hope you'll get better!

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Old 24th Oct 2020, 10:59 PM #18
keyqueen
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 122


Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
This might sound silly but, who the hell is Susan Wainwright?
Premade from Sunset Valley. http://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Susan_Wainwright

opps, I didn't see that Daisylee already linked the page.
Old 24th Oct 2020, 11:22 PM #19
nitromon
Mad Poster

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,261
Thanks: 759 in 31 Posts
10 Achievements


You guys going to hate me for saying this because it might trigger the OP from writing more but...

What is the deal with her? She seems like unnoticeable and I didn't notice her at all in all my years. I mean, I remember Bella of course, who wouldn't? I remember the Calientes... and from Sims 3? Sunset Valley, I remember Pauline Wan with Hank Goddard. That's probably because the 1st sim house I chose was the one to their left and they were my neighbors and then my sim stole her from Hank and had several kids. (Pauline Wan is one of the ancestrial graves in my graveyard)

I remember the Wolff family because I stole their house and... I remember the Goth family b/c they were in TS2. I remember the Ursine b/c she was this fat ugly neighbor down the street, which my sim invited to the gym and trained her until she was hot as butter. But... that's about it.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Last edited by nitromon : 24th Oct 2020 at 11:38 PM.
Old 25th Oct 2020, 3:46 AM #20
keyqueen
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 122


Personally i am pretty familiar with all the premades from SV but only because 1. SV tends to be my go to when starting new games so I've played it more then the other neighborhoods , and 2. I enjoy watching what Sp does with the premade familys as the game progresses.

Susen is a unremarkable character for most true. But I think diffrent premades are bound to resonate with different people. It could be Susan reminds op of someone in their real life in some way. Or they are just attracted to what ever generic character archetype she fills. Whatever. Only op knows why this particular premade resonates with them so much.

I know I for one have a peculiar interest in Judy Bunch even though as far as I know not many other people pay much attention to her. For me it's because for some reason I get stereotypical Christian house wife vid's from her which reminds me of my aunt. As a result I do tend to follow her progress a little closer then other premades whenever I happen to be playing SV. I don't however go out of my way to involve her in my game every time I play.
Old 25th Oct 2020, 7:52 AM #21
Mirin Sagesato
Original Poster

Test Subject

Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 49
1 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by keyqueen
Personally i am pretty familiar with all the premades from SV but only because 1. SV tends to be my go to when starting new games so I've played it more then the other neighborhoods , and 2. I enjoy watching what Sp does with the premade familys as the game progresses.

Susen is a unremarkable character for most true. But I think diffrent premades are bound to resonate with different people. It could be Susan reminds op of someone in their real life in some way. Or they are just attracted to what ever generic character archetype she fills. Whatever. Only op knows why this particular premade resonates with them so much.

I know I for one have a peculiar interest in Judy Bunch even though as far as I know not many other people pay much attention to her. For me it's because for some reason I get stereotypical Christian house wife vid's from her which reminds me of my aunt. As a result I do tend to follow her progress a little closer then other premades whenever I happen to be playing SV. I don't however go out of my way to involve her in my game every time I play.


Susan only resonates with me because of my unhealthy obsession. Also I’ve played her a lot and know her a lot. It has nothing to do with her as a character.
Old 25th Oct 2020, 8:18 AM #22
LittleCheshire
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 188
Thanks: 105 in 1 Posts
3 Achievements


I...genuinely do not know what do here. What am I even supposed to say to something like this? I'm out of my league here.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Old 25th Oct 2020, 8:23 PM #23
keyqueen
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 122


People who develop obsessions as sever as yours seem to be rarely fixate on a particular thing for no reason. Perhaps finding out why your mind fixated on Susan can help you on your path to overcoming it as well as the other things people have been suggesting, talking to a therapist, finding hobbies you enjoy for their own sake and spending time with real people you are close to.

In the mean time I personally am going to stop responding to this thread as, as others have said it really is not healthy for you to continue making posts about your obsession. I hope you all the best and that you take care of yourself and continue to heal.
Last edited by keyqueen : 25th Oct 2020 at 8:36 PM.
Old 25th Oct 2020, 8:31 PM #24
Mirin Sagesato
Original Poster

Test Subject

Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 49
1 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by keyqueen
People who develop obsessions as sever as yours seem to be rarely fixate on a particular thing for no reason. Perhaps finding out why your mind fixated on Susan can help you on your path to overcoming it as well as the other things people have been suggesting, talking to a therapist, finding hobbies you enjoy for their own sake and spending time with real people you are close to.

In the mean time I personally am going to stop responding to this thread as, as others have said it really is not healthy for you to continue making posts about your obsession. I hop you all the best and that you take care of yourself and continue to heal.


I was fixated on sims 2 first, then on sims 3, then on Blair x Cycl0n3 shipping, then on wainwrights + Cycl0n3, and eventually just Susan.

It mostly happened cuz susan had more posts than the others on my blog, which happened completely accidentally.
Old 25th Oct 2020, 9:35 PM #25
nitromon
Mad Poster

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,261
Thanks: 759 in 31 Posts
10 Achievements


Well I actually don't know your history, for some reason I have not run into or read any of your past posts. But apparently you got banned, which is bad because you must've done something to violate the rules on here which has nothing to do with your obsession with Susan. Some people on here seems upset with you, but I'm sure that is not because of your obsession with Susan, but because you violated forum rules and would not stop when requested to do so.

However, if you stay within the confine of the rules, then I don't see any problem with your interest in this topic and Susan. Personally I think either you are just trying to be funny, which is fine we're all a bunch of goofs here, or you really do have some sort of fixation with this sim, which again is also fine because it is not any different than how people of this world have obsessions with celebrities. I have a friend who was obsessed with Sandra Bullock for the longest time. I couldn't quite figure it out because to me she is like Susan, plain and unnoticeable. He collected all her movies, 2 copies each... 1 to watch, 1 to keep as unopened collectible. Blockbuster had a full size cutout of her promoting one of her movies and he bought it from them when they were done with it and put it in his room.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Closed Thread


Section jump:


Powered by MariaDB Some icons by http://dryicons.com.