Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 2:39 AM
The baked and cooked smell of foods I like very much, f.e. from the Italian kitchen.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 4:11 AM
Opening a window on a clear Spring day. <3

Also, if I'm really hungry, fast food. It's not the most tasty thing, but it smells like Heaven to me when I'm hungry. Oh, and my make-up remover wipes. They smell so clean.
#28 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 6:55 AM
sawdust, especially cedar.
Inventor
#29 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 9:09 AM
fresh cut grass, for someone who don't like tomatoes, I like the smell of their vines. also old books, new jigsaw puzzles. I think I also like the smell of fresh paint.
years ago, I liked the smell of a dog shampoo we had for our dog. never been able to find it, since.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 11:39 AM
Good hash.

I don't smoke it but I had hippy parents so I smelt it as a child and then many years later when I was an adult I smelt it again and remembered that it was my favourite smell!

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 1:42 AM
The smell of rising dough. Old books. Also, this one section in the basement of one of the buildings on campus (I swear, it is the BEST). I'm really concerned it might be mold... But it is just so pleasant smelling.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 2:43 AM
once upon a time I had a long distance love affair and I'd just got back from a long weekend with my Love, I opened my suitcase and I could smell my Love all over my clothes - it was amazing and bittersweet at all once. I cried like a baby and buried my face in my clothes awash with the scent - I knew it would be a long, long time before we saw each other again. In the end we broke up, the distance was too great but I will never forget that moment as long as I live.
Inventor
#33 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
@stitch_too - Ahh! How could I forget about the smell of old books! It's amazing. Equally amazing is the smell of new books.

oh yes, that new book smell. its good, but the old book smell is better. my gran's old gardening books had that old musty smell I liked.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Mad Poster
#34 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stitch_too
fresh cut grass, for someone who don't like tomatoes, I like the smell of their vines. also old books, new jigsaw puzzles. I think I also like the smell of fresh paint.
years ago, I liked the smell of a dog shampoo we had for our dog. never been able to find it, since.

Yes! cut grass .. smelled so good I had to taste it; not so good. Tomatoes - just the slightest touch of a vine and the smell stays, I don't want to wash it off. And I would like to start a "SOUNDS" thread..but yea, smell actually creates neuron connections/memories. I love drives through the desert just to smell stuff, some things are real distinctive but don't know what they are.
How about sheets that have dried on a line outside...that wonderful smell can't be duplicated (& I love the crispy feel).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#35 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 5:52 AM
Ohhhhhh, sheets dried on the line outside! How could I have forgotten that smell? So you can add that to my little list. I've already checked my clothesline - it's good to go and doesn't need replaced. I didn't have a dryer for a few years so HAD to dry everything outside - or inside in the winter. (Our laundry room has the furnace in it and gets rather warm.) Now that I've got a dryer there are certain things that will get dried that way - like towels and jeans - but sheets and other bedding? Outside with it! I'm a notoriously bad sleeper, up and down all night, but I've noticed I sleep a bit better when my bedding has been dried on the line.

/me wanders off to check the weather forecast.. and to make sure there are enough clothespins (those blasted things have a habit of disappearing)
Mad Poster
#36 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 9:04 AM
Freshly baked brownies, cookies, cakes and French toast; fresh tropical fruit, freshly laundered sheets on a cool day with the windows open.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#37 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 12:57 PM
Brand new sponges. I don't know why, but I loooove it. I sniff at them whenever I buy new ones. After you use them once though, I kinda get creeped out by germs and never smell them, but I imagine they don't smell as good.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
#38 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 10:23 PM
Vanilla.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 11:23 PM
My favourite smells
Melting chocolate
vanilla
wood shavings
lynx attract for her spray
petrol
spring
McDonalds
Fish and chip shops
The bakery in the morning

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Inventor
#40 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 11:25 PM
Walkers prawn cocktail crisps. The smell better than they taste, and they taste spectacular.
Instructor
#41 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
My favourite smells
McDonalds

It's kind of funny because just-made McDonald's food smells yummy, but when someone actually smells like McDonalds it's disgusting :P

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 7:39 AM
Cinnamon sugar <3 I use this on top of my double chocolate and nutella muffins ...

*has a nose-gasm*
Scholar
#43 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 10:03 PM
I love the smell of plain or salted popcorn, the fresh and warm stroopwafels that can be brought from the food cart thing in town, dentist's office, new books, UHU glue- that stuff is amazing. Now I think about it, that's probably a bad sign..oops.
Sweet strawberries, pineapples, plums, the aeroplane smell- like when you've been flying for some time and stuff smells/ tastes weird; McDonalds coffee, leather, and that mysterious clean smell (going to bed after a shower in clean pyjamas and sheets)
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 10:10 PM
I also love the new book smell and the smell of the popcorn at the cinema as you first enter

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 10:14 PM
There's a specific men's shaving cream I love the smell of. Kind of spicy. I'd buy it just to smell it, but, you know.

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
#46 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 7:39 AM
Today, my favorite smell is coconut. Because, well, I smelled coconut and many smells bring back strong memories.

The memory is of a girl who put coconut oil in her hair. We she gave me a hug, I inevitably found my nose in her hair, so I associate coconuts with warm friendly hugs and good feelings.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 9:11 PM
McDonalds's? Any fast foods place (and most restaurants) smell makes me gag. DENTIST'S OFFICE!!!??? Oh God, the terror!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
#48 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 1:22 AM
Printed paper.

I always smell the fragrant of paper that had just printed, whether it's a sheet of paper or books.
The smell is really awesome.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Scholar
#49 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 12:16 AM Last edited by tsyokawe : 30th Apr 2015 at 5:57 PM.
1. Fresh coffee grounds - I can still remember our mother announcing that she was opening a can of coffee, and we kids would all run to the kitchen.
We had to take turns on who would get to shove his/her nose right up next to the can while mom pierced it with the can opener.

2. Bacon, frying.
3. Brownies, baking.
4. Linens and diapers fresh off the clothesline.
5. Cinnamon rolls, baking.
6. Pipe Tobacco, (the occasional waft of).
7. Dirt, right after a good rain.
8. Lilacs...in fact, Missoula when the lilacs are in bloom. They're everywhere here, and the scent seems to float...
9. Mimeographed paper...(the ink, actually). And god, but that must age date me.
eta 30April2015: Actually, I just googled this...it's the Ditto Machine papers that I used to love the smell of. (in case anyone actually cares )
10. My late husband, when he was fresh outta the shower. He used Irish Spring, and it smelled soooo good on him..

ETA: OMG. Having read others' replies. YES, the smell of rising yeast, and baking bread, freshly bathed babies (especially those who are nursed, rather than bottle-fed), and old books. I sooo agree!

And campfires...though the smell of the (now rancid) smoke isn't so cool a few days later when you're unpacking all your sleeping bags at home...
Inventor
#50 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 1:10 AM
I forgot one. Johnsons baby soap. used to love the smell, before they changed it. also Dettol.

Page 2 of 3