Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 11:01 AM
You don't have to be sorry!If it wasn't you I would probably wasn't able to fix the problem!

Now that I'm done with installing,and bypassing the luncher,I can proceed installing AnyGame?

I should install CleanInstaller again?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#27 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 4:06 PM
I would test for a while first, before installing the AnyGameStarter. It would be nice to know whether you are having the problem with EPs being uninstalled before we add the AGS to the mix.

However, once you've convinced yourself that things are running smoothly, go ahead and install the AnyGameStarter. There's a new version of the Clean Installer available, so you may as well update.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:32 PM
As I told you before TS2 Deluxe previous files were still in my PC,there eas University files too!

I forgot to delete Uneversity files before installing the EP,but the installation path was the same,so the files must have been replaced!

But ,before having my PC checked and [...],I had Brainania installed,and now Brainania still exists! If everything was normal Brainania shouldn't be still there! Right?
Site Helper
#29 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 5:35 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 10th Apr 2011 at 5:46 PM.
I haven't paid that much attention to the uninstall process. The correct way for a program to uninstall itself is to remove only the files that it originally installed; this would leave the user's data and additions intact, including Brainania. I'm not sure whether EA uses this procedure or not.

Let's see see whether I understand how you handled the University EP:

1) You uninstalled using the standard procedure; you did not receive any errors during the uninstall.
2) You did not look at the University folder in Program Files, to see whether any files remained. You did not delete the University folder in Program Files.
3) You cleared the registry entries for this EP.
4) You installed the University EP into the same location as you had installed before; you did not receive any errors during the installation.

If this was your technique, then you should be fine. If you are really concerned, you can uninstall University, delete any files that remain on the disk, remove the registry entries, and then reinstall University. However, I wouldn't bother unless you notice something odd while playing. Do you remember whether you made any changes to the University folder in Program Files, other than adding Brainania?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
1) You uninstalled using the standard procedure; you did not receive any errors during the uninstall.
2) You did not look at the University folder in Program Files, to see whether any files remained. You did not delete the University folder in Program Files.
3) You cleared the registry entries for this EP.
4) You installed the University EP into the same location as you had installed before; you did not receive any errors during the installation.

That's exactly what I did!

Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Do you remember whether you made any changes to the University folder in Program Files, other than adding Brainania?

No,as I can remember now!
I only installed Brainania and changed Template Folder to stealth and back!
Site Helper
#31 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 6:33 PM
In that case, I really wouldn't worry about it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 2:39 PM
I installed AnyGame yesterday and everything works fine with it!

Today,I installed IKEA and decorated a house with it!
After a couple of hours,I opened TS2 again!Now some furniture was gone,after a while I realised that those furniture were from IKEA!

How on earth it was uninstalled???

I didn't use the launcher,as I bypassed it!
I opened the game from Free Time icon as it didn't let me open it from IKEA!
Site Helper
#33 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 3:59 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 11th Apr 2011 at 4:15 PM.
After installing IKEA, did you regenerate your AnyGames? You need to. The AGS file which restores to your full game needs to know which EPs and SPs you have installed. That file is created when you create the AnyGame and will not have the information for any newly installed packs. This results in a pseudo-uninstall of all packs which were installed after you generated the AnyGames.

I believe that you may be able to reset those files by installing a new temporary AnyGame. There may even be an option to regenerate current AnyGames. If that doesn't work, then backup your existing AnyGames, reinstall them all, then copy your data from your backup to your new AnyGames.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 4:06 PM
Oh,this is the problem!
And how I do that?
Site Helper
#35 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 4:16 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 11th Apr 2011 at 5:16 PM.
Sorry, we cross-posted. Please read my previous post again.

One more thing: After running the AnyGameStarter installer, which will reset your AnyGameStarter\AppFiles folder, you need to run the Sims2_Full.reg file in that folder, by double clicking on that file. After that, everything should be working as expected.

Alternatively, you can run your new AnyGame. When you exit the game, everything should be back to normal.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 8:08 PM
So

1) BuckUp my AnyGame folder
2)Uninstall it and reinstall it again
3)Replace newly made files with BuckUp
4)Run Sims2_FullReg to replace the registry
Site Helper
#37 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 8:18 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 11th Apr 2011 at 8:48 PM.
Are you running the most recent version of the AnyGameStarter? If not, you should consider downloading it.

I think the steps above are more than you need. Try this first:

1) Start the AnyGameStarter installer. Follow the instructions until you are given an option of creating a new AnyGame. Quit. This should reset your AppFiles folder.
2) Run Sims2_Full.reg.

Now, try running your full game. I believe that you'll find that everything is fine now.

If that doesn't work, then try all of your steps above. However, be sure not to overwrite your new AnyGameStarter\AppFiles folder with the backup version, since that will undo the AGS reset. You really only want to restore each EA Games\The Sims 2 folder from your backup.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 12:29 PM
I followed your steps and things sorted out!
So evrytime I install something new I have to do those 2 steps?

Well,Mootilda,I want to thank you so much one more time for your help and you time! I would still probably try to find a solution,if it wasn't you. Thanks once again! I hope I won't face such problems in the future!

Yours,
MAB
Site Helper
#39 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 5:58 PM
Every time that you install a new EP or SP, you have to follow step 1 to tell the AnyGameStarter Installer to regenerate the AppFiles folder and add the new packs to its list.

If you avoid running the AnyGameStarter until after you do step 1, you won't need to do step 2.

Step 2 allows you to restore your full game if you ran the AGS before you gave the AGS Installer a change to regenerate the AppFiles folder. If you run the AGS with the old AppFiles folder, it tries to restore to your previous game configuration; this means that your new packs will appear to have been uninstalled. So, it was necessary this time, but shouldn't usually be required, as long as you do step 1 immediately after installing a new EP/SP and before running the AGS.

Mind, there's never any harm in doing both steps.

You're very welcome. I like to see people using the AGS, because I prefer to see minimal requirements on downloads. I'm really sad that Numenor is no longer supporting the AGS and that he did not share the source code. I'm happy to help in whatever way I can.

Page 2 of 2