Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Allen92909
Am I the only one slightly disappointed in the sims 3? I don't play much with the people, I mostly play to build awesome houses. Well you can't even place lots in the sims 3. I was hoping they would make building a neighborhood more customizable almost like simcity. Besides that they definitely cut down on the content that you can put into a house. Needless to say I am very excited to see that people are starting to put up some downloads.

That makes me kind of sad. =/ Maybe I will also give it awhile before I buy the game, just to give the talented creators out there time to give us more options!

What's this? Drops of rain frozen into ice crystals? I shall harness their energy and rule the world!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:02 PM
Default Sims 3 is a big disappointment
Quote: Originally posted by Allen92909
Am I the only one slightly disappointed in the sims 3? I don't play much with the people, I mostly play to build awesome houses. Well you can't even place lots in the sims 3. I was hoping they would make building a neighborhood more customizable almost like simcity. Besides that they definitely cut down on the content that you can put into a house. Needless to say I am very excited to see that people are starting to put up some downloads.

I have been trying to play this game all afternoon. I have not had any so called system problems (except my Nvidia card is a 5700LE). Turned down the graphics a little to accommodate the card. Navigation is poor and jagged, the "time controller" (regular, fast, very fast) does not work at all, and the graphics are a poor cousin to Sims 2.
The CAS uses poser model time bodies and doesn't come close to the faces you could make in Sims 2. I have loaded this into 3 different systems (including a laptop) and all the same poor quality problems exist. I am very disappointed.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#28 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:15 PM
Hey guys, if you want to talk about Sims 3 in general and your impressions, we have a forum for that: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=561

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 10:53 PM
I must agree with Allen92909, TS3 seems a step back. Little choice in objects for your homes. I will keep playing TS2 until they improve TS3 with some expansion packs
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#30 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:33 PM
Please keep Sims 3 discussion to the social section as listed. I'm going to close this thread since it's more informative than anything.

Thanks for the replies.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 2