Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#26 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 6:35 AM
How did it go? Does it work with a driver update?
Advertisement
Theorist
Original Poster
#27 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 7:09 PM
Sorry for the late reply! I've completely forgotten about this.

I'm downloading the leshcatlabs drivers right now, the full set of revision 1.2. Hopefully there will be little to no issues, fingers crossed.

So far, I've been playing on an Intel card... there were no issues at all; no blurriness, no glitchiness. Including fullscreen.

It's kinda hard to think that my computer is likely to be worn down much faster by playing TS2 on Intel's card. Especially because there are obvious glitches in fullscreen with AMD's card, and not Intel's. Hopefully by having newer drivers I'll get to see why all the people yell that Intel's such a bad piece of ... equipment ... for playing.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#28 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 8:40 PM
Well, just bear in mind that the Intel "card" isn't a card, it's part of the CPU. Playing TS2 or TS3 on it will wear it out quicker, due to basic electrical theory, and once it's worn out you'll need a new CPU. It's your money to risk, of course.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
Original Poster
#29 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 11:01 AM Last edited by DJ. : 8th Jan 2014 at 8:45 PM.
It's part of the CPU? For all this time I thought it was a chip on the motherboard. Good to know, though.

I'm about to install the drivers now (my Internet simply decided that it'd be really stupid of me to download a 300MB file yesterday).

ETA: A little update on my progress. Currently waiting for people to respond to my question on leshcatlabs forums... (Am unsure which modern driver to select from the base drivers list.)
Theorist
Original Poster
#30 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 10:32 PM Last edited by DJ. : 8th Jan 2014 at 10:58 PM.
A problem aroused, I hope I'm allowed to double post.

Background, I managed to select the correct drivers using the leshcatlabs installer. Basically, what I got is Intel and AMD drivers install packages in D:\Programs and Apps\AMD\Catalyst 13.12 [etc]. Alright, great. I read the instructions that were exported along with the drivers, and it said I should install Intel first, then reboot, then install AMD, then again reboot and I'm good to go.

I ran Intel's setup. Everything went great. During the installation process I got asked whether I want to install the new drivers for Intel Display ... ... something like that. Basically, a dialog box asking you "Install," "Don't Install" and "Always Trust [publisher]". I chose to install.

No other dialog boxes popped up. Installation process lasted for around 10 minutes, and then crashed with a message, "The program couldn't install one or more controlling programs of the device. The installation process will now terminate."

(Now, I have my system language set to Croatian, and I'm not that skilled in translating those techy terms. The 'controlling programs' could mean lots of things, such as drivers or something like CCC... I don't know.)

Basically, now I'm stuck with AMD. I tried opening the CCC to switch back to Intel or something, but the CCC window is just blank white, not responding. I'll use system restore (ha! which I remembered to create) and hopefully do better next time.

So... what should I do? Also, this is the thread I've talked about in my previous post. There's this snarky little thing that caught my eye - the 9.xxx drivers say they support DEV_0126, but the 10.xxx drivers say they support Gen3 model drivers... and my card is both DEV_0126 and Gen3. What. Do. I. Do.

ETA: oh shit oh shit oh shit I can't do the system restore.

"System Restore failed, no files were modified. Probably because of an antivirus. Disable antivirus and try again. During System Restore an unknown error occured, 0x80070005. You can try again with another restore point or try a more advanced method of system restoring. How to use more advanced technology, coming up next, on FOX."

Bcg, I opened sys restore and selected a restore point and launched sys restore. After my Windows booted and after I entered my password, my screen went black with only UniFL install helper running. It immediately encountered an error, "Can't find D:\Programs." After I clicked OK, my desktop appeared with this sys restore error message.

I'm scared.

ETA2: Calmed down. I tried opening CCC to switch cards - and it worked! So, I've got working graphics, and installation files in my D:\Programs and Apps\AMD\ ...". Still confused what to do next; leave it, poke it, restart it, delete it, what.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#31 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 3:36 PM
I'm also confused.
What's the issue now?
- did the driver install went OK? can watch movie, play games?
- did the original issue of the title of this thread disappear after this driver update?
Theorist
Original Poster
#32 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 7:55 PM
I was reading a random article about monitors, LCDs and graphics cards. There, it said that setting an LCD monitor on a resolution lower than its native one will cause all objects to become fuzzy. This is pretty much what I'm experiencing right here.

Could it be that this graphics card holds potential for resolutions higher than 1366x768 (my monitor's native resolution)? If it does, would it make a difference if I plugged my flat-screen TV to my computer through HDMI, so that I could see if it makes a difference (my TV is full-hd)? I'm asking because I don't currently have any HDMI cables, and I don't really want to buy a cable I'll rarely use if it doesn't do any help here.

Page 2 of 2