Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by unbroken
Oh and I should mention that not only is it extremely functional...but its also alot easier on the framerate and game performance.

Look good to me, its also large, I Would probably put the sleeping rooms on the second etage. with stairs from the small hall.
is it no problems with multiple bathtubes in a room like toilets?
It might be an idea to go back to the large bathrooms at least in the center of the house.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 7:37 PM
I'd wait and look at the 4 bedroom version I uploaded Magnemoe...I took a bit more time and worked out bathroom models that are completely pathing and occupancy friendly.

It does sprawl a bit, but its an economic sprawl and the walk times are comparably less problematic than using a second story for bedrooms. It takes up more lot space, but then again...what else are you going to do with the space? Placing a bunch of greenery just makes the property prone to immense amounts of weeds and upkeep problems.

Field Researcher
#28 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 8:17 PM
Where is the 4 bedroom version ?
And I understand about having it all on one plane, it is also easier to find sims. For me it's mostly esthetic, two story hoses are most usual. I se other also place the house close to the road, the front lawn is useless.
No you don’t have much use for a large lot, only ting I use it to get the love cabin far away.
But now I start needing farmland for my money trees Wondering if I shall seduce the gardener and have her move inn, she shows great interest in them

Fun story about hobby rooms; I tried to seduce a lady in a hobby room with a piano. Sent my sim up and shouted for her. Then she came up he was playing the piano with a creativity=1, it sound terrible and the girl run out. Got him to call again, and then she came back he was back at the piano.
Test Subject
#29 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 8:24 PM
Unbroken what is the name of the house you uploaded so we know which one to download? When do you anticipate it will appear? Any chance you could email the file, if so send to [email protected]. By the way is it furnished or unfurnished? Thanks either way!
[ Edited Fri Oct 22 2004, 12:26PM ]
Test Subject
#30 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 8:25 PM
The 4 bedroom version will be availible in the downloads section when its approved by the site administrator.

Heres an overhead screenshot showing the floorplan.

SIMmetry 4BD-6BA
[ Edited Fri Oct 22 2004, 12:27PM ]
Test Subject
#31 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 8:25 PM
It's called SIMmetry 4BD-6BA by Unbroken

Its partially furnished, leaving the bedrooms and family rooms open to be furnished by you since its generally better that way.
[ Edited Fri Oct 22 2004, 12:27PM ]
Test Subject
#32 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 8:26 PM
Um wheres the screenshot boss?
Test Subject
#33 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 8:29 PM
Sorry its there now. I muffed the link originally.
Test Subject
#34 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 8:29 PM
WOW! Looks very nice, any chance of emailing it to me at [email protected]?
Test Subject
#35 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 8:31 PM
Can your email handle files above 1 megabyte? Its a 1.22 megabyte zip file.
Test Subject
#36 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 8:32 PM
sure it shoudl fit OK. As long as its not over 3 meg.
Test Subject
#37 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 8:51 PM
Thanks unbroken!
Test Subject
#38 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 9:01 PM

Hi all.. I've been working on houses with free flow movement for the sims... and (most probably) like everyone else, I started with making huge multifloor houses... Well that didn't work very well for reason noted above - tracking sims down. *shrug*

But I've figured out (for me anyways) the simplest plan is a simple 2 story... the 1st floor is large to accomodate all the stuff that's needed - this works for 4-8 sims;
A large kitchen with 2 of every major appliance and 1 each of the small ones - and at least 3 open counters. I usually make the kitchen large enough to have 2 of the long tables end to end - this seats 10 which is more than enough even at parties.
3 bathrooms - bare min size (3x4) - generally by the kitchen.
2 stairways side by side
I always use double doors for going in/out of the house itself
I seperate the all the rooms with double archways instead of doors (excepting the bathrooms) - This alone helps tremendously with pathing!
I have a huge living room (2 couches, 2 wall TV's, 1 Stereo, 4 desks (Computer & homework stations) anda few odds and ends of decoration.

The 2nd floor is only bedrooms... and only the bare minimum of;
1 bed (big double)
1 dresser
1 table
1 alarm clock
Smallest size possible and I don't populate it with - keeps the enviornment down so they don't dawdle in there.

Of course the dresser is optional, which saves on room

I added an extra door in the bedrooms upstairs and put the 'love tub' on the deck... This seems to keep my sims from getting pissy when they woo-hoo with multiple partners.. ymmv...

If there's interest in yet another house, I'll make a plain jane one and a furnished one and upload them.

They're not 20k houses though... the current one is about 150k.. not sure unfurnished what it'd be though, didn't think to look.

Side note - Thanks for the site Buggi. I didn't like sims 1, but I'm liking sims 2 and I'm glad there's a central place to go to like this.
Test Subject
#39 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 9:02 PM
Sure...enjoy it...so far its cleaned up gameflow immensely for me.

My next objective is to achieve something just as gameplay efficient...with some architectural creativity in it.
Test Subject
#40 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 9:14 PM
Mynex by all means please post your house, i would love to take a look at it, and its always nice to be able to woohoo without getting beat up.
The Admin Formally Known As Aobh
#41 Old 22nd Oct 2004 at 9:17 PM
Hey guys,

Just to let you know I created a fancy / small house a good few weeks ago. It's called Uaemon house [I think] and might just fit what you're looking for.

Ah well, take a gander if you like.

"Good heavens! It appears my wee wee has been striken with rigor mortis!"
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#42 Old 23rd Oct 2004 at 2:30 AM
I have actually taken a bit of a shine to downloading interesting looking houses, then practically gutting them and making them functional on the inside. I feel like some sort of S2 Redeveloper - bout time I got a job

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
#43 Old 23rd Oct 2004 at 8:23 AM
Loverat: same. I took apart the 71 Middle Lane that was originally in Pleasantview, expanded the second floor by one square all round, and it now makes a very practical 5-person house. 7-person if you convert the basement into a couple of bedrooms (actually it could probably go to 8, but you'd have to be nuts to be controlling that many sims)

Mynex, do you use showers or baths in your bathrooms?
Test Subject
#44 Old 23rd Oct 2004 at 10:11 AM
I completely agree with the original poster here.

Most players that Upload their TS2 houses (especially in the Maxis website) have never bothered to playtest them. The houses look fabulous and neat.... but 99% of the time, they are dysfunctional.

Players forget that TS2 is essentially a game about time management and efficiency. If you have an in-efficient home, then you are doing lots to cripple the lives of your sims.

Here is an example: HUGE home.... your teenager sim takes nearly 30 sim minutes to walk from his bedroom all the way to the front of the house just to catch the School Bus. A perfect example of a home that is completely dysfunctional and in-efficient.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 23rd Oct 2004 at 11:32 AM
i think the house my girlfriend build is not going to be placed for download or so.. why i don't know.. but oh well.. back to the drawingboard i guess..
Test Subject
#46 Old 23rd Oct 2004 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by freeham82
Mynex, do you use showers or baths in your bathrooms?

Well, I use the money cheat (a LOT :p) so I use the super duper, fancy, most expensive shower/bath combo...

I usually control my sims to shower, but when they decide they want to relax they all seem to take bubble baths. *shrug*

But building for 'cheap' I'd go with a shower only and shrink the room size into a 2x2 room.
Test Subject
#47 Old 27th Oct 2004 at 6:12 AM
well I'm sorry my houses will be on hold for a while longer.
My pc kinda whent on the fritz. so now im on my old one which only has a 533 proc with 64 megs of ram. so soon as i can fix my other one ill finish them. There is 14 total. each has 1 - 3 bedrooms 1 bath and a full basement.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 27th Oct 2004 at 6:19 AM
Most of the houses I make are not intended to be played with in the game.... I make them extravagently... and yet people still beg to be able to download them anyway... i guess there are some who just like to spoil their sims

personally i prefer the smaller ones... easier for my comp to handle
[ Edited Tue Oct 26 2004, 11:50PM ]
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 27th Oct 2004 at 8:34 PM
I've been playing around with building some homes myself. I've gotten very frustrated with not being able to get the look and feel that I want. During my endeavors I found a wonderful site that I think will help in some design aspects, I know that it has given my imagination plenty of fuel: www.houseplanguys.com
What is nice about this site is that you can search for house plans, with actual floor plans that can be easily adapted to sims play. The floorplans usually include the placement of furniture, so it makes it easy to find a house to suit your needs, plus the renderings of the homes give plenty of lanscape ideas!

I'm a person who believes in sharing good information, so here it is. Let me know what you think.

Peace!

C.A.R.E
Consider, Appreciate, Respect, Everyone (everything)
"The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."- John Kenneth Galbraith
"There is only on thing more painful than learning from experience and that is not learning from experience."- Archibald McLeish
Test Subject
#50 Old 28th Oct 2004 at 8:12 PM
I have what I think is a pretty decent house on thesims2.com. It's under Mikethealtarboy. 1br, 1ba, and can be purchased and furnished for S20,000.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Page 2 of 3