Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2020 at 5:13 PM
Default Zerbu's Mod Constructor V4 -- programming error despite correct version of Python
i'm attempting to make special traits for my mom, but when i go to export the package, i put in the desired file name, attempt to save it and get this message:

The file 'Mods\MIKYA_momtraits\Python/__pycache__/MIKYA_momtraits.cpython-37.pyc' does not exist. This can be caused by selecting the wrong version of Python. If you're sure you have the right version, it may be a programming error.

Python Output:

Compiling 'MIKYA_momtraits.py'...

the forward slashes look out of place, but i'm not entirely familiar with computer language so they could be right -- the tool does that part, so i dunno.

i do have the correct version of Python, 3.7.0 -- i downloaded it from the link inside the program. initially it was an incorrect version selected over the correct one, but i uninstalled that version and also reinstalled the correct version for good measure, and still, i get this error. i also tried to save to the same folder as i have python.exe, and that doesn't make a whole lot of sense as a fix anyway, so it didn't do anything to help lol. i uninstalled and reinstalled the tool, no luck. i tried running it as administrator as well, also no luck. i made sure all the tool's files were together and in their designated folders, they already were so that didn't do much either.

i'm able to run the tool fine and work in it, i just can't export packages and through searches i'm finding very little if any info on why or how to fix it. everyone who asks this question didn't get any answers, public at least, and the only things i've found have been about the tool not opening at all, when that's not the case for me.

does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this, or what i could do to fix it? any help would be much appreciated! thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th May 2020 at 5:37 PM
Did you link the Python exe in the settings of MC?
Could also be where you installed Python. Try re-installing but put it in the main drive as itself (so...something like C:/Python3.7). The installation of Python asks if you want to do it, but it's unselected by default, called "Add Python 3.7' to PATH". Don't know if that will work but worth a try.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2020 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
Did you link the Python exe in the settings of MC?
Could also be where you installed Python. Try re-installing but put it in the main drive as itself (so...something like C:/Python3.7). The installation of Python asks if you want to do it, but it's unselected by default, called "Add Python 3.7' to PATH". Don't know if that will work but worth a try.

thank you for the response! i linked the proper python.exe after finding out i linked the wrong one originally, and wound up getting another type of error. in the discord where i got help, Kuttoe told me that the second error i received happens when the package fails to export but the program doesn't 'register' it, and a solution hasn't been found so i'm unfortunately starting from scratch lol.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th May 2020 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MIKYA
thank you for the response! i linked the proper python.exe after finding out i linked the wrong one originally, and wound up getting another type of error. in the discord where i got help, Kuttoe told me that the second error i received happens when the package fails to export but the program doesn't 'register' it, and a solution hasn't been found so i'm unfortunately starting from scratch lol.

@MIKYA Which type of error? The only exporting error I am aware of has a fix, but it's possible there's a second one I'm unaware of. Here is the solution someone wrote for the error I am aware of, pinned in the server:
Quote:
When you try to export and it ''fail' the first time, because of the wrong python or whatever, when you try to export the second time, it says that you cannot save an existing file right. That's because the python of the first attempt that failed is actually saved too even though it failed. You have to go to your Zerbu mods folder and delete the python with the name of your mod.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2020 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
@MIKYA Which type of error? The only exporting error I am aware of has a fix, but it's possible there's a second one I'm unaware of. Here is the solution someone wrote for the error I am aware of, pinned in the server:

It was the error that did say “Cannot create file because it already exists” — unfortunately I didn’t see your response in time and I’ve already started over... and had a lapse in judgment that made me facepalm, using the same file name. smh at myself lol.

but I really appreciate this reply, I must’ve scrolled over that particular pin when I was sniffing around. I’m gonna keep this saved for the future!