Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 8:07 AM
Fabulous work to the admins, hooray, the site is running faster for me than ever before. kudos on a job well done!!! :-)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 8:23 AM
Thanks very much for all the work you've done on/for this great site!

...And don't forget that the earth loves to feel your bare feet and the wind yearns to play with your hair....
Field Researcher
#53 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 8:56 AM
Hey Delphy,

where are the Sexysims2 downloads go?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 8:57 AM
Hello,

Thanks for beeing back.
Just found out one problem: logging in does not work for me via modthesims2.com, only with modthesims.info.
When I follow a link to modthesims.info and log in, everything works fine. When I start on modthesims2.com and log in, I get the "Thank you for logging in" page and the title bar switches and shows my username, but after clicking on a next page (no matter, what page it is), the title bar switches back to a not logged in state (the log in possibility appears), and clicking on a download link leads to the error message "No cookies found! There is no valid MTS login found".
I tried the standard security options of firefox (accepting third party cookies, too), and then I can find a cookie from modthesims2.com, but nevertheless it does not work. Cache was deleted several times.
This appears on my notebook (Vista) and on my PC (Win 7). I´m using Firefox 3.6.18.

Thanks!

Fairy Forest - Downloads for the Sims
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 12:11 PM
Hi, Delphy. I have got a problem. Where are the messages? Thanks!

~ Nobody will really care about this ~
Test Subject
#56 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by julsfels
Just found out one problem: logging in does not work for me via modthesims2.com, only with modthesims.info.
When I follow a link to modthesims.info and log in, everything works fine. When I start on modthesims2.com and log in, I get the "Thank you for logging in" page and the title bar switches and shows my username, but after clicking on a next page (no matter, what page it is), the title bar switches back to a not logged in state (the log in possibility appears), and clicking on a download link leads to the error message "No cookies found! There is no valid MTS login found".

Same problem here, but thanks to you I could access the website by using the .info address
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#57 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 12:51 PM
The .com address is depreciated, and has been ever since TS3 came out - we keep it around mainly so old links aren't broken. Its lack of cookie support is deliberate, as that way we can serve images from .com without having cookie checks clogging up the intertubes every time. Use .info instead.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 1:03 PM
I never realised how dull my life is without modthesims and just how much time I spend here. Well done and glad the sites back!

There is a gremlin inside of me.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 1:06 PM
Quote:

Same thing happened to me. I've been trying for 2 days to log in. The redirection box would tell me I was logging in, but I never arrived! Maybe a mention on the news page, for us old timers to not use that address.. might keep us from getting lost! smilie
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#60 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 1:27 PM
Guys, modthesims2.com has been cookie-disabled for months. How are you only just noticing? :P

Space Pony
#61 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
No, nothing has been lost. And anything we do lose won't be threads .

Are you sure? Because when I click on my post in the message confirming I submit something, it says thread invalid. It should say that it is still in the moderation queue. It happens with both things I submit.

And I don't know if this will fix itself but thumbnails to uploads "don't exist" and all of the pictures on the upload are little question marks in blue boxes.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#62 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 1:36 PM
Happy birthday Delphy, and great work! Everything I've tried is looking good and working fine now. I'm going to sixth or seventh the hope that SexySims will be back online soon.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 1:37 PM
Guys, modthesims2.com has been cookie-disabled for months. How are you only just noticing? :P

I've been logging in and downloading using the modthesims2.com address since I first came to the forum. I've been using it for sims 3 too! Worked fine, up until the recent upgrades. Not sure cookies were necessary either, because I often downloaded without even having to log in.

Thank you to Delphy for the forum and the upgrades! Things feel really smooth!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#64 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 1:38 PM
Do you mean the two "Eclectic Abode" uploads, Bchbch?

Yes, true happygolucky - downloads are enabled for guests (although not right now, they'll be re-enabled in a few days), but you can't give Thanks/post comments/use your download history unless you're logged in, so I would suggest logging in .

Theorist
#65 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 1:45 PM
Thank God! ModTheSims is BACK! I can't wait to download!

Oh, and will SexySims2 be back soon? Because I always get the "502 Bad Gateway" issue/problem/grrr!/thing.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Thank God! ModTheSims is BACK! I can't wait to download!

Oh, and will SexySims2 be back soon? Because I always get the "502 Bad Gateway" issue/problem/grrr!/thing.

Me too. Please don't laught of my gry hair because i'm 13.

Theorist
#67 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monosagrado
Me too. Please don't laught of my gry hair because i'm 13.

Um... what? "Please don't laugh of my grey hair because I'm 13." Is that what you've ment to say?

Grey hair... um, what? WTF?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#68 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 3:12 PM
The new servers are setup in a slightly different way to the old ones - hence why logging in on modthesims2.com doesn't work. However, it is my intention to do a domain redirect on that domain (for www) anyway, so that everybody ends up on the modthesims.info domain in the end. That'll probably happen sometime this week, but for now, please don't login using modthesims2.com, it Just Wont Work.

As for sexysims, it'll be done in the next few days.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Um... what? "Please don't laugh of my grey hair because I'm 13." Is that what you've ment to say?

Grey hair... um, what? WTF?

Sorry... My impulsivity... I'm obssessed with my gray hair. I'm stupid with this. It's not for you... sorry (i say this for a mental disorder called Borderline)

Space Pony
#70 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 4:53 PM
Do you mean the two "Eclectic Abode" uploads, Bchbch?

Yes those. But if they're still in the queue I don't care I just don't want to re-submit them.
What just happend?
retired moderator
#71 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 6:43 PM Last edited by G.O.C. : 29th Jun 2011 at 6:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by monosagrado
Hi, Delphy. I have got a problem. Where are the messages? Thanks!

"monosagrado"
Click on the number next to the little "envelope" in the top right hand corner of your screen!

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 7:10 PM
Everything is going fine on my end.
It looks smashing!

Dedicated to Tuning and Tweaking the Sims 3
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 8:51 PM
Just a quick thanks to the MTS-staff. It's very nice of someone who doesn't even play the game to keep this site running.

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. -Samuel Butler
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#74 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 9:03 PM
AlbaManrique paste the link to me please.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 9:42 PM
I never realized how often I use this site until it was down for a few days! I found myself thinking "Oh, I need to look for so-and-so for my game", then whining and saying "Dang it!" so many times, I had to laugh at myself. Glad you're back up and running!
Page 3 of 6