Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by niol
Lol, I tend to think it's the fishtank responsible to the whitish highlight on the carpet for the fish-tank pic coz the fish tank is a decorative weak light-emitting device in TS2.

As for the other two, I don't see the weather effects are acting inside the building....
No pile or accumulation...

Note that there'll still be some weather effect between the roof and the camera for the distance realism.

See now you just want to blame it on that beeeeutiful fish tank Maxis gave us! lol I don't bother to fix these dorms up too much because I try to get in and get out quick as possible. I don't think there is anything all that great about University other than they get better jobs. I had 4 families of 8 well combined cousins, etc..there and took me almost three months human time to graduate them. So boring. At least now my chittlens soon as they enter start getting kidnapped for the SS because all their parents are members, their aunts, uncles, grandparents...so that's one less thing I have to bother with. Oh and zooming in with the roof up does work if I get really close to them like a blind bat to get rid of weather, so thank you all for that suggestion. Now on to get rid of the outerwear problem...heavy sigh doing my best sim pose.

Oo I have another problem it's water, since I installed seasons. Can you please take a look at these pics and give me any suggestions you have on how to take care of it? Another pesky thing to me. This is where all my people live in Veronaville. I just took a pic of each end. There is no water on these lots like waterfalls or ponds, so I don't know where it's coming from.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 9:50 AM Last edited by niol : 17th Mar 2007 at 6:19 PM.
Plants like trees and shrubs now have more states in Seasons... So, when SS is seeking out the presently-non-existed states from the custom ones, it causes lack of textural reference error, aka the blue flashing...
The yucky thing is that Maxis didn't enable a new layer for snow addition, colour mask, etc... from my view point .

Maxis has messed up the swim pool caustic animation and the pool surface material as well from what I've seen. Oh, at least true for my video cards...
They could have make the old OFB ones as fallbacks for caustic animations, pool surface, mirror-reflection, etc...

BTW, this thread may tell more about the Seasons...
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...=148&startRow=1

if one couldn't wait for the seasons update for simpe, one has to find all those new related structural contents from the 3D folder and incorporate these new states files in to their custom plants and fix all the references by oneself!

Veronaville neighbourhood is infamous for its low land line to the water line..., so adding lots with lowered terrain will get the neighbourhood terrain lowered enough for flooding! esp... for areas near the neighbourhood waery regions...
May read this
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=107988
And if one feels like to take advantage of the "problem"... , read the following...
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...ad.php?t=184564
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 10:41 PM
Thank you for all that information. It works, if I just tried it. If I go in and make a fake lot or put a house there, then raise the back terrain. What a pain pfft. I wish we could just move some of our people to different cities. I don't understand why college kids have to go back to the same city, maybe there is a better job in another city. They can visit other cities, buy community lots in other cities, but can't live in them... makes no sense. My city is growing like the blob, family wants Sims...crime rate is going to go through the roof. Schools are going to go downhill, etc...I'm thinking little LA lol
Mad Poster
#54 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 2:14 AM
PegasusDiana,
buy them an empty lot and move them into the lot bin, but this will break all of their relationships from other sims in the neighbourhood.

Move to another neighbourhood, you'll see them in the lot bin.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Page 3 of 3