Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 8:56 PM Last edited by Winterhart : 15th Jul 2008 at 9:00 PM. Reason: add text
[QUOTE=Mootilda]The pseudo-road looks more fuzzy than when you were using the "over the road" technique?

Oops, it's fuzzy either way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you put a pseudo-road on the floor above the real road, can you see the pseudo-road in the neighborhood view in EPs from Seasons on? If not, there's no use in trying to adjust the elevation of the road. If so, I'll try to find that tutorial on getting a 1-click difference between two levels.

I'm not sure I understood how to put a road a floor above. Could you double check the steps that I did in my last post?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
One more thing. In a previous post you said, If removing the road (with lot adjuster?) works, it might lead us to a new solution for your problem - one which might work with later EPs.

How exactly do you remove a road with LotAdjuster? The only way I know to remove a road is with moveobjects deleting the tiles. Is there another way. If so, that might be the solution.

Thank you for your time

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#27 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 9:44 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 15th Jul 2008 at 9:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
Oops, it's fuzzy either way.
Then, it sounds like this is the technique to use.

I'm not sure I understood how to put a road a floor above. Could you double check the steps that I did in my last post?
Yes, it sounds like you followed the correct steps. After placing the floor tiles, you can remove the (unnecessary) walls. However, this is no longer relevant, since I've confirmed that the technique doesn't produce a working pseudo-road... sims can't overcome the "cliff", even when the two levels are at the same elevation.

How exactly do you remove a road with LotAdjuster? The only way I know to remove a road is with moveobjects deleting the tiles. Is there another way. If so, that might be the solution.
In the LotAdjuster advanced options, check "add and remove roads". The road checkboxes beside the numeric up-down controls will become enabled. Uncheck the checkbox for the road that you want to remove. You should also be able to shrink on that side at the same time.

I believe that this technique should work for all EPs. Good luck and let me know if you need any further help.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Then, it sounds like this is the technique to use.

Yes, it sounds like you followed the correct steps. After placing the floor tiles, you can remove the (unnecessary) walls. However, this is no longer relevant, since I've confirmed that the technique doesn't produce a working pseudo-road... sims can't overcome the "cliff", even when the two levels are at the same elevation.

But it does make a pseudo road visible in neighborhood view? If so is it fuzzy or nice and clear? I don't it to be a working road. I use "walk to lot" in Bon Voyage. I know this may sound really picky but I only need one dirt road visible in the neighborhood.

Thank you for your time

Site Helper
#29 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 6:20 AM
Yes, the pseudo-road is visible in the neighborhood view, when running all EPs. Sorry, I don't have a picture and I changed the lot back when I realized that the 1-click up pseudo-road caused problems with vehicle traffic. I was able to see a tiny bit of the regular road at the edges of the pseudo-road, which might make the road seem less "fussy"... try it yourself and see what you think.

Check out my previous post for a link to the tutorial on how to make a 1-click wall.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 7:03 AM
Thank you

Mad Poster
#31 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 9:08 AM Last edited by niol : 16th Jul 2008 at 12:37 PM.
strcmp results by wiki about differences between the EP4 and EP5 versions of the neighbourhood and lotskirt shaders, I found no differences related to "layer" values. The latter shader has only an additional function with same layer value as its counterpart, so it doesn't matter at all.

Neighborhoodswvs shader had no change at all between these 2 EPs.

but anyway, the quotes are to hold the extracted layer infos

Quote: Originally posted by Floor shader

seti gridLayer 3 # since EP0
seti gridLayer 5 # since EP2
seti gridLayer 13 # since EP4
seti floorLayer 0 # since EP0
seti floorLayer -4 # since EP2

seti previewLayer 0 # -28

FloorShaders()
shader -layer $floorLayer

FixedFunctionFloorShader()

# gridMaterial -- composites the alpha grid texture over the normal floor texture
# NOTE: In order to guarantee this is drawn on top of the normal floor tile textures, the layer has to be higher than that for the normal floor textures.

TileGridMaterial()
shader -layer $gridLayer

# inverseGridMaterial -- composites the inverse of the alpha grid texture over the normal floor texture
# NOTE: In order to guarantee this is drawn on top of the normal floor tile textures, the layer has to be higher than that for the normal floor textures.

define InverseTileGridMaterial()
#trace "$currentMaterialName inverse tile grid material"
shader -layer $gridLayer

TileLocalGridMaterial()
# 7/26/04 This material should only be reinstated if the cursor moves a part that causes visible damage to be updated with respect to where it is moved. Marking all the terrain tiles with this modifiedEachFrameHint is too slow. For now this material is disabled.
shader -layer $gridLayer

ffDepthOffset 2 # above the shadow/overlay layer.

tileShaderMayLevel_0
addParam scLayer $previewLayer

tileShaderMayNotLevel_0

materialDefinition tileShaderMayLevel_0
setDefinition SolidColorMaterial
addParam color (0,1,0)
end

materialDefinition tileShaderMayNotLevel_0
addParam color (1,0,0)
end

materialDefinition tileShaderMayLevel_0_
addParam depthOffset 2
addParam color (0,1,0)
end

materialDefinition tileShaderMayNotLevel_0_
addParam depthOffset 2
addParam color (1,0,0)
end

materialDefinition floor_oak_seethrough
setDefinition FloorReflective
addParam stdMatLayer 2
addParam stdMatBaseTextureName floor-oak
addParam reflectStrength .3
end

materialDefinition floor_mountainFogTile
setDefinition FloorReflective
addParam stdMatLayer 2
addParam stdMatBaseTextureName floor-mountainFogTile
addParam reflectStrength .1
end

Quote: Originally posted by FloorPS shader
PixelShaderFloorsWithShadowMapping()

DX9GaussianFilterShadowMap()
# render this at the end
shader -layer +999

PixelShaderFloors(normalMapping)

Quote: Originally posted by Imposter shader
# NOTE: because imposters are generated by
# rendering the lot to textures, all imposter
# textures effectively have pre-multiplied alpha.

#layer ID of neighborhood terrain canvas
seti nhoodCanvasLayer -8

ImposterDualPackedSliceMaterial()
shader -layer (($stdMatLayer * 8))

ImposterTerrainMaterial()
shader -layer (($nhoodCanvasLayer + 5)* 8)

ImposterWallMaterial()
shader -layer ($stdMatLayer * 8)

ImposterRoofMaterial()
shader -layer ($stdMatLayer * 8)

Quote: Originally posted by Lotskirt shader
seti lotSkirtLayer -6

LotSkirtMaterialDefinitionFF()
shader -layer ($lotSkirtLayer * 8)

LotSkirtMaterialDefinitionVSPS1()
### the added def from EP4 to EP5

LotSkirtRoadMaterialDefinition()

LotSkirtBoundaryClipMaterial()
shader -layer (($lotSkirtLayer - 1) * 8)

Quote: Originally posted by Neighbourhood shader
# layers
# normal shadows are layer 2 (after opaques), tree shadows are moved to -2 to make them
# render to the first buffer. Tree shadows (-2) do not show up on fields (7).
seti nhoodWaterLayer 1
seti nhoodCanvasLayer -8
seti nhoodTreeShadowLayer -2

NeighborhoodCanvas()
shader -layer (($nhoodCanvasLayer) * 8)

NeighborhoodCanvasStraddle()
# Used for those triangles in the canvas which are partially under water.
# material for reflection camera
shader -layer (($nhoodCanvasLayer) * 8)
#material for standard camera
#shader -layer (-128)
shader -layer (-128)
NeighborhoodWaterTerrain()
shader -layer (($nhoodCanvasLayer + 2) * 8)

NeighborhoodTerrainPaintShader()
shader -layer (($nhoodCanvasLayer + 1) * 8)

NeighborhoodWater()
shader -layer $nhoodWaterLayer
shader -layer ($nhoodWaterLayer)
#<shader -layer ($nhoodWaterLayer)

# The layer ID for this should be lower than "nhoodWaterLayer" Id because we want the farther side of the water box should be
# drawn as well.
# the layer ID of any under-water objects (so
NeighborhoodWaterEdge()
shader -layer (($nhoodWaterLayer - 1) * 8)

NeighborhoodTerrainEdge()
shader -layer (($nhoodCanvasLayer + 13) * 8)

NHoodTerrainLighting()
shader -layer (($nhoodCanvasLayer + 3) * 8)

NHoodTerrainHighlightMaterial()
shader -layer (($nhoodCanvasLayer + 9) * 8)

NHoodTerrainOutlineHighlightMaterial()
shader -layer (($nhoodCanvasLayer + 10) * 8)

PartiallyUnderWaterMaterial()
UnderWaterShadingMaterial()
shader -layer (($nhoodCanvasLayer + 4) * 8)

ImposterArrowMaterial()
shader -layer (($nhoodCanvasLayer + 11) * 8)

NeighborhoodTreeGUOBMaterial()
shader -layer $nhoodTreeShadowLayer

NeighborhoodBuildingMaterial()
shader -layer 0

# make tree shadows render to an opaque (but blended layer) so they drop into the static layer
# this overrides the texture name and alpha blend level.
# rectangular shadows are used by the car shadows, until can pass the existing texture name onto the material,
# leave those shadows as transparent layer 7 that will get alpha sorted, etc.

materialDefinition plesiosaur_skin_material
materialDefinition neighborhood_bouyside_material
# setDefinition StandardMaterial
setDefinition PartiallyUnderWaterMaterial
# these are mvoing objects, need to be at or above layer 0
addParam nhoodCanvasLayer -4

LotSkirtWater()

LotSkirtWaterNoReflection()
shader -layer ($nhoodWaterLayer)

Quote: Originally posted by Neighborhoodroads shader
seti nhoodRoadLayer -1

NHoodRoadMaterialDef()
shader -layer ($nhoodRoadLayer * 8)

Quote: Originally posted by Terrain shader
seti terrainMatLayer -2

TerrainCanvasShader()
shader -layer (($terrainMatLayer - 3) * 8)

TerrainPaintShaderVS_PS()
shader -layer (($terrainMatLayer - 2) * 8)

TerrainPaintShader(addDetail)
shader -layer (($terrainMatLayer - 2) * 8)

TerrainLighting()
shader -layer (($terrainMatLayer - 1) * 8)

TerrainToolThumbnail()
shader -layer ($terrainMatLayer * 8)

TerrainWaterShader(withBumpMap)
shader -layer 1

TerrainWaterFrozen()
shader -layer 1

TerrainSnowShader()
TerrainSnowFF()
shader -layer 0
TerrainSnow()
shader -layer 1

XRayCursorMaterial()
shader -layer (0)

LightSnow()
shader -layer (-1)

LightSnow()
shader -layer (-1)
#if the above shader fails for some reason
shader -layer (-1)

GeneralSnowMaterialFF()
shader -layer ($stdMatLayer)

puddle_liquid_rain
setDefinition GeneralReflectiveMaterial
addParam stdMatLayer 0
addParam stdMatAddLayer -10

puddle_liquid_blue
setDefinition GeneralReflectiveMaterial
addParam stdMatLayer 0
addParam stdMatAddLayer -10

Even if the concerned layer values are not stored in these shaders, it never means they cannot be stored in yet other shaders.

I'm gonna check the floor and related shaders later... since road tiles can be layered by them too.

added:
It seems only the value of the floor layer has been changed significantly and relevantly to our quest. However, the change started from EP2.
It's not saying the others are irrelevant, but they're background infos to show how these materials for lots and neighbourhood and some of their components show up for what we see eventually.

It's not automatically saying that the change in floor tile layer must be the answer, and it takes probably some tests to confirm. I need at least 2-3 volunteers with game copies of at least up to EP2, 3, 4, 5 separately to try a testing mod I'll post later. One can use Numenor's AGS or BGS
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250555
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=107015

refs:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...alk:ShaderFloor
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...k:ShaderFloorPS
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ShaderImposters
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...:ShaderLotskirt
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...derNeighborhood
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ighborhoodroads
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...k:ShaderTerrain
Mad Poster
#32 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 11:15 AM Last edited by niol : 16th Jul 2008 at 12:24 PM.
Winterhart,

can you tell me which game versions exactly you used to draw the conclusion that the change happened between EP4 and EP5? or actually you meant " with EP5, differences on the presentation were noticed"?
Mad Poster
#33 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 3:10 PM Last edited by niol : 16th Jul 2008 at 8:26 PM.
Default testings on floorlayer=0 for EP2 and above
I need at least 2-3 volunteers with game copies of at least up to EP2 or any higher separately to try to follow Winterhart's approach to make lot road appear in the neighbourhood view. One can use Numenor's AGS or BGS
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250555
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=107015

I'm unsure from which game version the change started, but based on the rationale relying on the floorlayer value in floor shader.

Thus, I've made 2 versions. one is for EPs 2 and 3 while the another one is for all the upper. Appropriately use either version each time.
download here in this post

There's no difference between EP1 and the base game for this shader, so there's no test on EP1 or further test on the base game coz it has no problem for this purpose.
Site Helper
#34 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by niol
I need at least 2-3 volunteers with game copies of at least up to EP2 or any higher separately to try to follow Winterhart's approach to make lot road appear in the neighbourhood view.
I'm going to opt out of this one. I've found and tested a fairly simple technique which I find satisfactory (pseudo-road on lot which doesn't overlap neighborhood road) and I don't really understand enough about what you're doing with the textures to be very helpful. I suppose that I should write up a quick tutorial before I forget.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 3:12 AM
I'm unsure from which game version the change started, but based on the rationale relying on the floorlayer value in floor shader.

The change started in Seasons.

Thank you for your continued work on this. I really appreciate it. :P

Mad Poster
#36 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 9:13 AM
Since the "pseudo-road on lot" works well, I can save further effort on this.
Site Helper
#37 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 4:50 PM
Actually, it sounds like Winterhart would prefer a change to the textures in the neighborhood view, since my technique appears somewhat "fuzzy" in the neighborhood view.

If you feel like you're on to something good, then it may be worth working on. However, if you feel like you've hit a brick wall, then it's probably because the change occurs inside the game EXE and there's really nothing else that can be done.

Besides, aren't real dirt roads sort of "fuzzy"?
Mad Poster
#38 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 7:23 PM
Actually, it sounds like Winterhart would prefer a change to the textures in the neighborhood view, since my technique appears somewhat "fuzzy" in the neighborhood view.

If you feel like you're on to something good, then it may be worth working on. However, if you feel like you've hit a brick wall, then it's probably because the change occurs inside the game EXE and there's really nothing else that can be done.

Besides, aren't real dirt roads sort of "fuzzy"?

if Winterhart is eager enough, one can try default replacements on all the neighbourhood roads.

true, if the mod I made doesn't work, the definition may be in other more primitive shaders or other files and the worst the exe file which we can't help legally. so, chances are, one has to wait for or find someone else to help see if it's accomplishable.

Dirt roads are normally fuzzy, yet that kind of fuzziness may not be Winterhart's cup of tea unfortunately.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 9:03 PM Last edited by Winterhart : 18th Jul 2008 at 3:38 AM. Reason: update
Default very eager
if Winterhart is eager enough, one can try default replacements on all the neighbourhood roads.

Winterhart (she by the way) is very eager but lacks the knowledge or ability. Stev84's country roads mod is great but only it changes it all to dirt and then I have the same problem getting paved roads where I want them.

Dirt roads are normally fuzzy, yet that kind of fuzziness may not be Winterhart's cup of tea unfortunately.

I don't care much for tea either but I can learn to live with it.

can you tell me which game versions exactly you used to draw the conclusion that the change happened between EP4 and EP5? or actually you meant " with EP5, differences on the presentation were noticed"?

I have Base Game, Night Life, OFB, Seasons and Bon Voyage. I tested them in the following combinations.

1. All of them together.
2. each one separately.
3. Base Game + Nightlife + OFB
4. Base Game + Seasons only
5. Base Game + Bon Voyage only

I need at least 2-3 volunteers with game copies of at least up to EP2, 3, 4, 5 separately to try a testing mod I'll post later. One can use Numenor's AGS or BGS

I just downloaded your your testing mods. I assume they just go in my downloads folder. I'll try them out and let you know what happens.

I put each of them in the correct download folders. Neither one seemed to have any effect in the game.

Do you want me to package the test lots and post them for you?

Change of topic sort of here. I found V1nd1care's tutorial on how to make 0,1,2, or 3 click walls. My problem is I don't know how to use CFE and his tutorial assumes that you do.

Is there a step by step with pictures tutorial for CFE?

I really appreciate all the time and effort everyone is putting into this for me. :lovestruc

Site Helper
#40 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 9:27 PM
I have Base Game, Night Life, OFB, Seasons and Bon Voyage.
So, it's possible that the change occurred in Pets, rather than in Seasons. Does that help, niol?

I think that MikeInside has some of the best tutorials for CFE:
http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/

Might want to start with "Simple half-walls" in the "Advanced Building" area.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#41 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 10:20 PM
Default Pets vs Seasons
So, it's possible that the change occurred in Pets, rather than in Seasons.

This sounds like an excuse for me to go buy Pets just to see. If it is in Pets could the solution be in the carryforward files in from Pets to Seasons? I don't know if that's the right name for the file and I couldn't find it again just now in SimPE.

Site Helper
#42 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 10:46 PM
This sounds like an excuse for me to go buy Pets just to see.
Oh, no. You don't have to go that far. If it's just a question of Pets vs Seasons, I can certainly run that one test. I just didn't want to be fooling around with a lot of different tests, trying to figure out exactly where the change occurred.

However, I believe that niol can do the same kind of diff that he did before, and determine whether anything useful changed between Pets and Seasons.

I honestly don't know enough about textures and shaders to be helpful in interpreting the diffs, or in suggesting a fix in this area. My specialty is really lot files.

Note: niol will be unavailable for a little while. Why don't you fool around with CFE while you're waiting for a response?
Mad Poster
#43 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 5:10 AM
Winterhart (she by the way) is very eager but lacks the knowledge or ability. Stev84's country roads mod is great but only it changes it all to dirt and then I have the same problem getting paved roads where I want them.
I don't care much for tea either but I can learn to live with it.

Now, if you're a mature adult, may I ask you out for a tea-time? :lovestruc

I have Base Game, Night Life, OFB, Seasons and Bon Voyage. I tested them in the following combinations.

1. All of them together.
2. each one separately.
3. Base Game + Nightlife + OFB
4. Base Game + Seasons only
5. Base Game + Bon Voyage only

So, it's possible that the change occurred in Pets, rather than in Seasons. Does that help, niol?

This sounds like an excuse for me to go buy Pets just to see. If it is in Pets could the solution be in the carryforward files in from Pets to Seasons? I don't know if that's the right name for the file and I couldn't find it again just now in SimPE.

Maybe, it's just that I got confused with what I found and what I read.
At least, this can really narrow down the scope with higher certainty.
And as Mootilda said, this can reduce the amount of tests.

In this case, I can only pinpont at the graphical layer concept coz it seems it makes the most sense to me. I'm aware that the setting can be at somewhere else.
1. An opaque higher layer will be drawn on the screen completely blocking any lower layers.
2. However with alph-transparency, the values of the pixels from higher and lower layers will be "blended"/"averaged"/"mixed".
3. There can be >1 way to "blend"/"avaerage"/"mix".
4. may just do simple addition maths to know which layer get drawn (solely or more or first) in the the area(s) defined by the 2D lines of 3D meshes (the visual illusion of a sense of 3D by means of dynamic 2D lining)
5. in TS2. normally, a horizontal storey layer (as seen in build tool mode, the storey button at the most lefty side of a normally presented game on the screen) will be a larger/outter layer nest than the groups of vertical plain (parallel-able to the screen) layers based on the distance from the main camera (the view point of the simulated observer, presumably the users, us). This has something to do with basic physic optical, simple psychology for the human eyes, some geometry maths, etc.

I just downloaded your your testing mods. I assume they just go in my downloads folder. I'll try them out and let you know what happens.

Quote: Originally posted by niol @ post 33 here
Thus, I've made 2 versions. one is for EPs 2 and 3 while the another one is for all the upper. Appropriately use either version each time.
download here in this post

There's no difference between EP1 and the base game for this shader, so there's no test on EP1 or further test on the base game coz it has no problem for this purpose.

Do you want me to package the test lots and post them for you?

Maybe also with the neighbourhood file with a game version label.

Change of topic sort of here. I found V1nd1care's tutorial on how to make 0,1,2, or 3 click walls. My problem is I don't know how to use CFE and his tutorial assumes that you do.

For additional delights,
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...&user_id=197655
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...&user_id=197655
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#44 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 1:40 AM Last edited by Winterhart : 19th Jul 2008 at 1:45 AM. Reason: Add files
Default Neighborhoods and mods and shaders oh my
Now, if you're a mature adult, may I ask you out for a tea-time? :lovestruc

Are you flirting with me dear?
You might be surprise at just how "mature" I am. I might have children older than you.

Maybe also with the neighbourhood file with a game version label.

Shader Test Steps

Created 2 Mini Games using Numenor's AGS. one for NL+OFB and one for SSN+BV. Used the same following steps for each version.

1.Created 2x2 lot
2.Entered lot and place a tree on it.
3.Saved lot and exited game.
4.Ran LA Version 1.1.1 and expanded the lot over the road by 1
5.Re-entered lot and removed tree.
6.Activated moveobjects on cheat
7.Put down Composite Ground Cover $4 over road tiles.
8.Exited lot to view result.
9.Packaged lot for niol

Used the same process to test Terrain Paint by changing step # 7 to remove road tiles and using Park Bark $1.

I further tested commercial lots in the same way.

There were no unexpected results for NL+OFB. The roads show up in the neighborhood view with no problem other than being fuzzy.But as I said I'll learn to live with that.

Sorry to say there were no unexpected results for SSN+BV. The roads did not show up in neighborhood view.

I have packaged the lots and copied the neighborhood files into the rar file. I hope they help.

I am probably only going to be posting once a day for awhile. My husband is feeling neglected.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Shader Test.rar (4.96 MB, 5 downloads) - View custom content

Mad Poster
#45 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 5:58 AM
Are you flirting with me dear?
You might be surprise at just how "mature" I am. I might have children older than you.

I am probably only going to be posting once a day for awhile. My husband is feeling neglected.

lol, you apparently don't know I'm perverted for ladies more mature ...
surely, why not having a 3-some tea-time ?
this way your husband won't feel neglected at the same time...

Shader Test Steps

Created 2 Mini Games using Numenor's AGS. one for NL+OFB and one for SSN+BV. Used the same following steps for each version.

1.Created 2x2 lot
2.Entered lot and place a tree on it.
3.Saved lot and exited game.
4.Ran LA Version 1.1.1 and expanded the lot over the road by 1
5.Re-entered lot and removed tree.
6.Activated moveobjects on cheat
7.Put down Composite Ground Cover $4 over road tiles.
8.Exited lot to view result.
9.Packaged lot for niol

Used the same process to test Terrain Paint by changing step # 7 to remove road tiles and using Park Bark $1.

I further tested commercial lots in the same way.

There were no unexpected results for NL+OFB. The roads show up in the neighborhood view with no problem other than being fuzzy.But as I said I'll learn to live with that.

Sorry to say there were no unexpected results for SSN+BV. The roads did not show up in neighborhood view.

I have packaged the lots and copied the neighborhood files into the rar file. I hope they help.

gonna have to dig some other shaders and re-analyse more on the listed shaders to eliminate their sufficient relevancy.
Site Helper
#46 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 3:11 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 24th Jul 2008 at 3:25 PM.
Has anyone made any more progress on this issue?

Winterhart, it would be nice if you could create a tutorial for your technique "How to create a very-large lot by breaking it into smaller sections". I am often asked about how to create lots which are larger than the 6x6 limit and I'd love to be able to point them to a detailed tutorial with pictures. For example, here is someone who may be interested in your technique:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...041#post1988041

It seems that your technique might solve both of her problems:
- very large lots
- oddly shaped lots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#47 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 8:22 PM
Default Tutorials
[QUOTE=Mootilda]
Winterhart, it would be nice if you could create a tutorial for your technique "How to create a very-large lot by breaking it into smaller sections".
[\quote]
Oh dear, that means I'll have to get ........ORGANIZED and really do something Thank you. Maybe I will build my house and use it for the tutorial.
I have already started on the lot roads do you think I should combine the lot roads and large lots? I get back to work on it.

Site Helper
#48 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 9:21 PM
I have already started on the lot roads do you think I should combine the lot roads and large lots?
In general, I think that these would be better as two separate tutorials, but I'd definitely prefer to see them combined than to see no tutorials at all.

I can easily see people who want single lots with different roads, or multiple lots with standard roads. If you decide to combine the two tutorials, perhaps you could point out which steps are required for the two different techniques?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#49 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 10:05 PM
Default Tutorials
2 it is.

Mad Poster
#50 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 4:10 AM
not much from my end, a search with "layer" thru other shaders got me nowhere close to the ones already listed here.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Page 2 of 3