Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 6:08 PM
Default How do I file a complaint for a member
I am sitting here crying over being put down, ridiculed, making me feel like I am a piece of crap...like I am stupid...I'm not stupid...I just don't comprehend a lot of things that everyone else takes for granted...
I just deleted a wcif and help problem...

I won't be asking for help anymore here...never again..

Yes I ask for a lot of help...but you all don't realize that I take your comments seriously...I look at the links you all give me..I have downloaded, printed out tutorials and templates...I have a major paper clutter on my desk with EVERYTHING you all have tried to help me with...but now after that simmer22 her last 2 comments have put me in tears...and I am so sick of her/him...whoever...

If you all want to ban me fine..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 6:48 PM
Look, I'm not trying to be rude to you or anything, and I get you're struggling with all of this - and if I've offended you in any way, I'm sorry.

But I think you're also blowing this a little bit out of proportions. I and several other people have been trying to help you several times with your various projects, and maybe we're running out of ways on how to help you because nothing seems to be working - but perhaps we've just not figured out how you learn best yet.

You don't need to be printing out everything. It's all there on the web page or in the PDF, so you only need to save a link. If anything, printing out all the tutorials may be causing more confusion for you, and is very time and resource demanding. Instead, you can have the web page running in the background while you're working on something. Some PDF programs have search functions and a marking tool, which may help. If you have a program like Word, you can copy/paste in text, and mark things you've already done or things you don't understand with different text colors. It gives you a good visual without having a ton of paper to look through, and both methods are easier to search through than a stack of papers. For video tutorials, use the pause button between steps so you can try them out, and rewind if you need to see something again.

Creating is difficult in the early stages because there are so many things you have to figure out, and with TS2 creating there's often two or three programs you're dealing
with. If you're trying to learn several new things at the same time, it's even harder. Just take a little breather (because I sense your frustration level is quite high right now), then pick one single task, and go at it step by step in your own tempo. Once you're comfortable with this task (through practice), pick another, and do this task the same way (step by step, then practice). I have no idea if this will work for you, but it may be worth a try.
Unless you have someone who can physically be there to look over your shoulder and show you where to click and what to do (if you know someone with experience in image editing, you may want to try asking them for help), then I'm afraid there aren't too many other methods than videos and text/picture tutorials to find. You'll just have to figure out what works for you. I've only tried giving you some pointers, and you'll have to figure out if some (if any) works for you. Everyone learns best with different methods and in different speeds.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 6:53 PM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 24th Sep 2019 at 7:18 PM.
I print everything off so it is in front of me...do you want me to take a picture of my desk because I am just about ready to...
I have printed of topics..tutorials..so they are in front of me...
I don't want your help anymore simmer22...I won't be asking for help anymore...and this topic won't be deleted...unless someone deletes it...so I am off now to take a picture of my desk..
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 7:07 PM
Sorry for trying to help, then.

(It's honestly much easier to have the tutorial in one window to the left and the program in another to the right, or have all the programs open in the background and click to and from the tasks - but perhaps printouts work better for you. I usually save tutorials as web bookmarks or as links/PDFs in a folder on my computer, so I can easily access them).
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 7:18 PM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 24th Sep 2019 at 7:42 PM.
Here is what I do with extra money I don't have

And YOU don't think I am serious...

I have to have things right in front of me...having a ton of tabs open is not an option for me...I can't stop what I am doing look for what I need and then figure out where I stopped...but of course you wouldn't understand that...would you...
I won't be posting any more on this subject until I file that complaint against you...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 8:16 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Sep 2019 at 8:38 PM.
I think you want to learn, but the method you've chosen for reading the tutorials may not be particularly effective.

I don't think I would be able to find anything in that stack of papers other than by pure chance (but I start to struggle if there's more than 10 non-stapled papers to keep track of, hence why I prefer using a computer with a search bar and folder system).

I rarely have a ton of tabs open. When I'm using a tutorial I prefer having as few programs and tabs open as possible. I usually have the tutorial in one single tab in the web browser or open as a PDF file, and one or two programs as separate icons down on the task bar, which means I can easily access each of them by clicking the icon in the task bar, and hide them without having to close them down. I don't open every single tutorial all at once, because that wouldn't in any way be effective or easy to work with.

I know some people prefer printing out pages for read-through purposes if they're writing an essay or similar, and I've occasionally done the same (I often prefer reading on paper, but only if it's a book or not too many printed pages) but at some point it becomes ineffective and resource hogging.

Printing out tutorals mainly serves two purposes: Creating a lot of paper clutter, and forcing you to buy a lot of printing paper and ink. You don't always get the correct pictures on the same print as the text it belongs to, because printers aren't that smart, and the paper takes up a lot of space, as you've noticed. Keeping track of which tutorial is for what purpose requires either good indexing or several minutes each time going through a big stack of papers. Sometimes it can help if you prefer reading on paper, while other times (if it generates more than 20 pages - you may want to check in the print preview before hitting the print button) it may not be worth the trouble of printing out.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 8:45 PM
Take a breath, maybe have a snack. You're clearly very frustrated. It's okay. I've known Simmer22 for many years (though not personally) and she's always tried her best to help people. I'm not sure what all this is about, but I trust her intentions were genuine. You're just getting a little worked up and stressed. I've been there - creating stuff can be super hard. I can't tell you how many times I've tried and failed to understand SimPE. I've read every tutorial and I just don't get it. It's even harder once you're frustrated. Maybe there are other ways of learning if printing out won't work? Maybe someone can talk you through whatever you're working on through Skype? That way you can screen share and have someone talk you through the process, seeing what you see and what's going wrong?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 9:28 PM
I wish I had copied and pasted what she said...she degraded me...basically called me stupid...and started in on all the posts I have put up...made me feel like shit..no...
I have short term memory loss...PTSD,..I can't even leave the house very often...I get severe anxiety attacks just knowing I have to go out... I won't tell you everything...but that short term memory loss and having only a 7th grade reading level...even though I graduated from High School...tried the college 4 different states 4 different colleges...I can't comprehend didn't even get through the first semester of any of them...I am not making excuses...it's just the facts..and I am 58 years old..didn't get into computers until I was 27 years old...and the first time I got on one...I froze it up and walked out of the class room...electronics and me don't do well together...things HAVE to be right in front of me...not on the dam computer...even the phone...I won't even go on the internet on the phone...talk, some texting and taking pictures...that's it...
simmer22 don't talk to me again...I want nothing to do with someone that will make you feel like crap...just so you can feel like you are helping..you make me feel like shit...
If I get banned oh well..starting to cry again...and your not worth it...
I wish I had someone that can Skype with me to show me what I am doing wrong...I just don't trust a lot of people in my life...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 9:54 PM
Aw love, I just want to reach into the computer and give you a hug. It's okay, what was it you were trying to do and for what game?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#10 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by broomhilda61
I wish I had copied and pasted what she said...she degraded me...basically called me stupid...and started in on all the posts I have put up...

No need to have copied/pasted, staff can read what has been deleted as well as read all edit histories. What you are accusing simmer22 of is false.

They have been nothing but helpful and giving you endless help with different tutorials every time you have asked for help trying to tackle a project, even though you don't seem to have ever answered if you have actually followed the tutorials with an actual project. Her responses have always been factual and direct.

Just because you haven't grasped the concept of creation yet doesn't mean you can take out your frustrations on those who are trying to help you. Any post you feel is breaking the site rules can be reported and will be looked into by staff.
Locked thread