Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 7:00 PM
That's such a fantastic history. I saw where the Princes were meant to have been found when I went to the Tower of London and thought it was interesting enough then.

If someone wrote a novel out of your post, I'd be the first to read it! :D

Write it plz? *nudge nudge*
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#27 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gemmareno
That's such a fantastic history. I saw where the Princes were meant to have been found when I went to the Tower of London and thought it was interesting enough then.

If someone wrote a novel out of your post, I'd be the first to read it! :D

Write it plz? *nudge nudge*

Yes, the late Middle Ages in England are fascinating, indeed, and the Princes are one of the great mysteries of the time, perhaps the greatest historical mystery of them all. No one knows who really did it, and there is a huge list of big-name possible suspects, all with motive and opportunity.

Perhaps I shall put Henry VII on my list to write about. It could even be a great romance thing, since he's rumored to have died of a broken heart. In quick succession, Arthur and Elizabeth (both of whom Henry greatly loved) died, Arthur of...I can't remember; tuberculosis, perhaps...and Elizabeth in childbirth. Henry died just a few years after that.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 9:47 PM
It would definately be a fresh look at the Tudors! :D
#29 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 10:15 AM
Hi, I'm Henry.
I'll be legal on o9.22, weeeeeee.

Anyway.
Writing is my passion, for sure.

I'm still in the process of writing my first book. 150 pages, or around there in standard word. XD I've heard a lot of good comeback so I hope it's good. If you wanna read, just go to my MySpace, aha. :P

I loveeee poetry also.
Test Subject
#30 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 1:23 AM
Hi, I'm Melody~!

And I like writing fanfictions as well as my own stories. I enjoy writing poetry about love and life.

Hmm...I guess that's it.

Oh! And I like writing skits! <3<3<3
Scholar
#31 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 8:35 AM
Thanks, iCad. That was a good refresher course since all I remembered was they had a real shakey claim to the throne. With their logic, I should be sitting on it.
I haven't readthis for awhile or I would've thanked you sooner. I'm impatient for your book. The Middle Ages are about my favorite to read about.
I like the books that hint that the two princes were never killed but secreted away never to be seen again -- which is just me wishing for the best.
Our surname doesn't show up anywhere we can find before then, either, so there's a good chance our ancestors were originally Norman's coming over with William. What we do have lists a bunch of de this or that's marrying in. All we get to know for sure is our family started out in the peerage somewhere.

I got about a fourth of a book done and now I'm stumped. You ever start something that just goes on and on and has no ending? You ever feel like cheating and sending your manuscript to the Minnesota Women's Press cuz you know it'll get published? That was bad. It's my brother-in-law's and my joke. He writes excellant spooky military novels. Too bad he forgot to delete them all off this pc when he gave it to me. Now, I don't have to out and buy the rest of them. LOL.

I'm bored. I think I'll go write a Sim's story.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Instructor
#32 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 5:20 PM
Hi everyone. Cool group. Great thread- interesting reading.

@ Deatherella & iCad- I am along with you two- old enough to have mothered most of the others in this group! LOL! I have 2 teen sons- my oldest is a Jr. in HS, the younger, in 8th grade, took the SAT a couple of weeks ago.

@ Deatherella & Mollypog- I am of Scottish descent as well, but have no problems at all tracing the family name/line because they are apparently very well known. Clan Urquhart. The "modern" line of my family (Cromarty / Cromartie) goes WAY back starting with the marriage of Sir Adam (Knight) married Marjorie (Daughter of Griffin-Prince of Wales), b. 1071. It was very cool information to learn.

Anyway...whew... I write as well, lest I'd not have joined! I write mostly poetry, but also do other works as well. My most recent completed project was taking a screenplay written by an actor friend of mine (if you have seen "Scary Movie" then you've seen him) and re-writing it into a manuscript for a children's book. That was fun. I am currently myself developing an idea for a comedic screenplay.
Scholar
#33 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 7:18 AM
MissTech: I know of the Urquharts. Do you pronounce it Upchuck? I've heard it said that way. We're Clan Munro thru my my great-grandfather's mother. It's our English ancestors that have gaping holes all over. Almost all the people in this country with my surname (and it's two dozen bastardized versions) are pretty much all the descendents of two men who came to America about the same time that can be traced back to the same English town with birthdates only a year or two apart and then it's a dead end for most of the ones that came before them. The infamous ones are so much easier. Oh, well, we keep plugging along and some of the my sixth cousins banded together and hired a UK genealogist to try and sort out the mess.

I was a journalist doing news. Which is either really interesting or really boring depending upon where the paper sends you. Now, I just write what I want and hope it gets printed. While looking for whatever stupid job I can find so I can feed my kid.

But I am outlining the piles of videos and news clippings, etc, I saved from when a local kid murdered his whole family that I plan on sending to someone to make a movie out of. That was one creepy episode around here. I still remember the last time I saw those people alive. Enough time might have passed to put it back in the mainstream by now. My old neighbors ask me when I'm going to do that book, but I think I'd rather just underwrite it as a movie. And not have my name on it since I think that kid got out of prison a couple years ago.

I only write poetry when I'm truly inspired. Which doesn't seem to be too often.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 5:11 PM
I'm Frankie (or Fran) and im 16. I've been writing since i was 8 and it's mainly long stories that I end not finishing. I have to say all my stories are depressing and not readable for people who don't like that kind of stuff. I write mainly about people who are in some way different. At the moment im writing a story with a friend of mine (since about 9 months).

To be, or not to be,
That is the question.
Everyone has a hidden identity!
Theorist
#35 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 5:35 PM
Hello, I am Petchy

15 year old teen with a mind which is impossible to my friends.. er.. and.. *thinks of what else to put*
I'm one of those people who are very imaginative, in that I visualize things like Desk ideas, Places, Objects etc. easily. My Mind is more skilled at imagination than in writing or drawing [and I've known that for awhile now..]

I've adopted the task of writing my feelings out as I really need to work on them more. My Grammar is notsoamazing and I find it hard once I've "finished" something to add or check. I'm better at "setting a mood" than *explaining*.

....and thats about it!

..yarr! :D

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 12:44 PM
Hey!

I'm Kathleen, 14 years old. I guess I consider myself a write because it's a favourite past-time, more so than reading, and I am quite passionate about it. I don't really sway a particular way, I write poetry, scripts, songs, short stories, novels etcetera. I could also happily waste away days of just creating characters. I like to draw the characters too, yet unfortunately my drawing style and technique is not very realistic. I primarily like reading novels with subtle romance in them. I find war-based stories and thrillers interesting too.

That's just about it! Good meeting everyone!
Test Subject
#37 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 2:24 AM
Hi everybody, I'm 14. You can call me Toes.
I'm a writer, who doesn't write quite as much as she would like.
I like writing about.. stuff. And I always make up stories in my head, but never gith them down. I also enjoy reading. I'll read nearly anything I can get my hands on, and always have a book with me. I get most of my inspiration from the world around me, as well as Sims 2.

Uh, yup. That's all folks!
Inventor
#38 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 12:14 AM
Hello! I'm 13. You can call me Jewa, I guess.
I am a writer, and I write. I write too much, and everywhere. I love to read, too. Although I am always writing, its usually something new. I hardly every have a chance (or feel like) finishing something, so I hope I won't neglect my story!
*click on the link below. You know you want to!*
#39 Old 13th May 2009 at 3:05 AM
Hello. I'm Tawnee. I'm 19 and I've been writing since I was very young (probably around 6 or 7). I write novels and sometimes a poem here or there. For some reason, the short story is the hardest form of writing for me. I also write sims stories every once in a while. I have one on this site at the moment actually.

Writing is pretty much everything to me. It's my dream to someday be a published, bestselling novelist someday, and I strive toward that goal every day.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 23rd May 2009 at 1:24 AM
I'm Noel, 23, all I can really say. I write? I write books? Heheh. I've been writing since I was a little girl, when I won a poetry contest and got it published. I'm not too good at poetry now a days, my stuff usually involves more complex things rather than clouds and rainbows...obviously, now-a-days...but I still enjoy writing as much as I used to. I'm currently working on a graphic novel with a friend, a few other projects like games and shows with another friend, and a few books.

I'm also actually an aspiring director, since I'm a person that likes visual stimulation, I thought it'd be a good field to get into...and put my ideas and stories in other forms rather than paper.

Forum Resident
#41 Old 24th May 2009 at 11:59 AM
Hey ho! I'm Fiona and I'm 13 years old. I've loved writing from a very young age (about...4 or 5 or something) but I've NEVER properly finished anything. I'm most interested in writing about magic and stuff but my interest is dying out. I love comedy mixed with fantasy, though, and I LOVE Terry Pratchett!

I've been experimenting with different writing mediums lately. I've moved away from trying to write proper stories for a while and I've been most interested in making films with my friends. I like making short skits because everything is more fluid in front of the camera.

I think I just need to get my head down and WORK if I want to write anything. Hopefully, this group will get me fired up!

Oh, and before I forget, I DO NOT LIKE BAD ENGLISH.

You have been warned.

Does reading dumb signatures make you feel powerful in some way?
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 1:31 PM
Hi, I'm Ann, or North, I answer to both. I'm currently 1/4 of the way through my first novel, a semi-medieval fantasy for young adults.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:46 PM
Hi everyone, I thought I should stop by and introduce myself.
I'm Sarah, or Cev, I don't mind which. I write original stories and fan fiction and have always been writing in some form since I was quite young.
At the moment I've got a few projects on the go, but can't seem to get really into any of them. Ah well...
So... that's me I guess.
Instructor
#44 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:25 AM
I'm Chelle, I'm 22, and I write.

I write fan fiction (Star Trek: Voyager and X-Men primarily, I'm a 7/C shipper and a R/G shipper respectively) primarily, but I do write some other stuff, mostly poetry. Basically what happens is I get an idea in my head and I don't think of anything else until it gets put to paper. I also tend to obsessively write until either: I'm spent and can't type any more, or the story has played itself out to my satsifaction. I just finished one today called The Cadet and the Borg.

I'm also someone's mommy - I think she'll write someday, too, she's got a fantastic imagination!

You can keep your knight in shining armor. I'll take my country boy in turn-out gear!
Proud single mom, firefighter's girl, and beautifully imperfect person.
Avatar is me (tall girl), my Abbi (short girl in hat), and my boyfriend James (lone man) at Abbi's Kindergarten Graduation last May.
Instructor
#46 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 8:03 PM
Hello everyone, I'm Elice and I'm a writer, "Hi Elise.", I love writing in third person, and I find it extremely difficult to do it in first person point of view. I hate when people make a story and show their character's thoughts, I like it better when their thought's are told in the writing and not "'I wish school would end now' Jimmy thought while walking." more of " Jimmy was really hoping the bell would ring to get out of school." But of course if it was first person, then it's completely fine.

I also have an obsession to collect words from the dictionary, I'll actually read a dictionary if it ever comes to it. Even though I gain new words to my vocabulary, I hardly use them while talking, only in my writing. I am currently writing fan fiction, but I have two stories, three if you count my epic poem, in mind, but I kind of turned them into comics because of my love for art.

I actually got into writing because of my poetry, which started my epic poem. I've been drawing since the age of seven and actually had random ideas of comics that have been written yet never drawn. I have two main comics in mind that I've yet to draw anything for, but I'm serious about. I'm probably forgetting some more stuff, but I'll post it later when and if my poor memory allows me to.

I have cacophobia, hobophobia, menophobia, tremophobia, levophobia, dextrophobia, and phobophobia. I manage...
My city =D
Come Join me and become the ultimate Miss Bimbo =3
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it ~Voltaire
Mad Poster
#47 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 3:30 PM
I'm Cassie I usually write in first person...Then again most of the stuff I read is in first person
I find third person...Weird. It took all my strength on my story I posted in the Sims Stories to be third person...'Cept for one of the chapters
I write in microsoft word...And I have a website.
www.randomstoriesc.weebly.com
I think that's all

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Banned
#48 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 1:34 AM
Why hello there. Just call me Torako. Or "Her Royal Highness the Empress of Lala Land" if you don't like typing. :D

Aaaanyway, I'man aspiring writer, not even 18. I write in Microsoft Word 07 which isn't that bad. I recently finished a 220-page work (8 1/2 by 11 paper... I didn't print it out) with about 47,000 words. I'm not kidding. It's pretty good too, if I do say so myself. I write fiction, mostly stuff centering around 4 characters that my friend and I formulated (that kind of sounds like I experimented in a lab...)

I also do short stories (as in short short SHORT stories), some of them only 2-3 pages long, but I like to do them detailed then. My other ones, the 200-something page ones, they are not as detailed. I hope to learn from the people here! In both simming, creating, and writing!

I also do a bit of poetry and I like to write songs lyrics, but not the actual notes, although I do read music and play piano . If you're interested I can post a short story based on Edward Allen Poe's "Eulalie", which is about a sad guy who falls in love with a beautiful lady and isn't depressed anymore (I'm not the greatest person at putting long poems in a nutshell.)

Anyway, see you around.
Test Subject
#49 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 3:36 AM
I'm Stacy. I'm 28 (so yeah, pretty old). I'm married and have four cats and my job is taking pictures of rental properties and putting out supra locks and signs and things.

I like all sorts of writing, although I'm afraid that Sims stories have spoiled me and I'd have a hard time writing full text without pictures. I think I tend to write best when I write horror or just bizarre silly stuff. I read a lot of Edgar Allan Poe as a kid, and it shows.

When I finish Valley (shameless plug - it's linked in my sig) I'm going to take the characters and the basic idea and see if I can turn it into a full text short story or maybe a novel.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 11:17 AM
well... I'm Jessie/Jess/Candiiee/Candy/Cand (or 'OI! YOU!') and I've written two poems that have ended up in books. *realises this is a bit mild compared to those who are writing/have written novels* but I am trying to write a story that doesn't suck. Mostly the plot moves too fast... so, I'm picking out random things (like my alarm clock or something like that) and describing them in great and glorious detail until I'm so bored I can't move. Bleh. I'm getting fed up of doing that.

English Translation - Hi.

Page 2 of 3