Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2020 at 12:20 PM Last edited by LadyAngel : 2nd May 2020 at 1:09 PM.
Default Problems staying logged in and browsing MTS
I was just wondering if MTS uses some kind of caching plugin? It's taken me about 10 minutes to log in today, and I've had this issue for a while now. I try to log in, but the page just keeps refreshing and I'm logged back out again. I've tried clearing browser cache and cookies, but it didn't help. It only happens on this site and it happens every time I visit, the same with my daughter. New uploads also don't show on the front page for a while, leading me to infer that MTS uses cached pages to show content. Even when I can log in successfully, when I go to visit a page I've already visited I'm showing as logged out again, but if I visit a previously un-visited page, I'm showing as logged in.

Video 1

Video 2

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 2nd May 2020 at 10:12 PM
I believe this is a glitch on site that has not quite been resolved yet. The solution that is recommended is to reload the page. I also think(not entirely sure) MTS uses a type of cookie to know that you are on site- so if you delete that cookie while attempting to fix logged in issue that may exacerbate the problem.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2020 at 6:36 PM
Ok, thanks for the clarification. Reloading the page doesn't help at all, I've tried everything. I've managed to stay logged in for a day or so now, and daren't log out again!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 5th May 2020 at 9:37 AM
Something is blocking your cookies.  Do you have some kind of "internet security" app or your cookie settings modified in your browser?  

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th May 2020 at 10:15 AM
No, nothing like that. It's just this website I have an issue with. I don't modify cookie settings and my internet security is the same one I've always used.