Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 1:44 PM
I have a custom TV working. Everything is perfect.. x)

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 9:24 PM
OMG!!! This is awesome, but I have been trying to get this done and I keep getting the stupid Codec Error!!! And I cannot proceed thanks to it. What Am I doing WRONG???!!!
Scholar
#28 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 1:41 PM
Here's a second video.. "Lego Movie" in The Sims 4...

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Test Subject
#29 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 5:57 PM
Thanks for this I changed all the channels to shit I watch lol works perfect
Test Subject
#30 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 9:41 PM
Thanks for the tutorial, Simser der Deutschen. I had a constant crashing to desktop after the video played. But after much testing I found the 256X144 video setting did not work at all for me so I double it up to 512x288. And it was enough to fix everything for me as well as make the video quality better. That was the only thing I changed. Everything else is fine in the tutorial. I tested everything in the game and let it run for over 24 sim hours which gave it more than enough time for the video to replay back to back. Then I place another video on the same channel still no problems. Look like everything is a success.
Here is a link to one of the videos from my channel. Feel free to look at the others
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YL4LzAfscU
Scholar
#31 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Virtue7
Thanks for the tutorial, Simser der Deutschen. I had a constant crashing to desktop after the video played. But after much testing I found the 256X144 video setting did not work at all for me so I double it up to 512x288. And it was enough to fix everything for me as well as make the video quality better. That was the only thing I changed. Everything else is fine in the tutorial. I tested everything in the game and let it run for over 24 sim hours which gave it more than enough time for the video to replay back to back. Then I place another video on the same channel still no problems. Look like everything is a success.
Here is a link to one of the videos from my channel. Feel free to look at the others

So 512x288 is recommended. Thank you so much

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Test Subject
#32 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RomerJon17
So 512x288 is recommended. Thank you so much

You are very welcome. As a little side note, the .package file did not seem to increase in size very much, or at times, not at all when I made the switch to 512x288 which I was glad about. Btw, you have some great in game videos
Test Subject
#33 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 3:02 AM
anybody know where to find the avi for the get together arcade machine?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 11:28 AM
Hey Virtue7

first of all. I feel so sorry but because of my job and my study I've no time for creating a all-in-one tool which simply converts MP4 video files into a package-file (maybe in the next year ). But it's awesome that you tried it again and again until it works for you.
Very thanks for the recommended resolution of 512x288. I had simply choosen the 256x144 resolution because of my weak machine - with a higher resolution I got not more than 12 or 15 frames per second. So it's great to hear, that it's possible to have a higher resolution.

Test Subject
#35 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simser der Deutschen
Hey Virtue7

first of all. I feel so sorry but because of my job and my study I've no time for creating a all-in-one tool which simply converts MP4 video files into a package-file (maybe in the next year ). But it's awesome that you tried it again and again until it works for you.
Very thanks for the recommended resolution of 512x288. I had simply choosen the 256x144 resolution because of my weak machine - with a higher resolution I got not more than 12 or 15 frames per second. So it's great to hear, that it's possible to have a higher resolution.

Thank you for your kind words.. I am also limited I time because of RL stuff. I am using a 5 year old computer so not very powerful as well. I have not had the chance to make custom creations in all of the channels yet so I don't know what effect that will have in the game. That all-in-one tool sounds like a great Idea. I sure that will require much time and testing.
Test Subject
#36 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 10:35 PM
I did some more tests to see how long of a video that I can make for the game and I can confirm that anything around the three minute mark or over seems to crash my game. So I keep some videos a bit over two minutes and everything ran with no problems.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 10:26 PM
Brilliant tutorial. DIdn't realise you could make new channels and add your own clips until I found this thread. Thanks for sharing!

I did some more tests to see how long of a video that I can make for the game and I can confirm that anything around the three minute mark or over seems to crash my game. So I keep some videos a bit over two minutes and everything ran with no problems.

Glad I read this. You have saved my planned XXXSims channel from crashing my game on its premier night. :p

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 29th May 2016 at 5:19 PM Last edited by Drakah : 29th May 2016 at 7:06 PM.
I downloaded and installed the VLC Player (version 2.2.3), video plays fine but I cannot hear the audio and an error message pops up:
Unidentified codec:
VLC could not identify the audio or video codec

I downloaded and installed Media Player Classic Home Cinema (https://mpc-hc.org/) and the video and audio plays fine, just thought I would share, seems to be more "universal".

Regards,

Drakah
shakahr.com
Test Subject
#39 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 11:34 PM Last edited by Danpat85 : 12th Jun 2016 at 11:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simser der Deutschen
Hey Virtue7

You could use much higher resolution, if ur graphics is good enough. same with textures. only important is to keep the aspect ratio. like 4096x2304 ..it´s allways double .Sims 4 could look really good. but there go for the most possible sales. dident work in this case
Test Subject
#40 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 3:28 AM Last edited by brittpinkie : 11th Nov 2016 at 12:04 AM.
Does anyone know if we could modify this to add custom games/clips onto the computer?
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 6th Aug 2016 at 8:59 AM
I'm stuck on part one of the tutorial. Even though I've downloaded the ffdshow, I still get an error. Can someone help me?

What is a beginner to do? My Website My TOT My Forum My website
Scholar
#42 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 6:01 AM Last edited by Citysim : 7th Aug 2016 at 8:21 AM.
I got my custom video in TS4 working, one of my favourite TS2 Videos into the TS4 TV, but minus the Audio, which I was having strange issues with,

So instead of giving up in frustration, I thought - why don't I just forget the audio and concentrate on the video only, just keep no audio checked in Virtualdub at all times, and you can skip the sections of the audio converting which then gives you a much shorter tutorial.

Audio would of been nice, but sometimes a muted channel is a good thing, Sims don't mind, so why should I.

I will go back and study how the audio works someday, but for now, i'm very happy, so suggestions whoever is struggled my advice is.

Learn first how to get video in before messing with the audio.

Edit: I now got the audio in and working, but still I recommend my above suggestion first.

Edit again: Must still have issue with Audio, the movie plays for about 3 seconds, then the TV Freezes to a static image, but it isn't crashing my game, so that's one thing.

Edit 3rd time: Now everything great, had the audio bitrate incorrect, endless possibilites now, I recommend keep practicing.
Scholar
#43 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 10:23 AM
hmm, looks like the AVI's in ClientFullBuild1.package is not just limited to the television, you can customise the Computer, iPad, and even the Sims 4 video that plays up on bootup.

Here's a few interesting ones I've come across

S4_376840D7_00000000_799AE80054CEE156%%+_AVI.avi - EA then Maxis Logo
S4_376840D7_00000000_E096C99F0C5579AB%%+_AVI.avi - The Sims 4 English Title screen
S4_376840D7_00000000_D383DF69CB0B260D%%+_AVI.avi - The iPad soccer game
S4_376840D7_00000000_A1C1A40D6D0921B4%%+_AVI.avi - The iPad medieval game
S4_376840D7_00000000_54882505E0C4CF78%%+_AVI.avi - iPad Blik Blok game
S4_376840D7_00000000_8F5640B725DAD241%%+_AVI.avi - The Kids Channel
S4_376840D7_00000000_73E4F8ABB4A70DFA%%+_AVI.avi - Kids Channel Again
S4_376840D7_00000000_83AA458A9FF99646%%+_AVI.avi - The Sports Channel
S4_376840D7_00000000_0C9EC373720C2174%%+_AVI.avi - TV Static?
S4_376840D7_00000000_0ADBFBAA0FD05083%%+_AVI.avi - BSOD?

Rest I can't reckonise yet, a already made list would be great.

Also read reports of game crashes when video reaches the end, I haven't been able to test this yet, as my sim's keep switching off the TV or changing the channel when I'm trying to test things, and so far my video's are apr 2:30 minutes long. (I heard 3 mins causes problems) but who knows...
Scholar
#44 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 4:55 AM
It's gets much easier the more you do it, I no longer needed to refer back to the tutorial.

Just a few of my shortcut tips.

1. I prefer Any Video Converter as an alternative to FreeStudio to resize video, and convert a clip to 15fps.
http://filehippo.com/download_any_video_converter/ it's completely free, just a few nagging pop-ups.

2. Another useful tool you could use before Any Video Converter, is Avidemux, this tool can trim any video to reasonable length without quality loss. (This is optional.)
https://sourceforge.net/projects/avisynth2/

3. Always use 512x288 size for any television channel, it plays much better. (256x144 does work but it's horrible quality.)

4. Install the full package of K-Lite Codec Pack
http://filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/
(This comes with FFDShow but with also a very helpful tool MediaInfo so you can right-click on any Video/Audio to double-check that everything is going to plan.)

5. If you have problem opening a video in Virtualdub (after a convert, etc), click on Open Video file again but then go down where is says Files of type: and select FFMPeg Supported Files, then select your AVI file, you will find out this way it will open almost anything.

8. Keep a single folder for your video work, I made one called VideoConvertingFolder with sx.exe, GUI.exe, and VP6Converter008.exe where everything is close by.

7. After your finished video, you will find out MediaInfo no longer recognises it. (This is a good thing, you know you are on the right track!)

8. Rename your new .VP6 file to whatever channel you want to replace (eg. S4_376840D7_00000000_73E4F8ABB4A70DFA%%+_AVI.avi for kids channel), open a package or create a new package for your MODS Folder and import the AVI inside with S4PE.

9. Keep experimenting, the more you do it, the less time it takes, and you will remember it all in the back of your head (I can replace any channel within minutes now and still improving.)
Test Subject
#45 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 10:57 PM
Hi. Very new to modding.. just wondering all of this was done with a Windows computer?
Test Subject
#46 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 11:02 PM
Amazing!!! Thanks so much! I am no modder and I did it first try. The only anomaly was in the Select Audio Compression step. I selected the MP Layer 3 and the right pane was clear. I dug around and when i saw exactly what that codec was i shrugged and moved to the next step. It all worked fine in the end. Thanks also to Citysim for her hints and tips. Very useful. FWIT my os is Win 10
Test Subject
#47 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 9:01 AM
Ello, I am receiving this error:

“Couldn’t locate decompressor for format `XVID` (unknown)
VirtualDub requires a videro for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable."

Thank you for reading.
Test Subject
#48 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 5:33 PM
"Click on "Video", "Compression...", select "VP60 Simple Profile" and click "OK"."

This option doesn't show up on virtual dub for me. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Test Subject
#49 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marcelo101
"Click on "Video", "Compression...", select "VP60 Simple Profile" and click "OK"."

This option doesn't show up on virtual dub for me. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm having the exact same problem. It seems that no matter what I do, the VP6 codec isn't recognized :/
Test Subject
#50 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 5:50 AM Last edited by marcelo101 : 14th Nov 2016 at 7:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gaargoyle
I'm having the exact same problem. It seems that no matter what I do, the VP6 codec isn't recognized :/
I solved this problem by downloading an older version of Virtual Dub and now I'm able to add custom tv videos :D

But does anyone know if this guide works with computer videos? If yes which .DATA i have to change?

EDIT: Also how can i change the Movies Hangout SP channels? I can't find the right DATA.
Page 2 of 5