Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#51 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 10:52 PM
This thread has been "un-stickied", because we now have a new resource available for you to find building tutorials.

Click here to see the new Build Mode Community Resources Listing

To request additions, please click here.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 9:30 PM
I ran into a problem when creating L-shaped stairs and was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas as to how to solve it. basically, my landing before the second set of stairs to reach the 1st floor keeps snaping to the second floor when i put floor up there. im not well enough versed in the game alteration cheats like boolprop to figure out how to fix this. here is a pic of how it looks now.
Instructor
#53 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 9:39 PM
Thank you so much for this link! It looks like it'll be an invaluable source of help and guidance!

netseeker2

Quote: Originally posted by tkdjunkie
This thread has been "un-stickied", because we now have a new resource available for you to find building tutorials.

Click here to see the new Build Mode Community Resources Listing

To request additions, please click here.
#54 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 9:31 AM
Default qn abt building lakes and beaches
Quote: Originally posted by sunni9676
I hope this is the right forum to post this!

I had a lot of requests to explain how I got the beach effect with the pool on my island resort ( http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...41&page=1&pp=25 ). This tutorial is .htm that you can download and view offline.

If there are any questions just message me or post here. zip added by request.

hi,

sunni, thanks so much for your tutorial on making lakes and beaches. really looks beautiful.

however, when i lower the elevation of the pool edge, the transparent blue surface on top does not move to the edge. rather it stays as this rigid rectangular piece. and there's a gap betw the water and the edge. how do i go about solving this? can anyone help? thanks.

dana
Mad Poster
#55 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 9:21 AM Last edited by niol : 7th Sep 2005 at 9:24 AM.
Lythalasa,

Can you also show the another side? The wall is blocking one of the sides.

dana (makoto_0201),

The edge of the pool has to be inside the "pool water rectangles" in order to look attached. Also, remember to reserve places for pool accessories and then bound your swimming areas with wall, fences, sims-non-passible objects like shrubs and/or else if you don't want your sims swimming everywhere in the lot.
#56 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 6:05 AM
hi niol,

thanks for your reply. referred to mikeinside's tutorial and understood what you mean by edges inside the pool rectangle.
Test Subject
#57 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 7:42 AM
hey sunni do you have to download it and then look at it?

if you do that's ok i have loads of disk space and thnx for creating a .zip file i have winzip!!

sorry on my bursting in, allstar :D

NYAN NYAN NYAN, your point has been mooted.
Test Subject
#58 Old 18th Sep 2005 at 5:43 PM
Hey Sunni
The link to your tutorial isn't showing up..Is it located somewhere else ? I wrote the webmaster as well trying to figure out why the link won't work for me...I want to see the tute so bad !! :-( *wah*
Mad Poster
#59 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 4:15 PM
abnrmlisme,

Try the link t this thread.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=85093
it's workable when I tested it.
http://files.modthesims2.com:81/getfile.php?file=24640
#60 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 12:12 PM
Thanks sunni9676. It is a very good tutorial.
#61 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 9:02 PM
Well I've been trying to figure out how to make smaller sectioned stairs in a house, and this tutorial really helped The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to get the foundation to sit against the wall, for some reason my game won't let me put the foundation against the wall, so I can build the stairs, they just have to be in the middle of the house instead of at the corner I'm quite the beginner when it comes to building stuff so maybe I did something wrong? If you have any advice it would be appreciated
#62 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 11:26 PM
can you please email your tutorial for the smimmable pool/lakes at [email protected]
Mad Poster
#63 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 12:41 PM
islandbabe420,

a screenshot should help.

And, a "dummy" level (Mikeinside's term) has to be used to form the platform for the discreted stair between two floors...

Also, can you tell which stair tutorial you're working on? (coz there're so many out there...)
Test Subject
#64 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 10:52 PM
Thanks Sunni, this is great. Also, thank you for making it available offline.
#65 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 4:07 AM
I can't get in the address eventhough I logged in. When I link to the address, the " Message Bullettin: appears. Please tell me how.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 9:10 AM
llan,

Can you tell which link(s) you're trying to get to...?
#67 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 9:01 PM
Im probably looking in all the wrong places, but im trying to find a tutorial to change the colour of a roof, I want a white one! Its probably quite simple. Does anyone know where I can find one please?

Thanks
Scholar
#68 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 11:12 PM
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 6:18 PM
OMG...Sunny, your tut is lovely.....all u ve made....I am speechless...!!
2 bad I have NL,so it wont work...=(

Yeah, and Hi everubd, Im new...=)
Test Subject
#70 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 7:35 PM
sunni9676 your link (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...41&page=1&pp=25) doesn't work for me :/ it just says: "No Thread specified"
Mad Poster
#71 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 5:14 AM Last edited by niol : 14th Jan 2006 at 6:17 AM.
For :smash: sunni9676 :smash: 's lake tutorial ,

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=85093
http://files.modthesims2.com:81/getfile.php?file=24640

If those don't work, then check back post 23 on this thread
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...9545#post179545

Also, try to avoid to dl when it's close to the start of an hour?

gurlgonebonkers,

Thanks for correcting that... I was so careless...
Test Subject
#72 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 6:21 PM
doesn't work... could someone sen dit to my e.mail: [email protected]
Test Subject
#73 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 12:06 AM Last edited by gurlgonebonkers : 14th Jan 2006 at 3:30 AM.
Quote:
doesn't work... could someone sen dit to my e.mail: [email protected]

Sure it does.

Quote:
If those don't work, then check back post 23 on this thread
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...9545#post179545

It was post #21 though. Try again.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#74 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 2:44 PM
Lucie Porter regarding making a white roof...its not that roof recolours are really difficult. The problem is that the game adds a *filter* to roofs and it changes the white to a lovely dingy looking grey colour. Thats probably why you haven't seen one for download and if you have seen them on lots they are custom floor roof type thingies =/ Noone has been able to figure out how to turn off/override what the game does to them as yet.

Anyone think I should resticky this thread? A lot of the tutes posted in it are not actually hosted on site and I still see this as a valuable resource.

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Mad Poster
#75 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 3:26 PM Last edited by niol : 15th Jan 2006 at 3:29 PM. Reason: typos :P
How about link it to the tutorial listing for references?

This thread has many irrelevant posts to the tutorials though.

Every little issue about a particular tutorial gets mixed with an another one... It's gonna be more messy than each tutorial has its own thread.

Also, I believe most of the important tutorials are already linked in the tutorial listings...
Only very few are left out.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Page 3 of 5