Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

QuickWrite by MIKYA - Write Songs and Books Faster

by MIKYA Posted 30th Apr 2020 at 8:59 PM - Updated 20th Apr 2024 at 12:21 AM by MIKYA

101 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 64 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st May 2020 at 11:06 AM
Hi Mikya, thanks very much for this, I'm just about to try the super speed version. I'm assuming you can only have one version of each file in the game at once. I'm also assuming it would clash with Telford's Faster songwriting mod. Would I be right??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2020 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KevBoothEnglish
Hi Mikya, thanks very much for this, I'm just about to try the super speed version. I'm assuming you can only have one version of each file in the game at once. I'm also assuming it would clash with Telford's Faster songwriting mod. Would I be right??

Hello! Of course, I’m very happy that you’re interested! Yes, only one version of each file can be used at a time because they all modify the same resources.
It would definitely clash with Telford’s, I just looked it up and they used the same as well. You have two files that modify the same resources, you’re gonna have a bad time! Lol, but I hope you enjoy the super speed :^)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th May 2020 at 3:29 PM
Hello from Austria ,)

Well, first of all thank you very much for this mod. I'm glad to see your mod because in the past tense I used the mod created by Coolspear for this. But Coolspear didn't share any updates since the November Patch and so it's great to have your mod as an alternative. Thanks!

Secondly a question pls.: Would it be possible for you to create mods like "Faster Making Murals & Grafitti & Masterpiece Murals (City Living EP)", "Faster Programming" and "Video Station Faster Recording & Editing (Get Famous EP)"? This would be very useful and needed (for me ;) ) .
"
Best regards
Eve
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2020 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyeve
Hello from Austria ,)

Well, first of all thank you very much for this mod. I'm glad to see your mod because in the past tense I used the mod created by Coolspear for this. But Coolspear didn't share any updates since the November Patch and so it's great to have your mod as an alternative. Thanks!

Secondly a question pls.: Would it be possible for you to create mods like "Faster Making Murals & Grafitti & Masterpiece Murals (City Living EP)", "Faster Programming" and "Video Station Faster Recording & Editing (Get Famous EP)"? This would be very useful and needed (for me ) .
"
Best regards
Eve

hello! i’m very glad it’s helpful, i heard people saying that some of the past faster writing mods hadn’t been updated and thought this type of mod would be useful to share with others! thank you for your comment :^)

in regards to your question, as far as i’m aware those operate in the same way that writing songs and books does, so it’s very likely i could make those mods, i’ve been turning the idea over in my head so i’m happy you made the suggestion :^) i’ll take a peek at the tuning and see what i can do! :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th May 2020 at 12:08 PM
@Mikya

Thank you so much for your answer and your help. Yesterday I tested this mod and it works perfect. You did a fantastic job - thanks

Best regards and stay safe!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th May 2020 at 8:11 PM
@Mikya

Thank you so much for your answer and your help. Yesterday I tested this mod and it works perfect. You did a fantastic job - thanks

Best regards and stay safe!

of course, i'm so glad! it makes me very happy to know that people are finding it useful. and right back at you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th May 2020 at 3:34 PM
Hello from Austria ,)

Secondly a question pls.: Would it be possible for you to create mods like "Faster Making Murals & Grafitti & Masterpiece Murals (City Living EP)", "Faster Programming" and "Video Station Faster Recording & Editing (Get Famous EP)"? This would be very useful and needed (for me ) .
"
Best regards
Eve

Hello again Eve! I thought I’d reply to your comment again to let you know that my faster video station mod is now on the site!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th May 2020 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CustomChannelMaker
I have always loved having my sims write books. I love this mod thank u!

thank you, i'm so glad to hear it! enjoy
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 2:43 PM
@MIKYA

Sorry for late reply but I only saw your comment about the "Faster Video Station Mod" today. A lot of thanks to you Well, I hope that the incoming patch tomorrow will not affect your mods.

Stay safe and best regards from Austria
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 2:45 PM
@MIKYA

Sorry for late reply but I only saw your comment about the "Faster Video Station Mod" today. A lot of thanks to you Well, I hope that the incoming patch tomorrow will not affect your mods.

Stay safe and best regards from Austria

No problem! And Thank you, if my mods are affected I will be taking care of them immediately so no one will have to worry about that
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 8:27 PM
OMG, thank you sooo much for the fast update. I love your work! Just a little question pls: You wrote that you updated both of your mods. But I can't see an update note on the faster video station mod
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 10:15 PM
Wow, thanks for updating so fast! I love your mod!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 10:16 PM
OMG, thank you sooo much for the fast update. I love your work! Just a little question pls: You wrote that you updated both of your mods. But I can't see an update note on the faster video station mod

I'm glad you enjoyed and very happy I could fix it fast enough! and you are so right, I actually had the editing page pulled up and the new text and files uploaded and I thought I had posted it before I closed my laptop but the update is now live, my apologies for the inconvenience :')
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bshag4lv
Wow, thanks for updating so fast! I love your mod!

This was my main priority today I'm so happy you enjoy!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 11:24 AM
@MIKYA

Thank you very much for your answer
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 9:34 PM
Thanks for updating, I don't get why EA has to break everything every time they make changes. It's like they're reinventing the wheel every update.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Krud
Thanks for updating, I don't get why EA has to break everything every time they make changes. It's like they're reinventing the wheel every update.

Of course! It just has to do with changing the system’s code in the game itself to be more efficient, except... sometimes it isn’t so efficient with this one they attempted to fix a writing error but it’s still occurring! But at least with this it doesn’t take 84 years only to find out a sim’s book is unfinishable :P
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 9:02 PM
Than you so much for the update!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 1:34 PM
Thanks for the update!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 7:16 PM
I'll use it well. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 1:47 AM
Does this need an update for the July Patch? Thank you!
Instructor
#23 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 9:49 AM
@Nightingale21

I have this mod installed, I have the Nifty Knitting addon and my game is fully patched. I don't have any problems with this mod. Hope, that helps
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 12:15 AM
@Nightingale21

I have this mod installed, I have the Nifty Knitting addon and my game is fully patched. I don't have any problems with this mod. Hope, that helps

Thank you so much for telling me!

Just a lady who loves books, video games, cosplay and modeling! Feel free to add and befriend me: https://www.facebook.com/Nightingale211/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nightingale21
Does this need an update for the July Patch? Thank you!

Yes it works! I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner!

@Nightingale21

Thank you for coming to the rescue!
Page 1 of 5