Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 9:38 PM
Default Changes to the Creator scorecard, navbar, and new Favourites system
Hi All,

Today I am unvieling yet more coding improvement and changes to the overal MTS2 backend. These are split into 3 seperate groups:

Creator Scorecard changes:

As all of you creators will know, you have a scorecard linked from your profile that enables you to see statistics about the uploads you have here, as well as graphs and other details. I have made the following improvements to the scorecard:
  • A Quick Jump has been added the top, to permit easier jumping to sections further down the scorecard - this is especially useful for creators with a lot of downloads who now don't need to scroll.
  • Section headings have been added
  • Graphs are now cached. The main graph is cached once every 6 hours, resulting in much speedier scorecard generation on subsequent refreshes.
  • New graphing functionality in the way of individual day charts has been added. This shows downloads split across all uploads. This is also cached and is only available for days prior to the current day.
  • A graph icon has been added to the left of each individual download entry in the Downloads list, and clicking on this gives you the statistics for that individual download.
  • A Faves column has been added, to show you how many people have added that download to thier Favourites list.
  • A new note has been added under the Download list to describe the Faves column.
  • The number of featured downloads has been split into a seperate box called Statistics. Also in this box is the number of people who have added you as a Favourite Creator and something else.

MTS2 Navbar:

As you can see at the top of the page, I have added a second news line to the Navbar. This is to highlight news items of a more technical nature rather than overall site policy/rule changes since the latter happens less often than the former.

Favourites system:

I've added a new system here on MTS2 called "Favourites". This works in a similar manner to the subscribe system but is geared towards tracking downloads and creators. It is split into 2:

Favourite Downloads:

This system lets you add a particular download to your "Favourites" list. This will increment that creators "Faves" for that download by 1, and in the future there will also be the ability to display your "Favourite Creations" on your profile, so you can showcase other peoples MTS2 uploads that you enjoy.

Favourite Creations may be added at any time by clicking the "Add to Favourites" link in the box underneath Thanks on any download page.

Favourite Creators:

This system lets you add a particular Creator to your Favourites list, so if you have a list of creators you regularly check for new uploads, you may add them to this list. In the future, this system will be extended, but I am not going to go into any details as it's under wraps.

Favourite Creators may be added at any time by going to a Creators profile and clicking the link underneath thier avatar.

Favourites may be removed at any time and appear in your Favourites screen. This is accessable from the User Tools popup you see in the top right of every page.

Final Thoughts:

I hope that you all enjoy these changes to the site, and please let me know if you encounter any bugs or things not working properly. As I mentioned I will be extending the systems in the future, too.

Have a nice day on MTS2!

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
53 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 9:57 PM
Great updates :]
I'm glad that we can now 'Favourite' uploads/creators.
Thank you. :]
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:07 PM
great - it good to have two news lines - if there was two news in day then i could find quickly
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:15 PM
Sounds cool! I'm think I'm going to go and favourite a few things to see how the system works.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:19 PM Last edited by Sarkisssian : 24th Jul 2007 at 10:42 PM.
much more efficient Delphy ...
helpful indeed, thanks for your everlasting efforts.

Since there a new column (favorites) ...
one more addition should be considered;
adding MOST FAVORITED after most thanked and most downloaded

just a suggestion...

GenoPosts.com - a RIGHT does NOT die as long as it has A claimer ...
Alchemist
#6 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:20 PM
You have to get up early in the morning to beat Delphy (unless you have a stick).

I tried to add myself as a favorite creator... and the system caught me.

This is pretty cool, Delphy. I really like the daily scorecard breakout by package.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:27 PM Last edited by corvidophile2 : 24th Jul 2007 at 10:46 PM.
That's really great, both the scorecard additions and the "favorites" thing.
Thanks!
It's been a while that the scorecard wouldnt load for me but now it's alright again.

You will find my older and newest creations here
Scholar
#8 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:27 PM
Thank you! I really like the new features, but I do have a question, under "interesting statistics" it says: 6 out of 10 aliens downloaded your Petite Victorian Starter Home
What does that mean?

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Instructor
#9 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:34 PM Last edited by Sims2Lvr005 : 24th Jul 2007 at 10:44 PM.
OOH, I love the changes, awesome job Delphy!!

--I also thought the downtime "interesting fact" was hilarious, I did know that less then 1% of the human population has natural red hair, because I'm one of them! HAha

Please do not re-upload my houses or Sims anywhere, even if it is just refurnished.

Thank you for your consideration.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:35 PM
For me it was womrats Christine LOL

i guess it's just something to giggle with.Which i did.

edit:oh it changes each time, i ;'m gonna have serious fun with it lol

You will find my older and newest creations here
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#11 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:41 PM
thanks so much for the favorites Delphy! *hugs*

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Instructor
#12 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:43 PM
I love the new features, thanks Delphy!

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:44 PM
Wow, I'm LOVING these changes, I LOVE those statistics and graphs, now there's even more interesting stuff to look at in the scorecard.

That's great, I really LOVE that!

Thanks
The ModFather
retired moderator
#14 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Christine11778
under "interesting statistics" it says: 6 out of 10 aliens downloaded your Petite Victorian Starter Home
What does that mean?

It means exactly what it reads... It's a very interesting statistic, isn't it?
If you want to understand better, keep refreshing the page, looking again at the statistics

Delphy, the new scorecard is much more usable, the graphs are wonderful (as they already were) and the quick jump links are handy!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:58 PM
Me loves it!!! Thank you Delphy for the great additons!

PS: Corvi, for the statistics I got pregnant sim males and elves. I guess we could call them funny interesting statistics too. :D
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#16 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 11:03 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 24th Jul 2007 at 11:35 PM.
Thanksthisisgreat! I love statistics =)

I have one suggestion: would it be possible to display the individual graphs (for specific days / downloads) in 1:1 size per default? Right now they get scaled to fit the browser window, which in my case results in a lot of flyshit size text. Not a big deal, it would just save that one extra click per view for some people.

The Favourites system is a great idea. I look forward to being able to check out the favourites of favourites of favourites of favourites of mine .. "Have a nice day on MTS2" indeed.

Actually, another suggestion: perhaps it would be more 150% obvious how it is meant to work if the fave option would *not* show up on our own downloads? I first saw it on one of my own threads and thought it's a new and improved Personal Picks option.

All of the new stuff seems to work nicely with prehistoric browsers, too =)

ETA, one tiny issue: whatever it is that generates the graph.php PNGs, it can't digest special characters. I see &quot;s in a lot of titles.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 11:09 PM
cool! very efficient and useful! I was wondering when a type of subscribe system would appear.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Scholar
#18 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 11:24 PM
I'm really amazed of the time and the work you're developping to make this place a warm and welcoming place. Thank you.

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#19 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 11:34 PM
This sounds cool!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#20 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 12:21 AM
I love it! Lots of fun! Is it possible to see, for a particular creator, who/what they've marked as their favourites?

Also... Servos have been downloading my wading pool? Wouldn't they rust..?
Instructor
#21 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 12:27 AM
I freaking love this! Thanks a ton.

Teddy bears have downloaded the hanging quilts and rugs? Hmmmm.

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Instructor
#22 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 12:40 AM
Excellent features! Thank you, Delphy.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 12:40 AM
Very cool update, thanks Delphi!

So far I've found out that dogs, llamas, penguins and womrats have downloaded my lots. Seems like we are being appreciated by the whole zoo.

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 1:07 AM
Great upgrade. I like the Favourite system.

Te
Instructor
#25 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 1:32 AM
brilliant even the interesting statistics are accurate i alway knew there was something happening in the town where i live.

Interesting statistics

featured downloads
8 out of 10 zombies downloaded your mere manor

Please dont upload my creations to paysites.
But please feel free to use
ANY other way you like

Page 1 of 6