Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 1:07 AM
Good luck with the toddlers! My hood has also been running rather dry lately, so I hope to acquire some knowledge regarding the general progression of my hood in the future. Happy simming to you too

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LilKiwi
Okay, so, this is just a very quick update. All the babies are now toddlers, and they're all boys!! Lucky I have a couple of family sims that will be willing to have more babies, and plans for another family to move into the neighbourhood. I will most move the new family in when all toddlers have become children (ugh, getting a headache already). My founding adult sims are about to become elders in about two sim weeks, give or take a day.
Nothing notable has occurred during game play, rather boring in fact, so I've a couple of ideas in my head I'm playing around with.

So, until next time
Happy Simming

Sometimes I have a story line like one of my Alien Founding Families wants to have the members of the clan marry out of the clan and that mating with other Aliens is desirable though not required and that members of the clan should reproduce. General concept is that if Aliens are a significant part of Society they will be more accepted and that the clan needs members for the effort. Not exactly taking over the world though, they just want to be accepted. Hope that I am making sense here. This story line just came to me recently and it is something I made up after just playing with out a particular story in mind.

However sometimes Sims just want to be happy and I try to play toward that goal. Usually I go by what the individual sim has a want to do and I see what happens.

So my advice is to play without a particular story line in mind and most likely one will occur to you as you play. If you don't think of a story, just play and then maybe make a story line up afterward to suit a particular family after the fact. I hope that I am making sense here.

BTW I was typing all of that bit with one of my cats in my lap.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 3:18 AM
@ lordtyger9
You make complete sense to me. I indeed have taken your advice and have played without any storyline, or 'God' mode (if you know what I mean). I must admit, it has been quite relaxing to play this way. I do save the random shot in case I need it for future sharing (not too distant future of course). And I know how it can be a tad challenging typing with a feline buddy around, especially when they're so content and you try not to disturb them. Hehehe. Thank you for your advice.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#54 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 12:37 PM
@LilKiwi
Lovely neighbourhood! I'm enjoying reading about your sims. I like to play with no set story in mind too- mostly I play to the sims' wants, but sometimes something occurs to me and then I make it so!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 2:58 AM
Just because...here's a few random pics I thought I'd share.

My Sim Play found Here
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 10:26 AM
Nice Pictures LilKiwi.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 5:18 AM
Oh my gosh. I do so apologize for my looooong absence. I've had so much going on (good and bad), that I was lucky to find 20 minutes for myself. During this time I had my computer stolen and work has been absolute hell, but, I'm here again and with a new(ish) computer and my game reinstalled, I now have the fun and sad task of re-inventing my hood (I really miss my sim families ). Maybe, a strange event occurred wiping out the population leaving nothing but a desert?
Well, I'm sure I will come up with something. But it's good to be back. I cannot wait to catch up with everyone's game progress

My Sim Play found Here
Link Ninja
#58 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 6:55 AM
Welcome back lilKiwi and that utterly BLOWS that your computer got nabbed. Like...guh... >

This would be the best time to do an apocalyptic grunge or desert neighborhood if you are looking to get back into it. It could be set generations into the future and you could bring back some of your old family surnames as new descendants of your favorites? Or like an evolved surname from your old ones that turned into clans. Just spit-balling new ideas. I'd still be devastated and moping if something like that happened to me, probably would quit sims for a long time so I commend you for working through this tragic happening.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#59 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 4:50 PM
How awful. I would go through computer withdrawal. I'm glad you're back in business and ready to play.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:03 PM
@ Charmful, Thank you for the idea. I was thinking along the lines of an apocalypse, but didn't think of setting it generations ahead, which would indeed allow me to keep my previous sim families somewhat alive. So thanks for that. Now I need to knuckle down and figure out some story. (hehehe) Did that sound a little evil?
@ Cher64, Trust me, I really did go through withdrawals, so bad that some days I just didn't want to get out of bed.

My Sim Play found Here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 2:31 AM
What Really Happened in New Bay.
It began as every other day would for the New Bay residents. Children went to school, the employed went off to work and others went about their daily chores.
A fine spring day it was in the neighborhood, that is until something went terribly wrong at the laboratory where Lilly Collins worked. There were a couple of rumours as to what really happened that day.
According to one source, that place was where all sorts of "experiments" took place. Not only on sims, both natural and unnatural, but also experimental vaccines, elixirs of life, and genetic enhancements.
One story is how a disgruntled employee deliberately released an untested vaccine which was hoped to be the cure for influenza, into the atmosphere. It was obviously no cure, instead it seemed, to be a booster for the flu, making anyone who came into contact with a sim who had the flu, die a slow and painful death.
The other story was that it was not human error, but an unforeseen incident. While researching a new endospore, under what seemed to be a safe and contained environment, a malfunction in the power generator happened leading to a rise in temperature giving the bacteria a favourable environment to grow. And quickly it did. Of course no one truly realised what happened until no one turned up for work at the lab the following day.
The Collins Household
Lilly, after a 16 hour day at work, returned home feeling absolutely exhausted. Putting it down to over working herself, she went in to the room her son Aran shared with his uncle Liam,to give him a kiss goodnight and tuck him in. Too tired to eat, she opted to relax in a bubble bath before taking herself to bed where no sooner had her head touched her pillow, she drifted off into a deep slumber.
The morning came and Liam was not feeling well at all. Blair and Harvey felt fine and went about their day as normal. Aran went to school while Blair, who had the day off work, set about fussing over Liam. Harvey, as usual, lost himself in his art. They didn't bother waking Lilly as they knew she needed her rest, for they knew she worked some long nights.
As the morning drew to a close, Harvey was suprised Lilly had not risen from her sleep, which she normally did around this time, so decided to check on her. When he could not rouse her, his suprise turned to concern. Calling his wife Blair in, they realised there was something gravely wrong. Lilly's breathing was very slow and shallow, she was sweating and yet cold to the touch. Harvey immediately phoned the emergency services only to find the hospitals had been inundated with similar calls and a sudden influx of sick sims. By the time Aran arrived home from school, Liam was showing the same symptoms as Lilly. On the advice from the medical emergency staff, Lilly and Liam were quarantined from the rest of the household.
Two days later, both Lilly and Liam had succumbed to whatever illness they had, and died in the early morning hours.
It was around this time a curfew was put in place and the small town under quarantine. No sim could leave their homes, unless they held a special pass, for any reason. This was a hard time for the families who had lost loved ones who could not give their dead a proper burial.
This was also a time of separations, as the government decreed that all children who were deemed well after extensive checks, were to be removed and put into a special care unit. Aran was one of these children to be removed.
Only 3 days later, he was informed he no longer had any living relatives.
The Peterson Household
Henry, who had a career in Natural Science quickly went home to his family when the alert went out of something terrible happening in the bio lab situated in the same building he worked in. He too, worked many long hours, but unlike Lilly he did not feel any symptoms until 2 days later. His wife Amanda was scared and not coping well, after hearing from her husband what had happened.
She knew someone would come and take their son Jimmy away and this had her near hysterics and had it not been for Harveys last words, she would have probably taken their own lives. She loved her family so much, she could barely bring herself to let Jimmy go. A day after she had cleansed and dressed her husbands body, Amanda came down with the same illness Harvey had. as she suffered alone, her mind wandered and found herself thinking how on earth this could happen. Her thoughts drifted from happy memories of her family, to questions of why. She died soon after feeling a little relief that Jimmy was safe and well.
Being separated from his parents saddened Jimmy deeply, but seeing his two fellow school friend Aran, he felt a little less alone. He cried for days after he found out his mother and father were gone forever.
The Howard Household
It was Eliza who succumbed to the illness first in the house. With her job as a dancer, she was around other people daily. Unaware of the events that unfolded and how quickly it spread, she got home feeling as she always did after work. Shower and then into her office to work on her book, while James helped Kieran with his homework, then set about preparing dinner.
During the night Eliza started showing signs of having the sickness. By morning, she was bed ridden, James who had phoned the medical team on standby was informed of what to expect and to ready himself for what would follow. Sitting Kieran down, he explained everything and proceeded to pack his son a suitcase with only the belongings allowed to be taken with him.
Kieran never got to say goodbye to his mother, not that he was very close to her, but having to leave his father was the hardest thing he could do. James, found the strength to hide his own fear and with heaviest of heart bade his son farewell. Kieran was sad, but his father reassured him he would not be alone and this proved to be right. As he stepped up into the school bus used to transport the children he saw Jimmy and Aran.
James lay beside his wife and pulled her close, embracing her as she took her final breath. He followed his wife a half day later. Being an elderly gentleman, the sickness quickly took hold of him.
​Kieran was now an orphan.

So that is my story as to what happened. Now i have the fun task of rebuilding and re introducing the kin of these families as I think it should be.
Thanks for your patience.

My Sim Play found Here
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 8:02 AM
Wow lots of tragedy in New Bay!

As soon as you get things started, be sure to make a backup of your game and if I were you make a second backup on a rewitable DVD that you can use to have a backup that you won't lose.

Me I have an autobackup and one older backup and one recent backup all on a external HD and I backup every time I play

Field Researcher
#63 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 8:20 PM
This apocalyptic illness is a great way to explain the loss of so many sims and your storyline's jump into the future. I'm sad for those poor, lonely children, but anxious to see what happens in the future.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:32 PM
@ lordtyger9, Thanks for the wise advice. I have done as you suggested and backed up my game. Using an external drive.
@ Cher64, Thank you.

So here we have the three surviving offspring as adults.
First we have Jimmy Peterson

Cancer / Fortune / Tinkering

Second is Kieran Howard

Capricorn / Family / Cuisine

And last but not least, we have Aran Collins

Virgo / Knowledge / Science

All three have families which you will meet soon.
Screenshots

My Sim Play found Here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#65 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:36 PM
Meet the families of Jimmy, Kieran and Aran

The Gen2 Collins Family
Aran, wife Abby and their two sons Henry II and Liam

The Gen2 Howard Family
Kieran, wife Claire and their daughter Alana

The Gen2 Peterson Family
Jimmy, wife Jenny and their daughter Vera

My Sim Play found Here
Scholar
#66 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:08 AM
i'm liking this so far! keep posting about this hood please.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 11:54 AM
@LilKiwi The families of Jimmy, Kieran and Aran look really good. How are they doing now?

Glad that you are making backups, I had to revert my game to the previous days saved game, I had two dogs and one of them disapeared even though it was on the lot and I got it back at first and then the game crashed later and I was back to the last save in that game and I could not recover the lost dog, so I just reverted to my older saved game. Lost several hours of playing, arggh.

Lab Assistant
#68 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 3:56 PM
Lilkiwi, I admire your dedication to your hood. I don't know if my current game could survive after one broken laptop and a stolen one. Looking forward to seeing how things progress.

@lordtyger99, have you downloaded any of Boiling Oil's Cleaner Gameplay mods?

Here's a link: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....opic=7875.0;all

The No Sim Loaded mod has completely stopped all of my crashing issues. I used to have the hardest time playing the Ottomas family; the game used to crash every day at 3pm when the younger kids and Samantha came home from work and school. After downloading BO's mods for wiping junk data from conversations, memories, and sim tokens and controllers, I haven't had a single crash. It's worth a look.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bbostic8
Lilkiwi, I admire your dedication to your hood. I don't know if my current game could survive after one broken laptop and a stolen one. Looking forward to seeing how things progress.

@lordtyger99, have you downloaded any of Boiling Oil's Cleaner Gameplay mods?

Here's a link: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....opic=7875.0;all

The No Sim Loaded mod has completely stopped all of my crashing issues. I used to have the hardest time playing the Ottomas family; the game used to crash every day at 3pm when the younger kids and Samantha came home from work and school. After downloading BO's mods for wiping junk data from conversations, memories, and sim tokens and controllers, I haven't had a single crash. It's worth a look.

@bbostic8 Thanks for the suggestion, but yeah I have the BO - No Sim Loaded.package along with 27 other of BoilingOil's Mods. I am not sure why I had the unexpected quit usually when I do have them, which is not often, it is a memory error.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 4:26 AM
@lordtyger9, the families are doing well, I'm playing by rotation this time. Monday to Monday. Progress is a little slow due to work and such. I will be posting an update in the next couple of days. Oh my, I would cry if I lost hours of play.

@bbostic8, Thank you. When I create my pixel families I pretty much become attached to them.

My Sim Play found Here
Forum Resident
#71 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 7:06 AM
I would do anything to, to recover my pixels! They mean everything to me now!

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 10:43 PM
An update..about time too.
First up Jimmy Peterson

Not the one to come home from work and get pelted with hail stones. Oh, and instead of running straight inside, He decides to run around the front of his house..

Its nice the couple have jobs that let them have some lurv time (for now that is)

And Jimmys hobby is tinkering. (If I remember correctly, positive actually, his fathers hobby was the same)
Anyway, for now Jimmy and his family are fairly okay, nothing very exciting happens in their household. It just seems they prefer to work and no play..

The Howards

Kierans having an awesome week. He obviously loves his work. Can't be the money thats for sure.

He rolled a want for a bird cage, and his wish was granted. His bird is called Kaido.

And well now, Claire, Thats what happens when your too cheap to hire a handyman. Should have waited for hubby to get home.

Nice look.Hehehe

The Collins

Aran works in science (no surprise) and his hobby is science.

And we know what this means. Beamed up to have fun?

Wife Abby with their first child, Henry II. She's ready to give birth anytime.

And finally we meet Henry II.

And Aran has his own little one on the way.

And we meet Liam.

My Sim Play found Here
Link Ninja
#73 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 3:31 AM
Abby is so pretty and that was a good capture of Claire getting electro-fried lol. What is Kieran's bird's name?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LilKiwi
First up Jimmy Peterson

yes It is nice that Jimmy and his wife have jobs that let them have some lurv time

Quote:
The Howards

Kierans having an awesome week. He obviously loves his work. Can't be the money thats for sure.

I like the ones that come home all happy

@Charmful His bird is called Kaido.

Quote:
And well now, Claire, Thats what happens when your too cheap to hire a handyman. Should have waited for hubby to get home.

Funny and a great picture as well, maybe she learned something?

Quote:
The Collins

Aran works in science (no surprise) and his hobby is science.
And we know what this means. Beamed up to have fun?
Wife Abby with their first child, Henry II. She's ready to give birth anytime.
And finally we meet Henry II.
And Aran has his own little one on the way.
And we meet Liam.

I think it is great that you have an Alien Hybrid {Aran is a hybrid, yes?} that got abducted and come back Alien Pregnant.
His son is either a Full Alien or another Hybrid, I wonder which one.

Lab Assistant
#75 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:47 PM
@lordtyger99

If Aran is half alien and half human and the other alien dad is full alien, that makes baby 75% alien, 25% human. If that baby went on to get abducted, you'd further dilute the human genetic qualities in the line and eventually get a near-full blooded alien baby, but it's not possible to have a "full" alien baby with the mechanics in the game. Maybe there's a hack for it, I don't know.

@Lilkiwi

A nice update on the day in the life of your residents. They seem to have healthy marriages. I certainly hope Abby will have some help raising those two babies! (It seems as though she doesn't have a job, I'm not trying to enforce traditional gender roles)

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.

Page 3 of 4