Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 4:06 PM
This is a bit off topic but I noticed you were able to get your mask to cover the entire head. Did you do anything special? I want to have a mask cover the entire head but it always stops at the hair, even though the alpha is extended all the way.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#52 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 4:28 PM
You cannot get the mask over the entire head, I just created that illusion by choosing a very dark skin and hair.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#53 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miniie
Hey there, Xanathon.
My texture is applied to the mask, and i didn't really mess with the RGB. It does have an "Alpha 1" that is all white.

You need to apply the eye texture to the face_overlay NOT to the mask.

happy simming,
Xanathon

.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#54 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 11:16 PM
Xanathon:
Any additional info on this procedure? If you can could you provide a small tutorial of the steps for this so as to allow us custom non-default eyes? Thanks :D

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 11:29 PM
Well i made one, 2 color palletes :D
It's on moderation queue right now.

Image:
Field Researcher
#56 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 5:14 PM
I tried using this to make a mask of a celebrity's face...but every time I get the same result...the color darkens and turns out orangey. I was having trouble before with the eye corners turning white, and the eyebrows and stuble not showing through, but that's apparently not an issue anymore...it's just the color change issue. Is there a way to change the transparency of the mask? I've tried a million different things but it keeps ending up the same way, unchanged in appearance. How can you utilize this to do a celebrity sim? Also...is there a way to cut the mask? I see Miniie has it just on the lips, is there a way I could just have it on the forehead and above the eyes?(eyelids). Thanks in advance.

Yiiikes!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#57 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:18 PM
Couldn't you just change the gamma or hue/saturation of the texture so it is brighter on the Sim?

happy simming,
Xanathon

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#58 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wintermuteai1
Xanathon:
Any additional info on this procedure? If you can could you provide a small tutorial of the steps for this so as to allow us custom non-default eyes? Thanks :D

I will see what I can do, but my time is somewhat limited atm.

As far as I can see the simplest solution to do custom eyes this way is to remove the mask resource. I'm still testing here.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Field Researcher
#59 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xanathon
Couldn't you just change the gamma or hue/saturation of the texture so it is brighter on the Sim?

I tried that, but it doesn't seem to make a dent. I cloned the feline mask, are all the tints supposed to be set to false? A,B,C&D? I don't know if that would make much of a difference or not. Also, is there a way to selectively include or exclude sections within the mask? I saw Miniie had it just on the lips, which is actually opposite with mine...mine does everything except the lips. Do you know how to target a certain area and exclude another? I rather just have it from the eye up...
Test Subject
#60 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowWhiteCharming
I tried that, but it doesn't seem to make a dent. I cloned the feline mask, are all the tints supposed to be set to false? A,B,C&D? I don't know if that would make much of a difference or not. Also, is there a way to selectively include or exclude sections within the mask? I saw Miniie had it just on the lips, which is actually opposite with mine...mine does everything except the lips. Do you know how to target a certain area and exclude another? I rather just have it from the eye up...

I was having a similar problem and I decided to use a RGB mask with only the red channel covering the size of the makeup... Then I could just change the color until it matched the skin of the sim I was making.
>

You Can't Run from the SUPER ONE
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#61 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:18 PM
Could someone please test this?

It's completely blue eyes without an iris and pupil.

You find it under cosmetics - makeup.

You have to change the three makeup colors to pure white to see the intended effect (light blue eyes with a nifty color gradient), but you are still able to play with the color sliders to modify them.

My GF wanted to create Arthas Menethil in his Lich King looks and so I did the blue eyes. It seems to work fine for her (and me), but I think this should be tested.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  arthas05.rar (12.9 KB, 37 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Blue Eyes - Baby's got blue eyes

happy simming,
Xanathon

Field Researcher
#62 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 12:03 AM Last edited by SnowWhiteCharming : 24th Jul 2009 at 12:15 AM.
Could someone please test this?

It's completely blue eyes without an iris and pupil.

You find it under cosmetics - makeup.

You have to change the three makeup colors to pure white to see the intended effect (light blue eyes with a nifty color gradient), but you are still able to play with the color sliders to modify them.

My GF wanted to create Arthas Menethil in his Lich King looks and so I did the blue eyes. It seems to work fine for her (and me), but I think this should be tested.

I'll test it for you...

Another thing with the face masks, though, I did get it to change...but now it's completely transparent and has no effect when it's on.

EDIT:
I tested it and it seems to work fine. It's really cool. :O But can you enable it for women too? My sister has an idea for a character from that now! ~blush~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#63 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 8:34 AM
Try to enable the package for females in CTU, it might just work out of the box...

happy simming,
Xanathon

#64 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 7:50 PM
It works great xanathon. I edited the dds and replaced with my own design just to test it. setting the colors to all white in the makeup will allow for truly custom eyes. Congrats on this great accomplishment!

Attached files:
File Type: zip  arthas05-modified.zip (15.4 KB, 29 downloads) - View custom content

Alt 255
to a dead channel.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#65 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 8:08 PM
Cool thing, winter!

Look at this:
Screenshots

happy simming,
Xanathon

#66 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 8:24 PM
Hehe Very cool Xanathon Got Harry Potters Scar nice.

Alt 255
to a dead channel.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 9:54 AM
Cool thing, winter!

Look at this:

Haha! Good idea.

I finally got the contacts to work, i made some 3-colour masks and after playing around, i got those results:
(click to see bigger)

I changed the primary and secondary colors for the iris, and the third one for the sclera, the pupils were made in the base texture.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 6:09 AM
Would I be able to make a custom design to put on the face? Like the magician stars, but with my own design.

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
Test Subject
#69 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 6:51 PM
Default cool eyes!!!
Quote: Originally posted by Cheapncheerful
Sorry for the double posting, but i've played around and made some textures, i'll try in the game and post screenies.

how do i get to use these eyes for my sims?
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 7:38 PM
How do you get the mask to appear in the game? I used the feline mask to create a celebrity face, but when ever I go into the game it doesn't have the face on it please help.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyCat
Would I be able to make a custom design to put on the face? Like the magician stars, but with my own design.

Yes! It's easy to do - just use one of the default costume makeup masks as your base, and when you put your new details into the CTU page for the textures, be sure to use 'Face Overlay' (not 'Overlay') for your new texture, and replace the key id for 'Mask' with key:00B2D882:0000000:78709F1C8E0CE3CD , which gets rid of the original mask so you don't have the tiger features (or whatever default mask you're using) showing through.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims389
how do i get to use these eyes for my sims?

You just go to the Costume Makeup panel in Create a Sim, and select them as if they were Costume Makeup. Remember you need to set all three costume makeup colours to white in the Create a Style panel after applying them, or they'll just look black.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 8:01 PM Last edited by jrf12391 : 1st Sep 2009 at 8:26 PM.
Ok I got the mask to appear in the game, but i'm having more trouble, it's to dark any help would be great

Mad Poster
#74 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jrf12391
Ok I got the mask to appear in the game, but i'm having more trouble, it's to dark any help would be great

You probably need to set all three colours in Create a Style to white, like we have to do with the eyes.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
You probably need to set all three colours in Create a Style to white, like we have to do with the eyes.

Yeah I just figured that out but thanks.
Page 3 of 4