Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#51 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zenomia
Can we add foundation? I want to make a gazebo like structure in the garden. Is this ok?

I would say yes, but since I already said that changes can't be made to the foundation, I don't think it would be fair to other contestants to change that rule now. Unfortunately, no.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
I would say yes, but since I already said that changes can't be made to the foundation, I don't think it would be fair to other contestants to change that rule now. Unfortunately, no.

OK I think I might just do it anyway. I like it in my garden and it will only be one point docked so I reckon it's worth it! XD
Test Subject
#53 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 6:15 PM
Can I ask what the download file does? I've d/loaded and installed, but I also can't seem to see any difference in my game like a copy of the lot to use in my library, or a family to give me information on their tastes? I've decorated a lot for the Smith family, but I want to make sure I've got it all right before I put up my entry!
And also - is it ok to get other people's opinions from other websites (like Ts3 Creator's Consortium) on my attempt before I post it up? Obviously not if they're judging, but just other simmers? (just wanted to check before I post piccies up there!) And it would be just getting their opinions, and either acting on it or not, by myself.
Scholar
#54 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 6:21 PM
Let me know if you still need judges. I've hosted contests and judged before, mostly in Sims2. I just saw this on my way out to work, I'll update with specific links later tonight when I get home.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#55 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 6:31 PM
That really is some fantastic fencery, cutsocks Very nic.
Scholar
Original Poster
#56 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mamathulu
Can I ask what the download file does? I've d/loaded and installed, but I also can't seem to see any difference in my game like a copy of the lot to use in my library, or a family to give me information on their tastes? I've decorated a lot for the Smith family, but I want to make sure I've got it all right before I put up my entry!
And also - is it ok to get other people's opinions from other websites (like Ts3 Creator's Consortium) on my attempt before I post it up? Obviously not if they're judging, but just other simmers? (just wanted to check before I post piccies up there!) And it would be just getting their opinions, and either acting on it or not, by myself.

*The Round 1 file is the "El Urban Sprawl" lot for those that don't have a Sunset Valley save on hand.

*Of course you can ask for opinions from others, as long as you're the one making all of the changes.

Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
Let me know if you still need judges. I've hosted contests and judged before, mostly in Sims2. I just saw this on my way out to work, I'll update with specific links later tonight when I get home.

Of, course you can be a judge! I know you're experienced with contests, so no need to worry. I just added you to the table.

Edit: I just added myself as the emergency judge in the table, but it's still up for anybody else that might want it.

Test Subject
#57 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 7:52 PM
Hello! I am interested in joining but I have a problem. First, do I register first or build first because I'm fine with either. I do have a problem with the file though. When I downloaded the file and put it into my library, it doesn't seem to show up on my game. I've tried finding solutions online but nothing works. Any way to make it work?
Test Subject
#58 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 7:58 PM
That's great - thanks for clearing that up! I'll shut up and get on with it now! : )
Scholar
Original Poster
#59 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shalin235
Hello! I am interested in joining but I have a problem. First, do I register first or build first because I'm fine with either. I do have a problem with the file though. When I downloaded the file and put it into my library, it doesn't seem to show up on my game. I've tried finding solutions online but nothing works. Any way to make it work?

* When you've finished and posted your pictures here, I will "register" you by adding your application to the table in the first post.

* Others have had problems with this too, and I'm not sure why. While I investigate, would it be possible to create a new Sunset Valley save and use the "El Urban Sprawl" lot there?

Test Subject
#60 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 8:33 PM Last edited by Adventure4U1 : 21st Jun 2014 at 8:44 PM.
Great. I really want to do this chllange but I won't be able to commit the whole time.
Ugh. That is SO ANNOYING!
Scholar
Original Poster
#61 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Adventure4U1
I'm interested in this challenge, but I might not be able to complete all of the rounds since I'm going to be away from my Sims 3 Computer for most of July. When will the second round be over?

Following the timeline, the entire second and third round will take place in July, leaving the fourth and final round for the beginning of August. The entire contest should completed by my mid-August if everything goes according to plan. If you know that you will most likely not be able to compete in all four rounds, I would like to remind you to be considerate of other contestants as there is a limited amount of room and it's simply not fair to those that are willing to commit to the entirety of the contest.

That being said, we would love to have you as a (non-scored) play along.

Test Subject
#62 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 8:46 PM
I edited my previous post, so people are probably going to end up confused.

This contest is Interesting though.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 9:01 PM
I think that the reason the lot won't show up in our games is because it's a .package instead of a .sims3pack
I installed it like I should a .package because it isn't a sims3pack so I can't double-click to install it. I went into my game and it wasn't showing up.
This seems interesting! I've been waiting ages for a contest to open and I think this is the one I've been waiting for (even though Sims 3 isn't my preferred game)!

I don't think there is a fix other than to get a new file from Blake. I suppose your best option is to just use the lot in SV. (Make it a separate save and it shouldn't affect your current towns?)
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 9:18 PM
Ok so this going to make me sound like a right noob but how do I take a screenshot of the lot stats?
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clairebear2003
I think that the reason the lot won't show up in our games is because it's a .package instead of a .sims3pack
I installed it like I should a .package because it isn't a sims3pack so I can't double-click to install it. I went into my game and it wasn't showing up.
This seems interesting! I've been waiting ages for a contest to open and I think this is the one I've been waiting for (even though Sims 3 isn't my preferred game)!

I don't think there is a fix other than to get a new file from Blake. I suppose your best option is to just use the lot in SV. (Make it a separate save and it shouldn't affect your current towns?)

Are you putting the package file in your mods/packages folder? Because it needs to go into your library folder. I made that mistake the first time!
Instructor
#66 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 9:29 PM
Ok so this going to make me sound like a right noob but how do I take a screenshot of the lot stats?

I had to set the game into windowed mode (changing the resolution so it was readable as well), hitting Print Screen, and then pasting that into an image program.
Scholar
Original Poster
#67 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 9:30 PM

Print screen will be your friend Hit print screen while you have The Sims 3 open and the ctrl+v in Microsoft Paint. Then select only the box where it displays the Furnished/Unfurnished and and copy that with ctrl+c and paste it on top of one of your other pictures with ctrl+v.

Edit: Ninja's by cutsocks, lol

Lab Assistant
#68 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 9:35 PM
Ok so when I print screen, all I get is a black square :/ Also, I have no idea how to put the game into windowed mode! XD
Alchemist
#69 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 9:41 PM
Ok so when I print screen, all I get is a black square :/ Also, I have no idea how to put the game into windowed mode! XD

Either in the game settings or the faster way: Open the cheat bar (cntl+shift+c) and just enter "fullscreen" without the quotation marks.

Also, @BlakeS5678 There's a 50/50 chance that I'll get approved for my Internship. If that's the case, I'm busy all of July, and wouldn't be able to judge :\

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#70 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 9:47 PM
Are you putting the package file in your mods/packages folder? Because it needs to go into your library folder. I made that mistake the first time!

Okay, I guess I'm just stupid. That makes sense, thank you! (I'm using the lot in SV but oh well, thank you! Now I know!)
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clairebear2003
Okay, I guess I'm just stupid. That makes sense, thank you! (I'm using the lot in SV but oh well, thank you! Now I know!)

An easy mistake to make! You're welcome!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Either in the game settings or the faster way: Open the cheat bar (cntl+shift+c) and just enter "fullscreen" without the quotation marks.

Thank you!
Test Subject
#73 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
* When you've finished and posted your pictures here, I will "register" you by adding your application to the table in the first post.

* Others have had problems with this too, and I'm not sure why. While I investigate, would it be possible to create a new Sunset Valley save and use the "El Urban Sprawl" lot there?

I made a new save but it does not seem to work either. I tried other towns too.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 10:05 PM
Default Round 1 Entry- The Smith Family
El Urban Sprawl was the perfect place to John and Jenny Smith to start their new lives together. Once it had been redecorated of course!

Ok so I really enjoyed doing this and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I think it would be the perfect home for young newlyweds on the verge of starting a family and I really like the colour schemes, especially the bedroom! I am also re4ally proud of the garden because i never usually pay much attention to the outdoor space so this is a real achievment for me!

I hope you like it and I look forward to seeing everyone elses! [/spoiler]
Scholar
Original Poster
#75 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 10:31 PM
@zenomia Okay, I just added you to the table

Page 3 of 20