Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#26 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 2:09 AM
Am I the only one that notices "oldbar" doesn't fix it? It changes it to look like the old bar, but say I type in the word, "torrent" in the address bar. As I write torrent, I expect the URL <link removed> to be suggested. Instead, it suggests "<link removed>", thinking I'll want that instead, because it's similar. WTF!
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 3:54 AM
Oldbar only changes the physical appearance. You are right it doesn't change the way the search actually works. However, you aren't getting more hits because the sites are similar. The search engine searches titles as well as urls. The other site has the word in its title.

Please don't link to sites which support illegal activity. The discussion of legal torrents or torrents in general is fine, because torrents aren't illegal. However, those sites both openly support and distribute pirated materials, which is definitely not ok.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 3:56 AM
HATE. IT. does anyone know how to get the old one back?

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Field Researcher
#29 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 12:46 PM
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html

You can download Firefox 2 from there :D
Forum Resident
#30 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 3:49 PM
ewwwww...that is all.....not only is google sync..not compatible and we have to use firefox links or something like that but its more ugly....
Theorist
#31 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 4:10 PM
you have to keep in mind, if you wait a little bit, most of the incompatible add-ons will be made compatible. It isn't as if FF3 will NEVER be able to run your favorite extensions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
Forum Resident
#32 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 6:38 PM
The new address bar is what irritates me the most... I had a very specific list of sites that I visit all the time and I don't like to have other sites in that list and it got rid of all of them and it won't save like it did with the old one.
Thank you Anyerfillag. :D

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Scholar
#33 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 8:21 PM
I downloaded it and I love it - huge address bar and all!
Scholar
#34 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 9:02 AM
I hate it! Too damn slow.
Theorist
#35 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 12:51 AM
photo, isn't that precisely the purpose bookmarks are for? So you can save links to all the sites you visit the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?

Page 2 of 2