Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 7:56 PM
Default Recovering data from dying hard drive?
My 5 1/2 yr old internal HDD is dying. A week ago it started refusing to boot, so I took it out, put it in a working computer and ran a scan. The scan failed to complete due to "too many bad sectors", which I gather is a preeetty bad sign. I've bought a replacement drive and have kept the problem drive unplugged, but unfortunately (because I am very very dumb ) I don't have any backups of the data that was on it, which includes all my TS2/TS3 files, including a rather sizeable CC collection accumulated over nearly 10 years. Obviously I'd really like to retrieve as much as possible from the drive, however much that turns out to be.

So I'm looking for advice as to which of the many data recovery software options would be the best at saving me from my own stupidity, and which I should avoid. Any other relevant tips and/or tricks would be also greatly appreciated.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun