Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Barbie Roberts: 1959

by daluved1 Posted 22nd Sep 2010 at 2:45 PM - Updated 25th Sep 2010 at 1:11 AM by daluved1 : Small fixes and updates :)

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 3:25 PM
Oh, you were a happy girl, I had to beg a lot for my first Barbie. My mom didn't see the Barbie's glam X(. Thank you for this lovely gal. I looooove Barbies, too.
Inventor
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 3:52 PM
The only child, huh? You lucky one - I've been one out of ten (when I was a child) and got self-made pullovers or cookies for christmas and/or birthday... noooo Barbie.

Anyway, enough of me... I love Barbie Rogers. She's so beautiful. I also love her dresses. Great work!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 7:09 PM
oh my god! she's adorable!

the outfit you made for her is remarkable. thank you so much.

i actually own a remade version of this same barbie. being a replica it shows some resemblance. i'm so happy you made her as a sim. :P
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 9:47 PM
What do you mean by "contains small parts"?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 10:38 PM
Yay Dal - Barbie is here, thank you for the sim. Only child huh? I got my older brothers cast-off Action Man.....

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WoohooAndTheCity
What do you mean by "contains small parts"?

DON'T YOU GET IT
ITS A JOKE.

Great job with Barbie, growning up with my sister
we loved Barbie [even if we only had 2 ]
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 9:17 AM
She is amazing ! Brilliant work
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 3:39 PM
OMG, I remember that striped swimsuit! Amazing work.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 5:05 PM
Wow, that's one great idea made into sim world!
She's lovely, the dolls of that era were so pretty..
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 9:36 PM
Had a few Barbies growing up myself and she looks PERFECT! The outfits too!
Awesome job!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 11:07 PM
I had the black haired Barbie in the striped swimsuit when I was a kid. She was originally my mom's. I thought she looked mean, though, so I always had her be the evil step mother of my dolls.

Oh, and Barbie's last name is actually Roberts, not Rogers. Her full name is Barbie Millicent Roberts.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 11:09 PM
I love her. She's perfect! Thanks sooooooo much!
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I had the black haired Barbie in the striped swimsuit when I was a kid. She was originally my mom's. I thought she looked mean, though, so I always had her be the evil step mother of my dolls.

Oh, and Barbie's last name is actually Roberts, not Rogers. Her full name is Barbie Millicent Roberts.

I knew it was something with an R :D

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Sep 2010 at 11:12 PM
:O Somebody else loves barbie dolls as much (or even more) than I do??? I knew I wasn't the only only child that was showered with barbies for Christmas... I would still play with them, but being so much more mature (Yeah right! ), I prefer to play Sims. But now I can have the best of both worlds! You did a fantastic job on her, I love her!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 12:31 AM
The face looks amazing, really good job! Great Resemblance.
My Mom got this Barbie as a child, she also showed me her barbies when I was a kid. But back then, I didn't like the old barbies because they looked so different from mine. But looking at the pictures now, I really like that 1959 barbie- especially in her blue gown!
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 1:12 AM
She's been updated, you guys Thanks, ShortyBoo, for pointing out that mistake!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 2:42 AM
I LOVED BARBIES!
I hated every other type of doll (especially baby-like dolls) but Barbies? ME WANTSES, PRECIOUS. Not an only child, but my sister is older by ten years, so I inherited hers (and acquired more) :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 12:50 PM
Wow, she's soooo pretty! And her beautiful face perfectly goes with 80's era clothes.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 11:59 AM
Your Barbie is so realistic!
My mother used to have one of the very first Barbies. I think hers had black hair, but I don't remember what she said because she gave it away to a girl when she thought she was too old for Barbie. Now, back when my father's salary was actually somewhat upper-middle class (What's a raise?), I used to get Barbies every Christmas, Birthday, etc. Then, when I got a bit older, I would get tons of clothes and cars and miscellaneous vehicles like a rock star bus and two houses. I also had those grandparent dolls. When I was almost 14, I decided to start getting rid of my Barbies and only had my most favorite left and of course that dwindled over time to none. Now I kind of wish I could see my mom's first Barbie (After the last girl it was passed down to decided it was too old to pass on to someone else.) I love that striped swimsuit.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 9:46 PM
I love your Barbie, she looks so great. This sim even got me to buy that 1959 reproduced collectors Barbie today. I saw it in a toy store and just had to buy it, and now I just have to download this sim.

Thank you so much for this <3
Inventor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 8:47 AM
I've always loved classic Barbie, more than the new ones even though they are cute too. This sim is really awesome! I downloaded her and Ken and they're going to live by the beach!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 3:31 AM
I'm stunned. This is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so, so much for this upload.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 7:36 AM
I want this so badly but my game is patched up to the latest. Would this work? No worries if it doesn't. Still an amazing creation.
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 8:09 AM
Yes...there's no reason why she shouldn't.

Page 1 of 2