Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#26 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:06 AM
To be honest, I would prefer if, for right now, discussion be kept to this thread. There's a lot of different talk pages and I think it's probably easiest to keep things right here.

porky - I would prefer unofficial/removed cheats to have their own section with a brief mention rather than being part of the main cheats list. Awesomemod adds a bajillion cheats - could have a link to its page rather than trying to maintain that ever-changing list.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Mother Function
retired moderator
#27 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 1:32 AM
Well HP, with that being said...

It would be fabulous if someone added those spiffy little blue backgrounds to the tables, and maybe spruced the books page up a bit

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...lp:Sims_3_Books

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#28 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 2:08 AM
I think I have most everything for careers. I am a little fuzzy on the actual skills names required. I did get the performance from the game, but if anyone know the correlation with skills and the levels. I didn't put any actual skill level numbers since I am unsure of them.

oh, I also have all carpool car names and work clothes if you want that added as well?
Test Subject
#29 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 2:53 AM
I would like to help out

username: Dbanks
name: Dontravious

I will take novels
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 2:56 AM
I did ghosts (and I want to thank everyone who helped me improve the article ) and I'm going to start on gems.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#31 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:42 AM
Is anyone doing school (elem. & highschool)?

The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#32 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:43 AM
I finished upgrades and i added a link to it (i'm not sure if i;m allowed to, if not please let me know and i won't do it again). It's a little dull, but all the info is there. If anyone wants to spice it up go ahead. The info is based of the XMLs
Mother Function
retired moderator
#33 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:22 AM
Kolipoki, can I make a suggestion? You should give a brief description of what Upgrades are.

The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#34 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 6:13 AM
no one's stopping you, you can go ahead and do that. (i'm not good at making descriptions).
Mother Function
retired moderator
#35 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 6:21 AM
Okie doke, just wanted to ask first

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 6:27 AM Last edited by rainycat : 9th Jul 2009 at 7:11 AM.
I registered as "Jello" without the quotes I can code in HTML and a little (very little) CSS, but that's it. But I have a question: is it TS2 that needs help, or TS3?

I could do hidden skills for TS2 if it's not done (couldn't find it, but sometimes I'm blind) like dance, or even just skills in general.

EDIT: I began skills, here is the link: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ls#Introduction

It's getting late, so I'm going to hit the sack and finish tomorrow. If I did something wrong, please tell me, as this is my first time with wiki articles.

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
retired moderator
#37 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 10:49 AM
Mostly we're focusing on TS3 stuff, but if you want to do what may still need doing for TS2, you are more than welcome to.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Scholar
#38 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 12:57 AM
Hi just a little Tip. When sims play guitar they tend to go to weird places like the bathroom or outside the house. This is because they need space to play confortably. Also, one of the best places to play for tips is close to the book shop, there's always enough public there =)
Banned
#39 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 2:31 AM
I'm supaclova and I'll add to wherever I think it lacks
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:12 AM Last edited by Charisa1114 : 10th Jul 2009 at 5:39 AM.
I joined as Charisa1114, same as here. I bought The Sims 3 Game Guide Collector's Edition. There is all kinds of stuff in there that I learned so I'm sure I could contribute quite a bit, but I have no idea how to make a page. I have never played around with HTML. I can add stuff in here and there where it is lacking. I haven't looked over the site too much yet, but I noticed that in the Career section the tones for each career are listed, but not the effect of each tone. I could add on stuff like that.

Another possible category is the opportunities that come up. There are three different types skill, job, and special. I have all the info if someone would want to help design the page, or point me towards a tutorial

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. ~Jennifer Yane
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#41 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:18 AM
Charisa1114, to add a page, you can simply type the title that you want into the Search box on the left. This will then give you the option to Edit this page, which will create it.

Or you can just link to it with [[ ]] and then clicking on that will let you make that new page.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:47 AM
Could I just copy the code from a page that would look similar and then just edit the info? I think I could manage that to do a page for opportunities.

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. ~Jennifer Yane
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#43 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:51 AM
Yes, that would work fine. Most of the wiki is done via copying code off another page.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:52 AM
Coolness I'll get started right away.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#45 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:21 AM
Is there one particular style that is preferred? I've noticed there are quite a few different formatting versions, which is to be expected when multiple users are editing. Or does this not matter? Or is someone else going to make it "pretty" later?
Mother Function
retired moderator
#46 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 10:11 AM
HugeLunatic, I'm really OCD about uniformity and I've been contemplating attacking each article until they all match >>"

retired moderator
#47 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 11:14 AM
I was planning on going over and reformatting some of them a little bit - mainly the tables, which need to be converted to templates to make things neater and tidier. I just need D's help with that since I'm not fantastic with all the IF THEN type stuff.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#48 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
HugeLunatic, I'm really OCD about uniformity and I've been contemplating attacking each article until they all match >>"

I suffer from this too, which is why I am asking before I go and redo every page.

HP - what is this convert to template you speak of? Is one of the pages already like this? I actually have plenty of time before fall semester starts to continue helping, I know html & css.
retired moderator
#49 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 1:37 PM
Well, for an example, click Edit on one of the Hair Gallery pages:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/index.php...All&action=edit

It's a table similar to the ones we're doing on the gameplay guides, but instead of having all the gobbledygook for every row... i.e:

|- style="vertical-align:top;width="100%" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="5" class="MainPageBG"
| style="border:1px solid #b3decf;background-color:#f5ffff;color:#000" |

... it just uses a template, {{HairGalleryRow}} to accomplish all of the style stuff, and then each line gets plugged in after that. It's not really -necessary- but it does make things a lot neater and cleaner.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#50 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 1:46 PM
Page 2 of 8