Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 7:28 PM
I have been a member for about a year now (It will be a year next month), so this makes no difference to me, I didn't even know that you COULD download without being a member. lol Anyway, this is perfectly reasonable. This is a wonderful, generous website.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 7:50 PM
Amen & Thanks Delphy!
Test Subject
#53 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 7:54 PM
Why not have some mirrors for the downloads.
Scholar
#54 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 8:33 PM
I have contributed to this site for over a year now - more than all I've spent on the Games and Expansion Packs. I think that this is money very well spent, since this site is the very best of pay or non-pay sites.

Let's keep it a free site and keep Delphy alive! But if you can contribute to keep the site up and running well, do so!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 8:49 PM
I have to say that as a person who avoids registering anywhere and has been stung with hidden membership tricks before, MTS2 is the best! Takes like 1 minute to register, no hidden agenda, and no cost. I love MTS2!
Test Subject
#56 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 9:07 PM
Hello, long time visitor, 1st time registered. I really don't see why it's such a problem to register, it's not like you have to pay. I should've joined months ago.
It's truly something to appreciate, not buy (like some other sites).
Although if you can help, I don't see why you shouldn't.
Forum Resident
#57 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 9:17 PM
Ha! Just wait until you start recieving spam from Delphy's company "Used Panties R US" which is apparently branching out to include used bras.
Test Subject
#58 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 9:34 PM
I just wanted to say that I love this site. I havent posted anything but thanks and such. never uploaded........<hangs head in shame>..............

I have been a member since I first found the site. thanks to all the uploaders for their wonderful work, and to MTS2 for being here
Test Subject
#59 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 10:01 PM
Like many others, I thought you had to register to download. I always click "thanks" on the items I d/l as I d/l them. I am a stay-at-home mom so my disposable income is very limited. I wouldn't have much of anything in my d/l folder if this place was a pay site.

My deepest thanks and gratitude for the donators of both content and money.

Now, off to click on some ads..
Test Subject
#60 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 10:02 PM
Downloads don't seem to be available to all members...
As my title suggest....I've been a member here for awhile but since this change went into effect I can't seem to download anything....tried several different items with no success....should I re-register perhaps? thanks, tgdry6
Forum Resident
#61 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 10:12 PM
Downloads are down right now. You should see the announcement at the top of every page.
Test Subject
#62 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 10:29 PM
*Pouts* Now I have to remember my username, I was rather fond of being lazy XD

However, I think its an awesome idea to have to register first ^__^ I know, I was looking for AGES to find a good place before coming here oo;; I literally think this is the best place on the web (then again, anything that can feed the addiction is a good place XD)
#63 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 10:39 PM Last edited by evilerci : 13th Dec 2005 at 10:58 PM.
Hmm, i registered the first time i found this site (totally painless, just ignore the people in suits who start following you). I'm like a lot of ppl i thought you had to be registered to download at all (and not to be rude it would seem wrong to me to download without registering and thanking the ppl who made this fine content). :nod:
Field Researcher
#64 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 10:58 PM
Perfectly reasonable to have to be a registered member. Didn't realize you all got money from the ads. I will definitely have to click on some, is that all that needs to be done, or do we need to do something else for the ad to generate income?
I want to thank everyone here for being so generous with your talents, help always freely given, time and energies. This is one of the best Sim places, if not THE best Sim place on the net. Thank you thank you thank you.
Test Subject
#65 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 10:58 PM
I joined here a long time ago, but never posted. Probably because I have nothing useful to say,lol. Thank you to all your hard work Delphy and to all the talented creators here.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 11:09 PM
I thought this was in effect since the site opened? Oh well, I try to make stuff to uplaod onto the site but it never turns out good, and if it's clothing item persay, I would want more then one thing to go with it...

Dance little star! Dance!
Check out my uber cool site!!! http://xentariorpg.bravehost.com/
Not a sims 2 site ;)
Test Subject
#67 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 11:26 PM
I registered as soon as i discovered MTS2 :D

I love it here, and check in about 4 or 5 times a day maybe more.

TSR really pisses me off being a paysite i hate those kinda sims sites . Especially when your looking for something specific and it just happens to be stuck in the non free rotation grrrrr.

I want the helios doors by windkeeper but in all the 3 weeks or so i been looking they have never been free.

Here at MTS2 i dont have to worry about waiting for things to rotate, coz they are always free :D

This site is the best yet :D

Thanks Delphy, and all the creators.

BTW Ive uploaded one item thus far but didnt get any response kinda made me shy to do it again LOL

Moda's Mz Sim-mitry
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#68 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 12:06 AM
Delphy, I did find the supporter info (with the outdated statistics)

I didn't see anything about 'the servers' -> "All the servers are on the About page"

Maybe it would be helpful for folks to see a summary of what's involved - the number of servers we have running and the costs and a rough number of page views and downloads per day or something. Many just take this all for granted and have no idea how big, complex or expensive it is. If you put a date on it, then maybe you can just update it when there are major changes. (I know, the major changes keep you busy with other things, lol)

Then you can include the specific - how we can help keep things running - click on a google ad, make a one time donation, or become a supporter....
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#69 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 12:38 AM
Tig, I managed to find this page in the wiki explaining the site's setup: http://www1.modthesims2.com/wiki/About.
Banned
#70 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carol6552
I will definitely have to click on some, is that all that needs to be done, or do we need to do something else for the ad to generate income?
Just click. Of course, you should only click an ad if you're actually interested in the thing that's been advertised
Field Researcher
#71 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 1:18 AM Last edited by RealHogsFan : 26th Dec 2005 at 5:53 PM.
Well, I think it is a fine decision

i love this site so much, it's my IE start page :D. this is usually one of the first places i stop when i'm online
Test Subject
#72 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 1:19 AM
Good Move, just read all of this now, I am glad to be registered, and Im glad that I found this site before this kicked in though, otherwise, I wouldn't know about all of these awesome mods and my favorite, new meshes, I will have to tell my buds who come here as guests, so expect a lot of new Starwars requests, :laugh:
*Joins the circle to protect Delphi*
Do you have to download firefox, cause I allready have it, to get the buck to you guys because I love it here :moose:

AK47s aren't dangerous unless you make them that way.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#73 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 1:28 AM
I was having problems *finding* the firefox reference - is it the little button on the bottom of the front page that we need to click and then do the install?
Test Subject
#74 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 1:30 AM
Thank you for having such high standards set, and enforced, for uploading.

Thank you all (and I do mean all) for making this site comfortable to be on, easy to navigate, and fun to interact with others.

I know I've said it before. It's worth saying again.

As to the original post of members only. Heck. If I put all that effort into creating something I for da--uhm--I'd really like to know who was using it and if it worked well.

You get what you give.
Test Subject
#75 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 1:35 AM
I agree with everyone. It's not a pain to sign up for MTS2 - so, meh, I don't see a problem with it. o_O

Anyone want a muffin while I'm here? I just made them.
mmm.. chocolate chip.

Sometimes. When I'm alone.. I look at pictures of shaved squirrels.. >_>
Page 3 of 10