Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 10:50 PM
My MTS Debut! Feedback on my First Creation?
Hello! I've just uploaded my first creation to the website and thought I'd ask for some more concentrated feedback here. I'm not one to really build in my Sims game from the ground up, so I'm essentially getting my feet wet in more ways than one.

You can find my creation here: https://modthesims.info/d/644426/bu...ee-cc-free.html

Thanks for checking it out, it would be nice to get some pointers from more experienced contributors!

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 11:36 PM
I do not play Sims 4 but I think this looks very nice overall. I like the colors you used. I am not sure how spacing is in Sims 4 but in sims 3 I always try to make sure to playtest so sims can reach and use all objects. I think a pergola above your entry courtyard would have been nice(if it is even possible you can create that in Sims 4). You have landscaping concentrated in some places around the outside but in other places it seems sparse.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 8:41 AM
I never thought of a pergola, that's a good idea! Not sure if I can build one in the Sims 4, either. You're right about my landscaping, I could have added more around the lot. Part of me was concerned of having it look too 'busy'. I might tinker with it a little more, see what I can add that doesn't look too much. Thanks for the advice! I play tested it with an autonomous Sim before upload, but certainly should go through the lot more thoroughly with a controlled Sim. (I was too burnt out at the time to test it more than what I did, admittedly. Scandalous!)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 8:48 PM
I took your advice and adjusted certain items in the Lot so that Sims don't have any trouble using them. (The tea machine was a constant puzzlement, despite being placed clearly on the counter they just couldn't seem to brew it...) I also did a small bit of dressing to the outside. It's not much, but I do think it looks a bit better, thank you.

Thankfully only three items needed adjusting, so they might be in slightly different positions than what my initial screenshots show. Should I upload new screenshots of the whole lot once again to show this, or can I leave the pictures the way they are? I don't know how pedantic CC creators and downloaders are. (Lord knows I'm the master of pedantism!)

Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#5 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 1:56 PM Last edited by fascisthater : 7th Jul 2020 at 2:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by xSwitchback
I took your advice and adjusted certain items in the Lot so that Sims don't have any trouble using them. (The tea machine was a constant puzzlement, despite being placed clearly on the counter they just couldn't seem to brew it...) I also did a small bit of dressing to the outside. It's not much, but I do think it looks a bit better, thank you.

Thankfully only three items needed adjusting, so they might be in slightly different positions than what my initial screenshots show. Should I upload new screenshots of the whole lot once again to show this, or can I leave the pictures the way they are? I don't know how pedantic CC creators and downloaders are. (Lord knows I'm the master of pedantism!)

I believe if you are making a different version of an approved lot- that I think has to go through the queue to be approved and should reflect an accurate depiction lot size,price and screenshots of the changes you have made(I think you also have to request they be merged). It is up to you whether or not you want to resubmit this lot with changes though. You can always get feedback on any creation before submitting in the future if you have concerns or would like input about your creations. There are also some building groups you can join if you want to learn to improve building skills found under social groups Link

Edited to add- I didn't see before posting that you had already reuploaded this.