Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 12:56 AM
Sims University Open Basement
How did they make that open basement in the Pump You Up Gym in the Uni subneighborhood?

Screenshots
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 9:36 AM
Excuse me for being a bit rusty on ts3 these days. I can think of 2 options.
1. make a room and delete the floor, then remove the room and build the rest.
2. I remember a trick where you put down staircases to the floor below. In this case 4 steps width, then you put a foundation on top of the ground in front of the staircases, then remove the stairs and the hole stays put. Then you can remove your foundation.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 1:33 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 2:01 PM
Between this and the mansard-roof method of getting a secret sixth level, there's more things I learn every day!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 3:30 PM
Those additional levels are nice, not recommendable though, they put quite a bit of strain on the game engine. I found them quite laggy, apart from the fact that you cannot demolish them again if you want to change anything.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 4:54 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 7th Oct 2019 at 5:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Those additional levels are nice, not recommendable though, they put quite a bit of strain on the game engine. I found them quite laggy, apart from the fact that you cannot demolish them again if you want to change anything.

Really? I mostly used them as deco floors and mechanical penthouses, countered no lag.

I was able to delete the extra level using the sledgehammer.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 5:58 PM
Weird. When I tried it (with a lot by someone else) I couldn't.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 1:57 PM
Mansard roofs? I'd never thought of using those as an exploit. Aren't the mansard roofs a Store set?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Mansard roofs? I'd never thought of using those as an exploit. Aren't the mansard roofs a Store set?

Nope, just the awful basegame mansard roofs no one uses.

Place one on the top floor large enough for the flat portion to appear, and then you'll be able to place a frieze where you couldn't before.

As friezes are still technically walls, you now have an extra 'floor' to CFE with- it's mostly useful for decorative elements, or as a roof penthouse.
dodgy builder
#10 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Nope, just the awful basegame mansard roofs no one uses.

Place one on the top floor large enough for the flat portion to appear, and then you'll be able to place a frieze where you couldn't before.

As friezes are still technically walls, you now have an extra 'floor' to CFE with- it's mostly useful for decorative elements, or as a roof penthouse.

Sounds like something with a rather limited use.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Sounds like something with a rather limited use.

It's mainly for decorative/CFE use, and useful for really complex buildings (i.e. palaces).
Mad Poster
#12 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 1:59 PM
I thought you could already place friezes above the 5th level. I certainly don't remember that being a limitation. And I'd have to look for the BG mansard roof - I don't use roofs much but when I do, it's one of the generic slopular boxular rectangular ones.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
#13 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 4:24 PM
Didn't I see some tutorial on adding more floors than the limit once? I think it was combined with cfe, so must be ts3 ...
Mad Poster
#14 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 4:38 PM
Yeah there's a complicated thing where you build up normally, then raise another structure above it with CFE, then build down from that upper structure, then somehow merge the two, then do a little dance, and if you say Beetlejuice three times it'll somehow let you build 10 usable floors. It was very, very complicated.

insert signature here
dodgy builder
#15 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 7:03 PM
Yeah there's a complicated thing where you build up normally, then raise another structure above it with CFE, then build down from that upper structure, then somehow merge the two, then do a little dance, and if you say Beetlejuice three times it'll somehow let you build 10 usable floors. It was very, very complicated.

Do you have a link to the video? Could be fun to try for my world.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 10:44 PM
It was a tutorial on MTS, one I can no longer find.

insert signature here
dodgy builder
#17 Old 10th Oct 2019 at 1:26 AM
It was a tutorial on MTS, one I can no longer find.

Ok, thanks anyway