Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 11:23 AM
Default Making a tattoo that wraps around the arm/leg.
Hi, one of my upcoming Sims needs a tattoo around his arm. I was wondering how I could make this.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 11:21 PM
You could perhaps make it an accessory tattoo, which you would clone something like base game gloves, that don't have a mesh, but use the whole body as a reference. Or you could do an XCAS full body tatttoo, which is the same principal. I don't know exactly how to do this, but I know it can be done. You may have issues on the right-side of the body due to the seam.

Some people put them directly on the skin, but that assumes you are making your own (or have permission to edit) the skin you plan to use.

You could try poking around Sims3TutorialHub to see if they have any tutes.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 12:49 AM
Yes, keep in mind the UV mapping on the Sim body and any seams you might encounter. You'd need to wrap it around just right, and even then it could look dodgy in-game.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 6:23 AM
I think the best thing would be to make it an accessory.
Instructor
#5 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 10:52 AM
Do you need the body references? You could actually pull one out of any given skin and use that. Or you can download the default ones. There is a link in this post. Just put one of them as a background and design/position your image on a layer over it. You don't include the actual body in final product. Anyway, pick apart the base-game gloves, as it's basically the same principal.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)