Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 4:36 PM
Default For binge watchers, do you have a method to the madness?
Binge watching...as unhealthy as anything else with the first word "binge" in the name, do you have any methods to your madness?

Well, I watch shows from Japan and I usually either write the episode name and number, or if the episode title is wordy (like for Sailor Moon), the number only and divide the series by season like for Sailor Moon, so R047 for the second season debut or series in the case of the Super Sentai series so 15-01 for the series debut of Jetman

Once the episode list is set up on paper, I put in the disc, set up the player and get comfortable. I check off the episodes after it ends. I take breaks to attend to my body.

I eventually finish the show with this method.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 9:27 PM
I didnt really understand that.
I just turn Netflix on or take a mental note of where I'm upto. Or if it's anime, I leave the webpage open.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I didnt really understand that.
I just turn Netflix on or take a mental note of where I'm upto. Or if it's anime, I leave the webpage open.

I make a checklist to keep track of my progress.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 10:21 AM
I rarely watch anything that isn't parted into season and episode by numbers, so most of the time it is easy to keep track. I had a see through of Star Trek a while back, which can be a tiny bit confusing with all the almost standalone series, but watching them series by series in roughly the order of original release worked fine (watched the movies last, haven't yet seen the animated series and only some of Discovery because I got sidetracked by StarTrek's adoptive cousin, The Orville).

My nephew seems to be binge watching a lot of Nickelodeon series, but there is no method to the madness. Whatever comes on is fine, preferably simultaneously watching another episode of something on his iPad. No idea how he does it...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Sep 2019 at 5:53 PM
I do forget loads of things but my memory works perfect if stories I'm interested in are included (drove a teacher once mad with this when I was 16, he's had a bad morning, so first lesson he needed someone to let his anger out. Homework was to read a story, it was an English lesson. He knew I hadn't read the story at home. Thing was I had read it, during grammar lessons in school though. It had been a few months since then but I remembered details even the teacher's pets didn't remember, the only thing I didn't know was the name of the protagonist. He chose a different victim at some point when he realized, I knew the story.) So, I can remember if I have seen an episode most of the time by looking at the title or just watching the first minute of the episode...
So, it's basically watching one after the other. What I dislike is, if I'm interrupted for a longer time, some wekks or something. Depending on how well I know the series, I start from the beginning again (If it's Two and a half men, Friends or Big Bang Theory, that's fine, I know what happened).
Now that I am waiting for season 11 of BBT to become cheaper on DVD, I know I'll buy it and try to watch all the other seasons ahead.