Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#26 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 3:26 PM
Yeah actually now I come to think of it I am sure the routing can't affect the selectability of the stations, would only maybe make the train not show up, if that.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 7:46 PM
Small update of no importance.

I've tried various alterations on making a location train accessible only.

I've tried non-routable paint in the hope that the only way a sim could get to a section is by using the train: route fail.
I've tried using the new CAW Concrete Walls to isolate an area preventing sims from walking to the location, also get a route fail.
Basically if you want a sim to get to a location using the train, that location must also be accessible by a sim by walking (sigh).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PWN9483
Small update of no importance.

I've tried various alterations on making a location train accessible only.

I've tried non-routable paint in the hope that the only way a sim could get to a section is by using the train: route fail.
I've tried using the new CAW Concrete Walls to isolate an area preventing sims from walking to the location, also get a route fail.
Basically if you want a sim to get to a location using the train, that location must also be accessible by a sim by walking (sigh).

Very interesting and useful note, unfortunately I still can't make the Zephyr work on my custom world... *sigh*

THANKS!

You can't believe anything I say... specially what I just said...
Test Subject
#29 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 10:06 PM
Fully functional Zephyr Hover Train :alarm:
Updating on this thread, since getting Into the Future I wanted this Zephyr train for my custom city. After few weeks of testing it finally works in my custom world that is flagged as a city.

The world itself, city of Railton Channels, isn't finished yet. It is my first world ever to build in CAW. It was fun to build and it took few weeks to get to this point. CAW was rather easy to get grip on.

As for ZEPHYR hover train: train stations aren't available in buy catalog therefore you need to copy all the stations from Oasis Landing to your library. Each station has it's own unique code that is used for identification, therefore you can use only stations provided in the Oasis Landing.

When editing .ini file for elevated train transport you take x,y,z position of train station first (You can do it by clicking at train station shell object on lot in CAW so it turns red) and put that as first position. That will be your leaving point. You can use elevated transport pillars to define the route you want the train to follow, however pillars have no importance in the route of the train so after defining the route of your train system and writing down track position you can delete the pillars if you don't find it fitting to your world. I deleted mine 'cause my city is a mix of all cities in expansion packs center has a massive skyline I wouldn't like to ruin. Therefore you can just simply remove them.

Be aware that the train route needs to create a circle. From Central Station back to Central Station so be careful where you gonna put them. Once you wrote all positions in the .ini file save it and then open your world in the S3PE and import the .ini file. Once you saved it open CAW and select the world and export.

Voila! Enjoy your cool train system in your custom world!
Test Subject
#30 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 8:54 AM
Just for those who still wonders:
1st three positions in INI file are STATION coordinates. ALL three of them. It is not coordinates of lot, or station building itself, just 3 points on the map located exactly on a rail (well, if the station stands in a right place), one by one.

So, in original INI points

[0_-1]
Position = (521.7461, 7.0, 1231.30859)
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_0]
Position = (526.7461, 7.0, 1236.30859)
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_1]
Position = (530.749, 7.0, 1240.3859)
RollAmount = 0.00

go for the Wasteland Station. Point

[0_2]
Position = (551.4551, 7.0, 1260.938)
RollAmount = -10.00

is for the first Elevated Transport Rail.

Point:

[0_3]
Position = (590.892944, 7.0, 1278.85938)
RollAmount = -20.00

is for the second rail and so on...

BUT the last 3 coordinates in the first path:

[0_11]
Position = (916.0, 7.0, 1157.0)
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_12]
Position = (921.0, 7.0, 1158.0)
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_13]
Position = (926.0, 7.0, 1157.9)
RollAmount = 0.00

go for the Neighborhood Station. And they are duplicated in the beginning of the next path. Compare:

[1_-1]
Position = (916.0, 7.0, 1157.0)
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_0]
Position = (921.0, 7.0, 1158.0)
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_1]
Position = (926.0, 7.0, 1157.9)
RollAmount = -5.00

Did not see that information in the thread, no wonder why it took for me some time to understand the system before I decided to open Oasis file and look how it goes!

Just in case, remind: the last 3 coordinates in the very end duplicate the first ones They are still needed for the Wasteland Station.
Test Subject
#31 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 5:19 PM
But still I don't understand, guys, how you managed to make it work?? I should be missing something. Maximum what I got in my monorail test is that when a sim want to visit a certain station he makes the full round, starting from the 1st stop and ending there, and spawns on the required station. Why so? Why he can't stop on the desired station?
If he starts from any other station than 1st, again, he teleports to the first one and makes the full round.

That testing map is pretty simple, just 4 stations and a *house* for test subjects:

The INI file looks like that:

Quote:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;; This file defines spline paths for elevated train travel
;;
;;
;; Each path is defined as a set of control points. Each point
;; has the following format:
;;
;; [I_T]
;; Position = (x, y, z)
;; RollAmount = (x, y, z)
;;
;; I is the integer index of the path.
;;
;; T is the time in seconds at which this point is hit - the first
;; point in the path should have a time of 0.
;; the RollAmount angles are a float format,
;; defined in degrees.
;;
;;
;; Also note that each path *must* contain at least 2 points.
;;
;; The game expects that each path connects to the next and that the final path
;; connects to the first, making a circular track in the world.
;; Stations for elevated train paths also will store an index and that index
;; must match the index of the path with it's starting point at that station,
;; with station 0 connecting the highest numbered path back to path 0.
;;
;; Example, 3 stations:
;; Station 0 - connects paths 0 and 2
;; Station 1 - connects paths 0 and 1
;; Station 2 - connects paths 1 and 2

;; Tunables
[tunables]
VelocityScalar = 0.75

;;First Path
;; zephyr 1 to zephyr 2
[0_-1]
Position = (164, 16.2536621, 233)
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_0]
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_1]
Position = (178.2, 16.2536621, 215)
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_2]
Position = (185.500015, 16.2536621, 165.5)
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_3]
Position = (210.5, 16.2536621, 145.499985)
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_4]
Position = (228, 16.2536621, 132)
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_5]
RollAmount = 0.00

;;Next path
;; zephyr 2 to zephyr 3
[1_-1]
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_0]
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_1]
Position = (279.5, 16.2536621, 147.5)
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_2]
Position = (300, 16.2536621, 176)
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_3]
Position = (307.5, 16.2536621, 222)
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_4]
Position = (282, 16.2536621, 233)
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_5]
RollAmount = 0.00

;;Next path
;; zephyr 3 to zephyr 4
[2_-1]
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_0]
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_1]
Position = (307.5, 16.2536621, 288)
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_2]
Position = (306, 16.2536621, 347)
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_3]
Position = (285, 16.2536621, 392.5)
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_4]
Position = (228, 16.2536621, 366)
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_5]
RollAmount = 0.00

;;Next path
;; zephyr 4 to zephyr 1
[3_-1]
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_0]
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_1]
Position = (207, 16.2536621, 393.5)
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_2]
Position = (179, 16.2536621, 347)
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_3]
Position = (178.2, 16.2536621, 296)
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_4]
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_5]
RollAmount = 0.00

What could possibly be wrong here? Roll amount is 0.00 everywhere since I have no idea how to tune it.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PWN9483
Here's what I found and it works! Yes it works, without designating your world a Future World that you travel to.
You can do this on any world you like, just add the .ini file with YOUR coordinates.

The .INI file in Oasis Landing contains the pathing to make your "rail" work
S3_1F886EAD_00000000_83E573E2653731B0%%+_INI (file attached to this post below)

From the file

The object to search for in CAW is called "Elevated Transport Rail", this is under the Environment section, you place these between stations.

In YOUR .ini file, enter positions X, Y, Z, from each elevated transport rail. Numbering order makes a difference in which direction the train will travel.

Until we can get the Station objects to show in CAW, just open sims3, save the station lot(s) to your bin library then place the lot while in CAW/EIG (Edit in Game).

Note: Placing the pre-made station lots, in CAW when you create the lot to place these on, leave them as Commercial Lot: Community, Lot Type: Community. When you're in CAW and open EIG (Edit in Game) if they are tagged as no visitors allowed or visitors allowed they won't accept placement of the station lot you copied from Oasis Landing.

Open CAW then open your .INI file and basically enter each coordinate from the station, to the next elevated transport rail, then the next, et.
For your station, use the LOT coordinates, you don't need to enter the coordinates of the building in the lot, just the lot itself.

Just replace the coordinates in the attached file with your coordinates, then use S3PE , open your world from S3PE, then import resource from file (the .INI with your coordinates) and save the world from S3PE. Then export your world from CAW. That's all you need to do to make your rail work, it's really that easy!

In my test, I crossed over roads and had no issue with the use of the train or the cars that drive on the road below. Have connected 5 stations and elevated transport rails between. Have
elevated transport rails at unequal distances such as one segment that crosses over water and that works.

Reading comments below, I too wait until just before export to use S3PE to import the various .INI files. My process is a bit more complicated, in brief, I clean the global layer, open CAW, then Edit in Game, add my custom Sims back in (makesim and NRaas porter), with testing cheats enabled type, "restartmotives" for the added sims, check that lot names are as intended, check that any custom debug settings on effects such as pigeons remain, then save, exit edit in game which drops it back into CAW, rebuild routing data, save, quit. Then use SP3E to import various .INI files and save. Then open CAW without opening the world and export it. I have yet to try the following with this build, still waiting on SuperCAW for this release but here's a post on using SuperCAW and having the .INI files save with the game.

Regarding station and the two nearest elevated transport rail alignment. If these aren't aligned, the train basically seems to skip past the station, still works, just looks weird.

Note: Routing data must be complete
If your .INI file in your exported world isn't complete, if a Sim attempts to use the train - for me - the game locks up, so make sure all your train station to elevated transport rail connection data is accurate.

When you're testing, I've found that setting the Velocity to around 0.75 helps, otherwise the default speed the train goes so fast it's hard to judge how well you positioned the elevated transport rails.

Note: Non-Routing effects rail
I did an experiment, created a station and house, enclosed it with non routable paint, created another station and market for the sim trapped in the non routable area to go. The sim wouldn't even enter the train station, it gave the tapping foot non route emote. I removed the non routable paint, retried and the sim went in the station and to the next to get to the market. I also had to do a pass through on my over all non routable paint areas, I found that leaving about a 15 paint brush size around the elevated transport rail pylons and their pathing seems to work fine.

> > > Modders a challenge for you < < < - Hoping to see a mod that enables and pushes townies to use the train.

Can I use custom stations, not the default Oasis Landing ZEPHYR stations?
Mad Poster
#33 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 7:18 PM
Bringing this post back from the dead as I'm thinking of ways of replacing the Zeyphr train and station meshes with ones that can be usable in more worlds (think of a bus, or tram, etc.):

- Is this confirmed to work? Is it simply that your path has to end at a specific station, as the INI does not reference objects, just the coordinates?

- Is the purpose of the station object just to provide a clickable entry point to enter the Zeyphr system? As such, does the station object specifically need to be on a lot? I'm asking this as I'm wondering if the station mesh could be modded into a more compact shelter or something that sits of the side of the road. I think if I can access the station objects in S3PE or TSRW, I might be able to change the catalogue tags so that they show up in CAW, or even just buy mode.

- Are the supports necessary? Or are they just useful to have as a reference?

- Is there any sort of ability to change the speed of the train?

- Do Sims use the Zeyphr system autonomously?
Mad Poster
#34 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 11:38 PM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 31st Mar 2019 at 11:58 PM.
If you can disable the tilting of the vehicle and have it closely follow a path laid out on the ground via road or track objects, you'd be halfway to creating a bus or train system. The other half would be slowing the vehicle down and remeshing it. So the ZEPHYR vehicle is a single body with no articulated parts, as is the case with all vehicles in TS3. Most vehicles do have wheels that steer into corners, however, and if that's tied into some sort of bone within the vehicle's mesh, it could potentially be remapped to create a two-part vehicle. This would allow for an articulated bus, a streetcar or a short train. Of course a regular bus or a trolley would be very fascinating as well.

Laputa777's code has "RollAmount" and "VelocityScalar" values, so I'd say that answers your speed question. RollAmount is probably what it sounds like, and I can tell you from experience that the supports are 100% decorative. You can even remove them in Edit Town.

So you're all set to create a new path and start testing. A bus would clearly be easier since it only requires a regular-style vehicle model and a path drawn directly over existing roads. But with decorative track and wire pieces, you'd have a functional streetcar and if that isn't the coolest goddamn shit ever done in a TS3 world, I don't know what is. I don't know how you are with meshing but as far as I know, Blender has modifiers to twist and turn any particular mesh. So you could model a straight piece of track and then subdivide it along its length, and then twist it to create a number of track pieces. If I knew how to export assets from Transport Fever I could easily hook you up with a variety of trams and buses, both modern and classic and American and European. I think they'd be a good match for TS3 in terms of model complexity and art style.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#35 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 3:59 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 1st Apr 2019 at 4:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
If you can disable the tilting of the vehicle and have it closely follow a path laid out on the ground via road or track objects, you'd be halfway to creating a bus or train system. The other half would be slowing the vehicle down and remeshing it. So the ZEPHYR vehicle is a single body with no articulated parts, as is the case with all vehicles in TS3. Most vehicles do have wheels that steer into corners, however, and if that's tied into some sort of bone within the vehicle's mesh, it could potentially be remapped to create a two-part vehicle. This would allow for an articulated bus, a streetcar or a short train. Of course a regular bus or a trolley would be very fascinating as well.

If I knew how to export assets from Transport Fever I could easily hook you up with a variety of trams and buses, both modern and classic and American and European. I think they'd be a good match for TS3 in terms of model complexity and art style.

I don't if it's possible to introduce bones into a default replacement model- I think it'll have to probably be a 'dumb' static model. As a result, I think that more or less limits us to short-n-stubby single-car vehicles that can still look good handling curves (i.e. railcars, streetcars, buses). Of course, there's still a lot of opportunity (aerial trams, watertaxis, monorails, airships, spaceships, alien sky squids), but long, multi-car vehicles are probably beyond reach.

I was actually considering Transport Fever, but I still think their models are just a little too lengthy and complex(a lot of them still have interiors) for TS3. Ideally for performance, detail should be somewhere above the complexity of Cities in Motion models, but below Transport Fever; I think Sid Meier's Railroads! was around the amount of detail I was comfortable with. I might also also check Cities Skylines or ask Criquette about using one of their models, but I'll cross that bridge when I reach it.

I did manage to find a wonderfully low-poly-yet-crisp Japanese railcar, so I'll probably try using that as a test. Other things will probably also have to happen, including default sound replacements and the removal of effects. On top of that, I don't really have any worlds in the pipeline that I can utilize as an integrated proof-of-concept- was considering a bus for Boroughsburg, but it's almost redundant anyways considering that sims can get anywhere they want with taxis.

Still would need to also experiment with out-of-lot stations, and a default replacement for the stations as well if I wanted things like buses or trams. I also have to install IP & ITF first, so maybe I'm getting ahead of myself lol- lots of bridges to cross, and this will probably not be an immediate thing to tackle.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 4:35 AM
I was going to send you the Transport Fever model of a Toronto "CLRV" streetcar, but yeah. I don't know how to. And the whole interior being visible thing isn't really worth the headache it introduces. I think you're overestimating Sid Meier's Railroads and Cities Skylines though; I feel like both games don't have much to offer in terms of high poly models. And the former, particularly, has a very cartoonish aesthetic that would totally clash with TS3. A model from Skylines might just about cut it, but it'll probably need a complete retexture.

Now I'm personally partial to things that run on tracks, not roads, but it's got to be appropriate for the world it's in. Out of your worlds I only see Reyes County and Boroughsburg having a route, and it'd realistically be a bus in both cases. As much as I like to think my Bridgeport 1988 is being forward-thinking in opening a streetcar network, there's no way I'd realistically be able to put that in my game (with Bridgeport being part Pittsburgh, part Cleveland, part Philadelphia, part god knows what). I've really got the mental image of that dorky-looking Toronto streetcar in my head now though, and I can see it quite happily chugging through some upbeat suburb somewhere in the northeastern United States. I'm a thinker, not a doer, but I'd suggest building a very small proof-of-concept world. And since you've got that Japanese railcar you might as well crack open a rural world with train tracks already in it, and see if you can make it work.

Or......
Hey @Nilxis, you wouldn't happen to be interested in this would you? I've seen entirely too many pretty pictures of your worlds and some of them, I imagine, would lend themselves quite well to being TS3's first ever world with a realistic public transport system.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#37 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 5:11 AM
I was going to send you the Transport Fever model of a Toronto "CLRV" streetcar, but yeah. I don't know how to. And the whole interior being visible thing isn't really worth the headache it introduces. I think you're overestimating Sid Meier's Railroads and Cities Skylines though; I feel like both games don't have much to offer in terms of high poly models. And the former, particularly, has a very cartoonish aesthetic that would totally clash with TS3. A model from Skylines might just about cut it, but it'll probably need a complete retexture.

Now I'm personally partial to things that run on tracks, not roads, but it's got to be appropriate for the world it's in. Out of your worlds I only see Reyes County and Boroughsburg having a route, and it'd realistically be a bus in both cases. As much as I like to think my Bridgeport 1988 is being forward-thinking in opening a streetcar network, there's no way I'd realistically be able to put that in my game (with Bridgeport being part Pittsburgh, part Cleveland, part Philadelphia, part god knows what). I've really got the mental image of that dorky-looking Toronto streetcar in my head now though, and I can see it quite happily chugging through some upbeat suburb somewhere in the northeastern United States. I'm a thinker, not a doer, but I'd suggest building a very small proof-of-concept world. And since you've got that Japanese railcar you might as well crack open a rural world with train tracks already in it, and see if you can make it work.

Or......
Hey @Nilxis, you wouldn't happen to be interested in this would you? I've seen entirely too many pretty pictures of your worlds and some of them, I imagine, would lend themselves quite well to being TS3's first ever world with a realistic public transport system.

The cartoony aspect was totally something I ran into, but the engines/tenders themselves are actually fine and relatively realistically proportioned- needed to do some frankenmeshing to make the carriages work though.

I entirely agree that this concept really works best for things not on roads as they're more unique as opposed to a bus- for a rust-belt style world I would really go with an old PCC-style streetcar, if you can find one.

That being said, this could work really well as an airship (as you can seemingly control the height of the vehicle as well?), or also as one of those scenic vintage railcars threading their way through coastal cliffs and rural scenery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127699427@N02/41803053810
Mad Poster
#38 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 5:00 PM
What I'll do is, I'll ask around for advice on how to get models from Transport Fever into Blender. If I understand correctly, the interior of a Transport Fever vehicle is actually a separate mesh group, so you can very easily delete that geometry. The transparency of the windows is drawn into the textures so you can just disable the alpha on those and you'll get opaque windows. I did just a tiny bit of research and I don't think models from Skylines are the way to go. They're all made by different people with different quality standards. And it's better to be on the higher end of mesh detail because a few thousand polygons really don't hurt performance.

But yeah I can see a railcar like that being a thing in TS3.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#39 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 6:45 PM

I think Barcelona would be the only world where such a thing would be realistic, but I have to admit I have zero interest in going back to edit any of my worlds. However, I might be interested in building some sort of airship transport system for a future world I have in mind, so I'll keep an eye on this thread

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
dodgy builder
#40 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 9:12 PM
I have been thinking about some sort of transportation for my Angkor Wat inspiration, but I'm sick these days so it has to take the time it takes. On the other hand I can see this will take some time anyway. Do you have some sort of tracks I can put down to set up what will come later? I was thinking I could use the tram for a more themed hood at the back, but the future version could be fun as well.
Test Subject
#41 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 11:04 AM
Hi I've been using this thread to get my own zephyrs in my custom world - I've created six stations that my sims can use autonomously
There are a few problems though:
The buildings are not selectable. If I select a stop I can’t click ‘go to town station’, it is only able to be used autonomously.
The sim enters the closest station then teleports to station 0 (the start) and then does a complete route before teleporting to the station closest to their destination. This may be because the lots are all clones of the mining stop. It might be important to number the stops - you can do this in oasis landing with cheats, as they are all clones they have the same number.
Out of curiosity I imported future world designation files into the world file then traveled there with the NRAAS go here mod - The sims didn't even use it autonomously in that case.
Finally the zephyr is extremely high in the sky above the rails. I have no idea how to fix this. If anyone has any ideas please let me know! Happy to share the map once it’s done as well if people are interested!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 11:59 PM
Diving into this... I'm curious to experiment as I'm building a world inspired by Disney World, and the Zephyr is so close to the monorail that it will fit nicely within my world (even though it's not futuristic, per se).
dodgy builder
#43 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 9:35 AM
@jje1000 Didn't I see some updates to this somewhere?
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 30th Jan 2020 at 4:14 AM Last edited by Crashley1784 : 30th Jan 2020 at 4:30 AM.
So my first question on this is if anyone has tinkered with making a rug or something to replace the zephyr station object? Or I wonder if I could use the basement trick and stick the zephyr station object down there once I get the train itself programmed to operate properly .... *dashes off to tinker*

Update - nope, basement trick did not work. There is something scripted in the actual object of the station that makes it work.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 2:35 AM
I've figured out the coordinates. I downloaded the Oasis landing world on cawster and in CAW, I placed streetlights and pasted the coordinates listed in the train INI file for the street lights so I could visually see their locations.
The first three coordinate sets (-1, 0, 1) of each path indicate three points INSIDE the train station along the track, creating a straight line inside the station. The last three sets of coordinates in a route are three points along the track inside the NEXT station, then the first three sets of coordinates in the NEXT route duplicate the last three sets in the previous route. I've notated the INI file to identify what all of the coordinates are. The only thing that I'm not clear on are the Y coordinates in the sets - they do not correspond to the Y coordinates of objects in the world like the x and z points do.

Code:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;; This file defines spline paths for elevated train travel
;; 
;;
;; Each path is defined as a set of control points.  Each point 
;; has the following format:
;;
;; [I_T]
;; Position = (x, y, z)
;; RollAmount = (x, y, z)
;;
;; I is the integer index of the path.
;;
;; T is the time in seconds at which this point is hit - the first
;; point in the path should have a time of 0.
;; the RollAmount angles are a float format, 
;; defined in degrees.
;;
;;
;; Also note that each path *must* contain at least 2 points.
;;
;; The game expects that each path connects to the next and that the final path 
;; connects to the first, making a circular track in the world.
;; Stations for elevated train paths also will store an index and that index
;; must match the index of the path with it's starting point at that station, 
;; with station 0 connecting the highest numbered path back to path 0.
;;
;; Example, 3 stations:
;; Station 0 - connects paths 0 and 2
;; Station 1 - connects paths 0 and 1
;; Station 2 - connects paths 1 and 2

;; Tunables 
[tunables]
VelocityScalar = 1.75

;;First Path
;; Wasteland Station to Neighborhood Station
[0_-1]
Position = (521.7461, 7.0, 1231.30859) - inside Wasteland station 1
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_0]
Position = (526.7461, 7.0, 1236.30859) - inside Wasteland station 2
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_1]
Position = (530.749, 7.0, 1240.3859) - inside Wasteland station 3
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_2]
Position = (551.4551, 7.0, 1260.938) - Pylon
RollAmount = -10.00

[0_3]
Position = (590.892944, 7.0, 1278.85938)- Pylon
RollAmount = -20.00

[0_4]
Position = (632.8967, 7.0, 1266.14429)- Pylon
RollAmount = -15.00

[0_5]
Position = (674.7525, 7.0, 1237.45715)- Pylon
RollAmount = -10.00

[0_6]
Position = (710.0347, 7.0, 1210.67444)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_7]
Position = (747.069946, 7.0, 1182.119)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_8]
Position = (787.117249, 7.0, 1163.34375)- Pylon
RollAmount = 10.00

[0_9]
Position = (833.7093, 7.0, 1158.91833)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_10]
Position = (880.76, 7.0, 1157.89368)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_11]
Position = (916.0, 7.0, 1157.0) - Inside neighborhood station 1
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_12]
Position = (921.0, 7.0, 1158.0) - Inside neighborhood station 2, but not in straight line (in center of track)
RollAmount = 0.00

[0_13]
Position = (926.0, 7.0, 1157.9) - Inside neighborhood station 3, center of track
RollAmount = 0.00 

;;Next path
;; Neighborhood Station to District Station
[1_-1]
Position = (916.0, 7.0, 1157.0) - Inside neighborhood station 1
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_0]
Position = (921.0, 7.0, 1158.0) - Inside neighborhood station 2
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_1]
Position = (926.0, 7.0, 1157.9) - Inside neighborhood station 3
RollAmount = -5.00

[1_2]
Position = (946.7631, 7.0, 1157.68591) - Pylon
RollAmount = -5.00

[1_3]
Position = (987.440735, 7.0, 1155.33984)- Pylon
RollAmount = -10.00

[1_4]
Position = (1025.2406, 7.0, 1147.206)- Pylon
RollAmount = -10.00

[1_5]
Position = (1058.34424, 7.0, 1133.91846)- Pylon
RollAmount = -10.00

[1_6]
Position = (1094.9613, 7.0, 1107.46985)- Pylon
RollAmount = -5.00

[1_7]
Position = (1113.65918, 7.0, 1068.67615)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_8]
Position = (1120.37988, 7.0, 1028.05481)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_9]
Position = (1121.95154, 7.0, 985.410767)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_10]
Position = (1120.49158, 7.0, 942.935364)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_11]
Position = (1118.81409, 7.0, 900.016968)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_12]
Position = (1118.04407, 7.0, 857.5554)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_13]
Position = (1117.71, 7.0, 814.260437)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_14]
Position = (1117.329, 7.0, 774.6454)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_15]
Position = (1117.03906, 7.0, 732.87)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_16]
Position = (1116.31726, 7.0, 689.4756)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_17]
Position = (1115.911, 7.0, 647.2278)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_18]
Position = (1115.438, 7.0, 604.5403)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_19]
Position = (1111.87183, 7.0, 562.5061)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_20]
Position = (1104.69592, 7.0, 528.1319)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_21]
Position = (1088.10352, 7.0, 479.741669)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_22]
Position = (1056.8175, 8.76, 434.924438)- Pylon
RollAmount = -10.00

[1_23]
Position = (1027.78174, 10.3, 398.221558)- Pylon
RollAmount = -5.00

[1_24]
Position = (1002.24579, 6.5, 372.147766)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_25]
Position = (978.686035, 6.75, 347.946777) - Inside District station 1 - center of track
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_26]
Position = (973.686035, 7.0, 342.946777) - Inside District station 2 - center of track
RollAmount = 0.00

[1_27]
Position = (968.686035, 6.9, 338.946777) - Inside District station 3 - off center
RollAmount = 0.00

;;Next path
;; District Station to City Station
[2_-1]
Position = (978.686035, 6.75, 347.946777) - Inside District station 1
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_0]
Position = (973.686035, 7.0, 342.946777) - inside District station 2
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_1]
Position = (968.686035, 6.9, 338.946777) - inside District station 3
RollAmount = -10.00

[2_2]
Position = (946.045044, 6.725, 321.8445)- Pylon
RollAmount = -15.00

[2_3]
Position = (913.800354, 8.16, 316.1935)- Pylon
RollAmount = -15.00

[2_4]
Position = (870.628967, 10.99, 315.342316)- Pylon
RollAmount = -10.00

[2_5]
Position = (828.233154, 7.0, 321.6749)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_6]
Position = (785.7708, 7.0, 327.148163)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_7]
Position = (743.0597, 7.0, 333.807831)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_8]
Position = (700.3693, 7.0, 344.979248)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_9]
Position = (661.3447, 7.0, 361.2068)- Pylon
RollAmount = -10.00

[2_10]
Position = (628.089539, 7.0, 394.6336)- Pylon
RollAmount = -15.00

[2_11]
Position = (610.436646, 7.0, 429.7175)- Pylon
RollAmount = -10.00

[2_12]
Position = (601.23645, 7.0, 472.4241)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_13]
Position = (600.1447, 7.0, 518.5186)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_14]
Position = (598.9889, 11.7, 562.6869)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_15]
Position = (597.482, 11.7, 606.979)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_16]
Position = (596.57, 11.7, 650.0576)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_17]
Position = (596.5394, 7.0, 693.6018)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_18]
Position = (596.51, 7.0, 716.0) - Inside Downtown station 1 - center of track
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_19]
Position = (596.499939, 7.0, 721.0) - Inside Downtown station 2 - center of track
RollAmount = 0.00

[2_20]
Position = (596.5, 7.0, 726.0) - Inside Downtown station 3 - center of track
RollAmount = 0.00

;;Next path
;; City Station to Wasteland Station
[3_-1]
Position = (596.51, 7.0, 716.0) - Inside Downtown station 1
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_0]
Position = (596.499939, 7.0, 721.0) - Inside Downtown station 2
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_1]
Position = (596.5, 7.0, 726.0) - Inside Downtown station 3
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_2]
Position = (596.5224, 7.0, 747.5818)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_3]
Position = (596.8358, 11.7, 791.7466)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_4]
Position = (596.145569, 11.8, 835.2372)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_5]
Position = (591.5779, 11.7, 878.3133)- Pylon
RollAmount = 15.00

[3_6]
Position = (581.0899, 11.3, 916.123169)- Pylon
RollAmount = 15.00

[3_7]
Position = (562.2521, 7.0, 944.83075)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_8]
Position = (531.165833, 7.0, 974.966858)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_9]
Position = (500.247864, 7.0, 1004.36121)- Pylon
RollAmount = -5.00

[3_10]
Position = (474.96225, 7.0, 1038.87964)- Pylon
RollAmount = -15.00

[3_11]
Position = (465.953674, 7.0, 1079.73108)- Pylon
RollAmount = -10.00

[3_12]
Position = (466.630249, 7.0, 1126.88806)- Pylon
RollAmount = -10.00

[3_13]
Position = (476.173248, 7.0, 1170.85217)- Pylon
RollAmount = -5.00

[3_14]
Position = (502.032, 7.0, 1211.207)- Pylon
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_15]
Position = (521.7461, 7.0, 1231.30859) - inside Wasteland station 1
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_16]
Position = (526.7461, 7.0, 1236.30859) - inside Wasteland station 2
RollAmount = 0.00

[3_17]
Position = (530.749, 7.0, 1240.3859) - inside Wasteland station 3
RollAmount = 0.00
Screenshots
Test Subject
#46 Old 27th May 2020 at 11:06 PM
Oh my god you guys - I cracked the Y coordinate and it was simpler than anyone could even imagine.
It defines the position of the trolley above ground. So when setting coordinates for your trolley it should remain Y=7. The way it works in Oasis Landing the Y coordinate changes when the trolley is going up/down the hill or it goes above water.

Example/Proof:
In Oasis Landing, the third station (District) is the one that's higher as it leads to the small settlement of those old style houses. The Y coordinates change when the trolley is going up and down that small hill. Same thing happens when it's going over water on the next path, from that station to the last one that is behind the 'base camp'.

In practice you only have to change the Y coordinate when it's above water. Maxis changed it on the hill part as well because the decorative pylons are put much higher there. If it remained at 7 there, the trolley would simply go through the pylon and that wouldn't look really nice.

Also a small question. Does anybody have the link for a file that unlocks the zephyr station in buy/build mode? I know such 'mod' exists because it was mentioned in one of the tutorials on simswiki, however the link was broken/deleted.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 28th May 2020 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kacpi33
Oh my god you guys - I cracked the Y coordinate and it was simpler than anyone could even imagine.
It defines the position of the trolley above ground. So when setting coordinates for your trolley it should remain Y=7. The way it works in Oasis Landing the Y coordinate changes when the trolley is going up/down the hill or it goes above water.

Example/Proof:
In Oasis Landing, the third station (District) is the one that's higher as it leads to the small settlement of those old style houses. The Y coordinates change when the trolley is going up and down that small hill. Same thing happens when it's going over water on the next path, from that station to the last one that is behind the 'base camp'.

In practice you only have to change the Y coordinate when it's above water. Maxis changed it on the hill part as well because the decorative pylons are put much higher there. If it remained at 7 there, the trolley would simply go through the pylon and that wouldn't look really nice.

The great thing is that theoretically, the Zephyr could be either a ground-based transport, or an aerial one!
dodgy builder
#48 Old 28th May 2020 at 12:54 PM
7 isn't very much. That doesn't give many steps for the height of the track. Will it perhaps be different for a world with higher max height?

So it's the waterlevel that is the baselevel. Even that can be changed. Will baselevel then change?
Test Subject
#49 Old 28th May 2020 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
The great thing is that theoretically, the Zephyr could be either a ground-based transport, or an aerial one!

I know right! You could make the zephyr fly high above your whole city and only come down to the stations. That's amazing!!!

@Volvenom I don't think the water level or max height matters in this case. Once you put your world in the game it treats the terrain as the base, no matter how high or low it is. The trolley is like a regular object, let's say a chair! When you try to put it on the ground it will always snap to it instead of disappearing in the hill. If you were to put the Y coordinate to 0 throughout the whole way the trolley would simply look like a regular car but without wheels.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 12:16 AM
Bringing this up and dusting it off- had some luck in replacing the train mesh- interestingly enough, it's actually a car and you can see your sims sit inside it.

Another question- are the station names tied to the rabbithole itself, or the lot?

Just wonder if that's the case, since lucashc mentioned that the stations can be 'renamed' (looked into testingcheatsenabled true option and could not find it, renaming the lot seemed to work).

Quote: Originally posted by lucashc
3)Note: each station has specific names to them that derive from the lot's name, or you can rename them (I was with testingcheatsenabled true).

This is mainly as I wonder if the station rabbitholes can be placed in the world itself instead of a lot, which would greatly increase its flexibility in placement.
Page 2 of 3