Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2019 at 4:01 PM Last edited by PharaohHound : 4th Nov 2019 at 4:24 PM.
Default Theme catch-up
Well, folks, our Mid-century theme was a rousing success! Some great modern architecture, atomic era flare, and even a moon landing! We'll be handing out stickers today, so stay tuned.

To wrap up the year, as requested, we are doing a Theme Catch-up. What does this mean? It means that you get to fill in the gaps in your sticker collection! We are reopening old theme achievements for a limited period. How does it work?
  1. Find a theme you want to do. The easiest way is to search for "theme" in the site news forum.
  2. Make an item for that theme
  3. Upload your item, making sure to include the tag "catchup2019" as well as the original tag for the theme you are fulfilling (for example "themeMidCentury").

Easy peasy! The Catch-up will run until the end of the year, giving you plenty of time to plan and create your items.

And here's the full list of awesome Mid-century creativity:

LizStar Jacks Bedroom (Maxis Recolours) (Bedroom)
aldavorMusic paintings from 50s records (Decorative)
joandsarah77Pool Party 1950's Inspired Swimsuits (Swimwear)
ThinkingWithPortals101The Delray - A Mid-Century "Remodel" (Residential)
VulpusRetro-Contemporary Tiny House (Residential)
ZarathustraApollo 11 - Tranquility Base - NO CC (Residential)
moleskineMulholland (Residential)
aisquaredThe Cozy Compact (Residential)
cutsocksMoksha (Residential)
RayanStarModern 1951 - 2BR/3BA (Residential)
fascisthaterPark Manor Apartments(NoCC) (Apartments)
bubbajoe62Alexander Steel (Residential)
bubbajoe62The Wexler (Residential)
bubbajoe62River Park Mutual Homes (Residential)
AdeLanaSPCollection "Fashion 50's" (Everyday)
MetamorpThe Century - (No CC) (Furnished & Unfurnished) (Residential)
Sophie-DavidBugfix Jan 18: Futur-Vu Twin Television (Electronics)
HugeLunaticAtomic TV & Stereo (Electronics)
zoe22Mid-Century Dining Set (Dining)
CatherineTCJDSwamp House Handy-man Special ~ 3bed/1.5 bath + driveway (Residential)
CatherineTCJDHexagonal House ~ Built from RL Houseplans with minimal CC (Residential)
KestinDoomsday Clock (Decorative)
JustpetroA Modern Mid-Century House (Residential)
JawusaEA's Mid-Century 50s Diner-ish Outfits Converted for Other Ages (Everyday)

We notice that a few of you have added the thememidcentury tag to old uploads. While that will get you featured in this list (since the list is autogenerated from the tag) please note that we will only be handing out stickers to those who uploaded during the time period the theme was running, to keep things fair. There may be a slight delay in handing out stickers this time, we still need to finalize the design, but as soon as they're ready we'll bestow them.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Nov 2019 at 5:50 PM
Are we just looking at the themes from 2019 for this? Because what I'm seeing, that's just the Business and MidCentury themes, since they were longer submission windows than in years past...

Or can we "catch up" on themes from 2018 (or earlier) too? I'm still sad to have missed the Space and Adventure themes in 2018!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 12:55 AM
@Zarathustra - Any previous theme is fair game, not just ones from this year! So this is the perfect chance to complete ones you wish you'd done.

simblr
Space Pony
#4 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PharaohHound
@Zarathustra - Any previous theme is fair game, not just ones from this year! So this is the perfect chance to complete ones you wish you'd done.

*angelic chorus plays*

pronouns: they/them
Theorist
#5 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 8:35 AM
Hmm. Remember those guys had some unfinished @joandsarah77 @AdelanaSP @AGuyCalledPi

What about those challenges that had stickers too, but not for downloads section? Such as Crumplebottom's house challenge. Does they are also available here? And if not, is there a chance to get those challenge stickers in future?

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 8:47 AM
@Victor_tor What did I have unfinished?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#7 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 12:37 PM
Woopsie. Wrong mention. Remember there was someone from Sims 2 creators. My memory is not already so big.

But well hope there is not bad too much I mentioned creators are taking part in themes, who has creations I follow and respect.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#8 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 3:43 PM
Oh, how great! This makes me want finish the sci-fi neighborhood project Aileen Landing, so I can upload that neighborhood for the space time.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 11:25 PM
I'd planned to finish up and package together some CAS pieces, sure, but no guarantees.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Space Pony
#10 Old 6th Nov 2019 at 2:24 AM
I wonder. I was looking at the 14 stickers I can get and some of them seem bound to overlap a little. Can one submission fulfill multiple themes? Say, Retail and Business, or Vintage and Mid-Century? All About Men can also cross over with a lot of different things if what you're making is clothing...

And to jump the gun a little...if multi-theme crossovers are allowed, is there a limit to how many we can get in one upload? I can't imagine trying for some crazy hybrid of 6 different things; I'm just curious. :P

Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Nov 2019 at 8:24 AM
Well retail is a type of business, and mid-century is a type of vintage. So I suppose you could have at least two at once. Mine would be vintage business for certain, but might also qualify as retail.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#12 Old 6th Nov 2019 at 11:18 AM
Guess one upload can have one theme selected. But that's just guessing. I hope moderators will make it clear.

Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Nov 2019 at 4:27 PM
@Kestin - I've chatted about it with our community events team and we've agreed that, in the spirit of fairness towards those who uploaded during the original time period of the themes, we are limiting this to one theme per upload. So if you want to collect stickers for multiple themes, you will need to do multiple uploads. Hope this clears things up!

simblr
Space Pony
#14 Old 6th Nov 2019 at 7:28 PM
No problemo! Just wanted to be sure.

Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 5:23 PM
Might just need to put my creating cap on. Love stickers!!!
Instructor
#16 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 4:12 PM Last edited by k2m1too : 9th Nov 2019 at 6:16 PM. Reason: fixed tags
To help everyone out, I picked through the news section and found most of the themes that garner badges. I did not go back to 2012 and beyond though. (Those that far back don't have badge icons on my "achievements" area, so I don't know if they got badges or not.)

Theme (with link)CircaTag
A Day At The BeachMar 2015themebeach
Green LivingApr 2015themegreen
Get FitMay 2015themefit
Maxis MakeoverJun 2015thememaxis
Around the WorldJul 2015themeworld
All About MenAug 2015thememen
Everything RetailSep 2015themeretail
College LivingOct 2015themeuni
VintageNov 2015themevintage
Winter WonderlandDec 2015themewinter
Books, Movies & TV ShowsJan 2016themetv
Into the FutureFeb 2016themefuture
Performing ArtsMay 2017themeperformingarts
Maternity & BeyondAug 2017themeMaB
Seasons & CelebrationsOct 2017themeSHC
PetsJan 2018petstheme (note that this tag doesn't follow the pattern)
Adventure & TravelMar 2018themeadventure
SpaceJul 2018themeSpace
EldersOct 2018themeElders
Back to SchoolNov 2018themeBackToSchool
Mid-centuryJul 2019themeMidCentury
BusinessJul 2019themeBusiness

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 1:10 AM
So... if I pull my head out of the Hissing Wastes sand (Dragon Age) and fire up my Sims again, before the end of the year... I can pick up the 2 stickers I missed this year? (Well, fire 'em up AND build something )

I love stickers , and I have ALL the others...

Yeah! OK... let's see if it will still load...

PS - How 'bout the 'Happy Lama Butt' and 'Alert Citizen' stickers - is there a way to retro-earn those?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#18 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
PS - How 'bout the 'Happy Lama Butt' and 'Alert Citizen' stickers - is there a way to retro-earn those?

Sorry, this is for creator themes which result in uploads to the site.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Sorry, this is for creator themes which result in uploads to the site.

Ah! Got 'cha... thanks.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Space Pony
#20 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 5:58 AM
Ohhh, so Alert Citizen was for a time-sensitive event? I've been wondering how to get it. Glad to have that cleared up.

Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 7:11 PM
@PharaohHound
I still haven't got my sticker for the mid-century theme.
Can you look into that, please?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#22 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 8:59 PM
Mad Poster
#23 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 11:10 PM
Woot! Woot! I did it
My 2 missing stickers should be accomplished (whenever they are handed out - probably Jan, 2020?)
Thank you for pushing me back into the Sims 2. Iron Bull, Varric and Cass are just gonna hafta deal with it. LOL

and Vintage Stuffeths
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
@lientebollemeis That is because you didn't upload anything for that theme. You tagged old uploads, which is not what the creator theme is about.

@Hugelunatic
I asked this to Lyralei past summer if I could do that (as Lyralei did) ( https://modthesims.info/showthread....158#post5550158 ) and they said it was okay to do so.

Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I saw that Lyralei just added #thememidcentury to an old upload that is indeed thememidcentury.
Are we allowed to do that or must it really be uploaded between mid July and mid October 2019?

Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Of course if you have a download that specifically works with a theme (Like the Midcentury beds I made) Then honestly go for it! But be aware that we do check downloads on if they actually are fitting that theme.

But! We do really recommend trying to come up with something new so there's more content and things to enjoy for everyone! I'm just setting a bad example :P

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#25 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 8:30 AM
I've always thought that old, "before a theme" uploads were NOT eligible for that theme? Seems kind of unfair for them to be since that theme didn't even exist at the time.
Page 1 of 2