Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 6:29 AM
I really like this idea! Thanks, Delphy.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 10:44 AM Last edited by chrissy6930 : 10th Jan 2009 at 2:16 PM.
cool idea Delphy!

am having a question though:

would like to allow my stuff for use with lots uplaoded to free sites excluding the exchange. only the free site/ not exchange shows up under upload policy and thus makes the impression that I appreciate reuploading my stuff elsewhere.

could you please clarify?

More build mode, plants, lights and pet stuff by me can be found at
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 5:48 PM
Indeed this is true becuase it's talking about where the stuff can be uploaded to - if you think about it you are actually allowing your stuff to be re-uploaded elsewhere if you allow it to be included in Lots on the exchange. This is obviously slightly different from somebody else claiming it's thiers, but in combination with the Lot checkboxes I think it's clear to most creators what is meant.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Indeed this is true becuase it's talking about where the stuff can be uploaded to - if you think about it you are actually allowing your stuff to be re-uploaded elsewhere if you allow it to be included in Lots on the exchange. This is obviously slightly different from somebody else claiming it's thiers, but in combination with the Lot checkboxes I think it's clear to most creators what is meant.

tyty Delphy!

More build mode, plants, lights and pet stuff by me can be found at
#30 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 4:17 AM
Nice, thanks for this Delphy ^^;

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my Soul!
MOAVGproductions Youtube channel, subscribe to it!
MOAVGproductions blog/site
Official Facebook page, like it!
Alchemist
#31 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 8:38 AM
I noticed it some days ago and already played with this feature, it's great and works perfectly. Thanks D.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#32 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 5:12 PM
I love these little policies, and it is really easy to read. I did notice however there was a small discrepancy with them. In the General Terms section at the bottom the first check box says "Credit me with a link." but displays to everyone else as "Please give credit when using my work." The part asking for a link is missing!
Not actually evil.
#33 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 10:07 PM
Delphy - In the mesh section, could you please add a checkbox or radio button for "You may modify my meshes"? I give people permission to do this, but can't currently indicate it in my policy. Thanks!

Phaenoh's right, it should say "link" explicitly.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
The ModFather
retired moderator
#34 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 10:13 PM
I usually allow including my creations in lots, as long as the lots are uploaded only to free sites (no Exchange).

Therefore, in the General Terms, I've checked:
- Upload to Free sites only
- Do not upload to the Exchange!

And then I checked also
- You may include my meshes with lots
- You may include my recolours with lots.

Question: doesn't it seem that the General Terms actually allow reposting my creation to free sites, even if not included in a lot?
I'd be less worried if in the General Terms there was a checkbox reading "Don't repost my stuff anywhere"...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#35 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 10:32 PM
Numenor: I don't see the problem? You have ticked the "Free sites only and do not upload to the exchange"... which is what you want...

If you think about it, people *are* posting your stuff when they include it in Lots. How else would they include it?

The ModFather
retired moderator
#36 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 12:27 AM
Of course you're right; probably I was unclear, sorry.

Don't you think that the options described above may be misunderstood, in good faith or on purpose?
If, for example, I were incined to allow reposting my stuff (included or NOT included in lots) to any free site, I should check the same options...
After all, the General Terms (as well all other sections) apply to *my* creations, not to the other user's lot; therefore the mentioned options could be (mis)understood as "Upload [my creations] to Free sites only" etc.

Am I paranoic?

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Mad Poster
#37 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 12:39 AM
Nice! Thanks, Delphy.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#38 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 6:29 AM
Numenor, I guess I'm taking it as a given that creators do not repost other creators work as thier own - anybody who does that usually gets a whole ton of grief from people...

The ModFather
retired moderator
#39 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 8:52 AM
You're right again. And I'm just a little paranoic

Test Subject
#40 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 3:06 PM Last edited by DeePsGrrl : 16th Jan 2009 at 3:13 PM. Reason: :)
I wanted to say thank you, I hope to upload soon and quite honestly this is one thing that has been holding me back from doing so. So thank you for making the process more simple. Now I just need pic's to be easier. haha.

p.s. you have done amazing work to the website Delphy, and those who have helped him.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 3:38 PM
Cool idea!

What's a "Zmobie attack"? You could leave that typo, I find it very amusing.

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Mad Poster
#42 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 7:27 PM
Any chance you could add a tick-box for whether or not a creator takes requests?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#43 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 2:43 AM
Great idea fakepeeps! I was just thinking about this earlier today. I was looking for a creator's policy on requests, as folks were spamming their thread with requests. Thanks for reading my mind. :P

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#44 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 3:08 AM
MTS2 does not have any specific areas or sections for requests - the only possible requests are via PM. Thus, I don't really see the need to add this to the standard policies since then people will assume they can put requests anywhere which is obviously not the case.

Requests (as with anything special) should therefore go in the normal text at the top and not in the Standardised policies.

Forum Resident
#45 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 11:30 AM
Thanks! Very handy!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Scholar
#46 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 4:43 PM
Just for clarification:

What exactly is meant with 'unrelated projects'?

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 5:57 PM
Works terrifically- Thanks!
Test Subject
#48 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 3:13 AM
Absolutely brilliant idea - THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 8:29 AM
Splendid idea.

Tears rain, everytime your mouth opens with pain.
Not actually evil.
#50 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 11:04 PM
Still hoping for a "You may / may not modify my meshes" option.
I want folks to know they can modify my clothing meshes, with credit.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Page 2 of 3