Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 9:57 AM
Thank you! Just, Thank you!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#52 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 1:11 PM
I created a brother and sister and moved them into Sunset Valley with the intention of seeing how well the pointed ears inherit. Unfortunately I don't generally play generations, so it took me a while to realize that an Epic lifespan is not necessarily helpful for waiting for local townie women to have their babies grow up into toddlers so that you can look at the ears.

But the sister is finally pregnant, so I can grow it up a bit faster after it's born and take a look from the female side for you, and the brother has gotten 4 women pregnant so far.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Supreme Social Simmer
#53 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 5:27 PM
Hey CmarNYC, I have another optional suggestion. I was browsing the EA forums and came across a thread for body morphing, and there was a suggestion for ear orientation, the ability to move the ears up the side of the head or even to the top (genetic animal ears?), now I don't even know if that would be possible and I don't expect you to really consider this for this finalized release, but it is something to think about and experiment with. I really like the new E.P. Back slider, it is really cool, now I can make some goblins and demons
Inventor
#54 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 11:47 PM
Hi! I've just checked your sliders, and you need to change one if the spanish translations:
'Ear Point - back' --> 'Dirección de las orejas'

Sorry! :/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#55 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anubis360
Hi! I've just checked your sliders, and you need to change one if the spanish translations:
'Ear Point - back' --> 'Dirección de las orejas'

Sorry! :/

But doesn't that mean 'Direction of the ears'? I guess it looks like a slider for direction but it's really a separate 'ear points' slider. What I want the label to basically say is 'ear points going to the rear' or the equivalent.

At least I know the language labels are working!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#56 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kwillag
Hey CmarNYC, I have another optional suggestion. I was browsing the EA forums and came across a thread for body morphing, and there was a suggestion for ear orientation, the ability to move the ears up the side of the head or even to the top (genetic animal ears?), now I don't even know if that would be possible and I don't expect you to really consider this for this finalized release, but it is something to think about and experiment with. I really like the new E.P. Back slider, it is really cool, now I can make some goblins and demons

That might be best done with a bone-based slider rather than a morph, and would present some challenges in terms of preserving the basic shape of the head. Maybe in the future, but not with this mod. I've kind of had my fill of looking at ears for now, if you know what I mean!
Inventor
#57 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
But doesn't that mean 'Direction of the ears'? I guess it looks like a slider for direction but it's really a separate 'ear points' slider. What I want the label to basically say is 'ear points going to the rear' or the equivalent.

Yeah, but I'm not translating, I'm adapting. Because if I literally translate, it won't be really understandable.
Now that you make clear how do you describe your slider, it's easier to me :P
Call it "Orejas hacia atrás"

Upload soon, I want this for a fairy sim I'm making!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC

At least I know the language labels are working!

Then maybe in German:

Ear Points - Ohrspitze nach oben ziehen (Pull Ear Points upturned)
Ear Points Back - Ohrspitze nach hinten neigen (Tilt Ear Points backwards)
Ear Tilt - Ohrneigung

oepusims.tumblr.com. I don't take request. I have 2 children and few freetime. Use my creations as you wish. You don't have to ask.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#59 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 7:26 PM
Thanks again, everyone. I ended up doing a LOT of tweaking and having to redo most of the lod 1 morphs, but I think this is ready for prime time and am submitting it. I'm requesting that this thread be closed. Any requests for more translations of the labels can be via pm or in comments to the download.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: requested
Page 3 of 3