Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 1:19 AM
Those new hair meshes look great! I appreciate you all working on new hair and I would rather wait as long as it takes for you to make hair that doesn't replace existing hair.
I think some people get to impatient. The longer you wait, the better things will be. I wish I had the skill and patients to make new meshes.

Check out my Gaming Site!
http://www.petreak.com/
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Petreak
Those new hair meshes look great! I appreciate you all working on new hair and I would rather wait as long as it takes for you to make hair that doesn't replace existing hair.

Well said. I agree. HP - great work. I wish I knew more than squat about code, so I could help.
Instructor
#53 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:39 AM
This is a great news! I can't wait Delphy to release the tool in this week, or next week. I hope it wont takes months. Delphy, you are the busiest man in TS3 community, we own you too much.

I check the bone of peggysims hair. It just has 2 bones. The headnew and spine2. I also check the bones list, there's no right, left, front and back hair bone like TS2. I think there's also no bouncy/swing effect too. Not an improvement.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:34 AM
dani454, so long?? As Delphy said.. try to do it by yourself!!
im working really hard trying to understand all sims3 kinds of files and reading everything from everywhere and i suposse that a lot of people is doing the same thing. U should try to understand how dificult should it be when hundreds of people from all the world are working on it.
Peggy's hair is a default replacement and they are using Delphys and other people from here tools so peggy's hair is not much diferent than my meshes and the HystericalParoxysm one in the photos (.. im my opinion our ones are much pretty :P)
I´m not a computer programer and i stopped doing sims2 meshes almost 3 years ago ... but im just trying it knowing they are gonna do it after than me but when they get the way... i will understand how and i'll be better doing it. Speak is so easy.. but try to do it is not so easy..so lets go Dani, just try it!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#55 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 11:01 AM
Actually, you can't use the publically released CTU tool to make hair - if you try you will bork your game. I know, I tried. The only one that works properly is one that HP has tested but thats not released yet.

I haven't worked much on the CTU tool for a few days but hopefully will pick it up again soon.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#56 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:50 AM
Yay
Yay
Yay!
Test Subject
#57 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:52 AM
I want it :o
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Actually, you can't use the publically released CTU tool to make hair - if you try you will bork your game. I know, I tried. The only one that works properly is one that HP has tested but thats not released yet.

I haven't worked much on the CTU tool for a few days but hopefully will pick it up again soon.

I know u can't use it to make hair. The program just take the objects part of the hair (laces, hats..) but dont recognice the hair mesh. I tested it too but is a big start and if u are testing it now im sure it would be relased soon.

The only way to edit hair right now is with Peter L jones tool and sure that with the lepid llama too but i didnt try so much with this one.
Definly it looks that the best and right way to make non-remplacement hair creating casparts will gonna be your CTU so im definly waiting to work with new versions.

...When i re-read my posts i really feel that sounds like if i had no idea of what im talking about LOL But i have idea.. is just a efect of my Span-english! hehehe
Test Subject
#59 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:44 PM

I love this hair and use it all the time in the Sims 2. I am so glad you are working on making it for the Sims 3. I can't make most of my sims without it.

I hope that your "Gaius" hair will be your next project. :D
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#60 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:49 PM
hockeydoll19 - I plan on doing all of my TS2 hair eventually, and probably some new ones. And Nouk's. It's sure one heck of a lot easier to convert hair than to make it from scratch - the head sizes are about the same and the shape isn't wildly different too.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#61 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:44 PM

I'm srsly going to cream myself now.

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Mad Poster
#62 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 12:09 AM
The work going on is phenomenal! I am being patience now, mainly cause I am trying to get gameplay and building down to a science. Looking here has given me hope.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#63 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:35 PM
I can't believe how fast you guys are! :O Wonderful job. <3
Test Subject
#64 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 1:01 AM
Wow you guys are on a roll! Seriously! A month in already and I'm getting excited about what ya'll have in store when you learn to find a way to upload them without replacing some. Although, I would LOVE to replace some of EA's Hairstyle's. They are rather... Well... What they are.

HP- So glad to see some curly hair! I wish EA would have placed some in the game. O__O But they obviously do not like curls.

:D
Mad Poster
#65 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:56 PM
These all look great and I can't wait for them to be released. I wouldn't mind if they replaced the EA hair styles, as there's not one of them I even remotely like!
Test Subject
#66 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 12:36 AM
ahhhh, i cant wait, ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 7:14 AM
Lol. I tried editing Meshes with Milkshape at one point, but i got frustrated and quit.. I think im going to give it another go..
Test Subject
#68 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 3:15 PM
Can I download that hair anywhere?
Sorry, but I don't undarstand something.
Test Subject
#69 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 7:06 PM
wow...i cant wait, thank you very much HP, javilo and delphy

i am a trolley
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 8:23 PM

Oooh, niiiiiice!

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times? Stupid monkey! "
Test Subject
#71 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 10:05 PM
javilo...you're second hair mesh looks great...im so excited the adrenaline is pumping through my veins, is this normal? XD hahahh

can i ask where you got the lacey vest top that your blonde model is wearing in that image? did you make it yourself?

i am a trolley
Test Subject
#72 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 11:45 PM
Javilo, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the second mesh you posted. Amazing!

I can't wait until these are uploaded!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#73 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 3:19 PM
Thanks to everybody i really would like to relase it as soon as posible :D
Yes gwiondavies i did it with CAS Txt unitool. Im working in hairmeshing more than clothes but i'll make some clothes to download for sure!!
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keram
Can I download that hair anywhere?
Sorry, but I don't undarstand something.

From what I understand, they're still trying to work the kinks out. Many hairs that are already released just replace defaults, and, from what I've experienced so far, crash the game in some instances.

They're probably making sure they don't make the same mistake, as a new hair's no use if you bork your game with it. XD
Test Subject
#75 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 12:36 AM
Where Do You Download It?
Page 3 of 5