Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#51 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 6:43 AM Last edited by JLonier : 7th Mar 2006 at 7:12 AM.
Niol,

The mirror floor tiles turned out not to actually be a floor tile so I couldn't try what a wanted to. I did more searching here and on the web and found I wasn't the first (what a surprise) one who wanted to make floors with a bit of reflectivity, but that no one has been able to do it to any level that was satisfactory to them.

The only method I've found uses a lighting effect (which doesn't produce reflectivity) in PSP X (which I just purchsed and am still getting familiar with, I used to use PSE but found it took just about as long to load as TS2), but so far I've been unsatisfied with the results. What method are you referring to? I haven't given up as I'd love to see some high gloss floors in one of my modern buildings as well as in a hotel lobby.

Thank you!

JLonier
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 1:21 PM
In the txmt file, -> properties, ensure to have these following lines. If not, add them there, sort list, add the new texture name @ the "File list". commit.

stdMatEnvCubeLockedToCamera=1
stdMatEnvCubeMode=reflection
stdMatEnvCubeTextureName=reflectionkitchenhighcont rast-envcube

This will make a reflective looking tile. But, it can be kinda freaky...! Seemingly, tiles are partially treated like some object recolours yet with certain limitations.
Test Subject
#53 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 10:56 AM
I want to make some thing but how do you do it?
Mad Poster
#54 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 4:27 PM
dalek19,

Can you tell people what exactly you want to make and link or attach some pictures if unable to type it out or tell?
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pmvg
I have a project for which I would like to recreate houses in Sims 2 from actual architect plans. I need help in scaling the plans to fit the building mode grid.
My question is: what are the scale dimensions of a grid square in the building mode? 2 feet? a yard? a meter?

I have decided that each grid space is approxematly 2' 6" in size. The reason I have decided this is because the average bath tub is only 5' long and the sims tubes cover two squares of the grid.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by netseeker2
I would DESPERATELY LOVE to have (like yesterday or as soon as possible) either a pic of a rollercoaster track or train track (track of any kind) that is the same width on both ends, so that I can make a floor tile from it, or if anyone knows of such a floor tile that I might use in a lot that I wish to post both at my Yahoo Group and at TSR. Aha... That's the sticky point here I guess, TSR. But I want to enter their build competition with a certain type lot and need a track floor tile that the tracks meet end to end and aren't askew. I have pics of tracks but they're taken in the perspective of looking forward down the line and so they narrow (not good for floor tiles). Can't find any pics of tracks taken looking directly down at them on the ground and not ahead. So if anyone knows of any, or knows of any floor tiles like that where the author wouldn't mind I used them (and gave them credit for using them in the description of the file when posted) please PM me asap. Thanks.

netseeker2

I don't know if its you set but there is a complete train station availabe at TSR.
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#57 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 7:50 AM
Niol,

Thanks for your previous help and you were right, the result was kinda freaky and not what I was looking for. Bummer. I'm sure someone somewhere will get eventually figure it out. I'd like to know how 4SF does it although I notice the floor tiles aren't available for download even in a donation set. Makes me wonder...

I recently, through my own stupidity, lost all my downloads. I am in the process of recreating my absolute favorites and cannot live withouts. I believe this time I will finally create a folder just for those files in the event I ever do this again. Anyway, once upon a time there was a thread here with a link to a web site that provided working garbage cans and the mailbox in case you accidentally delete them, as well as a pizza in a collection folder. I thought it was snooty sims that had this, but I didn't find it there and a google or an advanced search doesn't find it here. I know I found it here somewhere does anyone know what I'm talking about and know where it was I found it?

Thank you!
Mad Poster
#58 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 11:24 AM
I'm unsure if someone mentioned that they can be found in either varioussimmers or moreawesomethanyou.

For a mirrory floor, carpet-rug-based mirror is more approachable, and Bitzybus @ TSR has made a 1x1 and 1/2-triangular ones. But if using everal of them, the system is likely to be slowered. Unsure if a larger mesh for mirror floor rug may work better by reducing the number of the object and so as that of cameras needed in-game.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 5:19 PM
Looking for Maxis unlocked pool wall and floor tile
I know long time ago someone unlocked maxis road tiles along with pools walls and the pool floor tiles ...I've been combing the downloads area to find the information on how to make those walls and floors availiable... can someone please help me find the location of this or these items...tell me how can I go about unlocking them.

"Smile when it rains"
Test Subject
#60 Old 14th May 2006 at 12:14 AM
Default Sloped walls
I know there was a file here that were walls that you could use on slopes. Is could someone direct me to it, I cant remember what it was called. Tnxs.

(I know I should have downloaded it before but it never thought I would have a use for them... i proved myself wrong.)
Forum Resident
#61 Old 14th May 2006 at 12:22 AM
You mean like custom walls? Yes, I do know about those, I have them in my game. They are made by the wonderful Numenor, and you can find them here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=59793
Test Subject
#62 Old 17th May 2006 at 5:07 PM
Talking about the wonderful Numenor and his fantastic WallWindows.
I am looking for a window, simple, no frames and stuff, maybe different glass colors, which is only half height. So the window would go from about where a counter would end to the top of the wall, filling this upper part of the wall completly while I can design the bottom part myself.
Test Subject
#63 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 10:53 PM
I'm trying to understand why I can't see the objects in different floors, as an example I'm at the second floor but i can't see things in the floor under

maybe there is a mod?

I am trying to make like in this pic: http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/...50a0e6bepd2.jpg

Intel Core I7 [email protected] - Liquid Cooling by Ybris Cooling ACS - ASUS P6T Deluxe X58 - WD Raptor X WD1500AHFD - Cooler Master CM Stacker STC-T01 argento - 4gb Corsair TWIN3X4096 1600 - ZOTAC AMP! GeForce GTX 275 - ENERMAX INFINITI DXX 650W - CREATIVE X-FI TITANIUM FATAL1TY PRO
Mad Poster
#64 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 6:03 AM
Test Subject
#65 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by niol
Vanon,

May check out this post

whops !! thanks a lot! I thought that it hid the objects out of sight, not those in other floors, but in sight

thanks a lot

Intel Core I7 [email protected] - Liquid Cooling by Ybris Cooling ACS - ASUS P6T Deluxe X58 - WD Raptor X WD1500AHFD - Cooler Master CM Stacker STC-T01 argento - 4gb Corsair TWIN3X4096 1600 - ZOTAC AMP! GeForce GTX 275 - ENERMAX INFINITI DXX 650W - CREATIVE X-FI TITANIUM FATAL1TY PRO
Test Subject
#66 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 2:10 PM
Hey .. I'm New Here .. And I Have Certain Problems To Save Things, Like .. Hair, Houses, MakeUp, And Other Stuff ... !

I download the things .. I Put Them In The Game, But I Can't Use Them .. I Don't Know Why ! :XxX ...

Could U Please Help Me ? .. I Really Wanted To Use Those Things In The Game!
Scholar
#67 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 2:28 PM
this is the wrong place, try the help forum

http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31
Forum Resident
#68 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 7:08 PM Last edited by Mutantbunny : 23rd Nov 2006 at 7:14 PM.
I have been trying to find the source of a terrace type fence like object wall thingy.

I have downloaded a few lots with this terrace fence thing on them, they show up in my game only they are unselectable, not affected by the sledge tool, but they are there nonetheless. I am guessing that maybe they are a hidden fence object wall? within the game and I just don't have the script enabled to do anything with them?

Any info on this would be appreciated. I have pics if anyone wants to see it.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 8:29 PM
sorry...show a pic please
If you want you have the S2C "where I can find", they are very useful (perhaps more than here) http://forums.sims2community.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37 if you use it, show a pic also !

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Mad Poster
#70 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 3:52 AM
It's pretty ironical that this thread was oringinally made for answering where to find this or that... build mode custom contents...

Should it be changed to where can I find this or that build tutorial instead now? or just leaving out this ambiguity alone as a special characteristic in the build mode?
Forum Resident
#71 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 8:56 PM
Pics.

Best I have, hope they aren't so small you can't see this thing. The structure I'm asking about is not the fence in the foreground but the terrace, thing in the center, tall, looks almost like a pergola tool...? I don't know how better to describe it....

As for if I'm posting in the right thread. I think I am. Aren't I? Isn't this a build item? It certainly isn't from a tutorial...not sure it's an object either.....don't know what it is.

This structure, whatever it is be it fence, wall, object, it's there in my game, but it is NOT selectable. But it's there in 3D, can't place other things in it's footprint, etc. How can it be there and NOT be selectable or 'sledge-able' removable with the new sledge hammer tool)? Any ideas what it is/where to get access to it?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#72 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 4:01 PM
I have this in my game ! I am running OFB and it is the last item in fences, in french it is "arche treillis boisron", (something like arch roundwood) I can use it without any pblem...
But it is true, it is unselectable, it can be removeved by itself only you can build it above an other fence, dont destroy other fences and cant be in diagonal.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Forum Resident
#73 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 9:36 PM
Wow...an OFB item, huh? Do yuo have any modifications to your fences txt file in your game folder? Why would it be unselectable? The other fences are selectable.... I'm confused.

I don't have my game installed right now, so I can't check this out. Hopefully, someone can confirm this?
Mad Poster
#74 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 10:16 PM
I have no modified fences, they are too hard to upload, the item comes without the star and they have the caracteristics I list above.

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Forum Resident
#75 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 4:31 PM
I think that's probably it: I love fences, I dl them like crazy. I think one of them is probably overwriting this trellis.

Thank you for helping me track it down. I appreciate it!
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Please utilize the WCIF area on S2C.
Page 3 of 4