Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 7:06 PM
yes this is great!
now i can find lots without cc much easier, thanks Delphy ^_^

and i just changed all my upload without any problems ^_~

xXx Babbel

Visit my Dreamwidth for my latested uploads!
~Babbelsim~
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 1:11 AM
This has mess up everything! There is lots of download missing now and some downloads were from people who don't log on anymore! Will we still be able to get those downloads soon?
Not actually evil.
#53 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 1:32 AM
BUG REPORT - only 1st page of filtered downloads shows for me

The "next page" and "2 3 4 etc." links do not work correctly when filtering is used. As an example, I looked at BodyShop -> Clothing, filtered with age: child and outfit type: top or bottom. The numbered links said there were 3 pages of downloads, but when I clicked the "next" link or the "2" or "3" links, I got a page with 0 downloads. Regardless of bumps along the way, which are to be expected, this is still a totally awesome rockin' change.

SUGGESTION

If this would not be too much trouble, could some of us volunteer to add search tags to the content of creators who have been inactive for years? Not all of it obviously, but if I find something I like and the creator hasn't tagged it and hasn't logged in forever, could I volunteer to tag it?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Scholar
#54 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 2:48 AM
Can we get an option to set the EP/SP needed markers back to the original size? the new bigger sizes are great and all but there really distracting and take up alot of room...(also...the happy holiday stuff icon dosnt show up for me...i always get a red x with the words Happy Holiday Stuff... :s)
other than that; great! i love the new search feature! so much win
Not actually evil.
#55 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 3:15 AM
BUG REPORT (minor) - search flag check boxes in upload manager

The search flag check boxes get unchecked in the upload manager if I'm in Preview and go back to Main Text to change something. Not a big deal, just a minor annoyance, but if it could be easily fixed, I'd be grateful. Thanks!

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#56 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 9:31 AM
Vampchick, as I noted in the first post, if you actually try filtering using these options, then you will only get downloads that the creators have actually updated. Otherwise, if you browse normally, then all downloads will show up. So, there isn't a problem and it hasn't "messed up everything".

CatOfEvilGenius: Thanks for the bug reports, I'll look into them now.

sim~obsessor: I've made the icons slightly smaller on the List view style (which is the only place in the download manager they appeared full size).

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#57 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 9:48 AM
CatOfEvilGenius: Page navigation while having search filters applied should work correctly again now.

Not actually evil.
#58 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
CatOfEvilGenius: Page navigation while having search filters applied should work correctly again now.
Indeed it does, thanks.

Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#59 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 1:49 PM
Thanks Delphy for this update!
I have just noticed 2 objects placed at a wrong place under my profile page.
In "Buy Mod"/"by Room"/"Bedroom" I found my high chair and some recolors of my potty chair.

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#60 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 4:25 PM
Thats where you put them Maylin... I only moved items to the nursery section that had nursery in the title. Can you provide links to the items in question and we'll move them? Thanks

Field Researcher
#61 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:23 PM
Great job, Delphy!

However, I'm curious about two things:
1) What are the "top" threads displayed on the start page? I clicked on one an it wasn' t featured nor picked, was uploaded more than a year ago and the last coment was also about a year old. What makes a thread a "top thread" ?

2) Is it better to check the "none" checkbox or leave neiter checked when none of the options apply? Does it make a difference in returned results?
Test Subject
#62 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 6:52 PM
I don't like the advert as much as everyone esle, I too can understand why it's there.

But the "rotating banner" needs too go!! I hate reading something, just to have the page jump up and down is very annoying and plays with the eyes. Might give people headaches if they're trying too read tutorial or something..just my opinion.
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#63 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Thats where you put them Maylin... I only moved items to the nursery section that had nursery in the title. Can you provide links to the items in question and we'll move them? Thanks

Sometimes, I am so stupid!!
Here is the link for the High chair: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=205465
and for the potty chair:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=200169
Thanks a lot for your help, Delphy!

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#64 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:00 PM
Timman: I have tested the rotating banner in multiple browsers at multiple normal resolutions - the page does not "jump up and down" all the time unless you have your browser window set pretty narrow. At 1024 width and above (indeed, at around 950+ pixels), there is no bouncing.

As this site is designed with a minimum resolution of 1024x768 in mind, I will not remove features that are useful, reduce clutter and are only a "problem" to a very few percent of the memberbase.

Try running the browser window full screen.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#65 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:03 PM
-Maylin- Both threads have now been moved. Thanks

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#66 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:13 PM
So is this where I should see tick boxes to update categories on my uploads when I edit? (see left side)

To make it look like the download page? (see right side)

edit: I've tried in FF3, Safari, and Opera. And I've logged out.
Not actually evil.
#67 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:32 PM
HugeLunatic Just click the "Edit" button on your threads. Go to "Main Text". Scroll down. You'll see all the check boxes.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#68 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:43 PM
HugeLunatic, the search parameters are only in some forums... hence the blank space where you see the Download Summary box in Edit Post post. However, that has highlighted the fact that it's, well, a blank box.. and shouldn't appear.... So now thats fixed.

Thanks!

Test Subject
#69 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:45 PM
Is it right that challange uploads cannot be flagged? I have three challlange uploads, neither of which I am able to flag. I was able to flag another non-challange upload.
I just want to be sure that it isn't me doing it horribly wrong.

Great changes by the way!

Edit: And while I was writing it got explained. Typical
Not actually evil.
#70 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:10 PM
BUG (minor) Search flag check boxes get unticked when this happens:

1) I upload something, search check boxes are checked, ok at this point...
2) It gets accepted, shows up in Downloads, search flags show up fine at this point...
3) I edit the thread for the first time since acceptance, all search flag check boxes get unchecked.

On subsequent edits, search check boxes DO stay checked, it's just the 1st edit that has the problem.

Mad Poster
#71 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 9:15 PM
I'm having problems with this. I can't get the search flags to stick during the initial upload. I check all the appropriate boxes, but after approval there are no search flags. I have to manually edit the post after approval to get them to show up.
Inventor
#72 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
BUG (minor)1) I upload something, search check boxes are checked, ok at this point...
2) It gets accepted, shows up in Downloads, search flags show up fine at this point...
3) I edit the thread for the first time since acceptance, all search flag check boxes get unchecked.

On subsequent edits, search check boxes DO stay checked, it's just the 1st edit that has the problem.

I had the same problem. It's not unique.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 11:14 PM
Is there any way any of these Search parameters could be applied to the Creator Challenge uploads? Since they are all lumped into a challenge category, they don't come up in upload-type searches - lots, objects, hacks, clothes, etc. It would be great if we could specify what kinds of uploads they are.

Sorry if this was mentioned already, I only had time to skim the whole thread.

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#74 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 3:19 PM
Thanks for the reports and especially to CatOfEvilGenius for the details.

I've fixed the following issues in the upload wizard:

1. Search paramters do not "save" properly which switching between pages in the upload manager
2. Search parameters are not applied to the real thread once it is submitted
3. Search parameters do not appear in the Preview screen
4. On the screen that asks for seach parameters, missing any of them off would result in the entire list being cleared.

I have confirmed that this works and keeps the search parameters after upload.

musiquefille, We are still evaluating the rest of the site for application of other search parameters.

Inventor
#75 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 4:22 PM
Now I can't wait to upload something new.
Page 3 of 5