Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 7:56 PM
Default NGMP Resources
In my ongoing quest to do stuff with recipes, I'm revisiting the old conversation among icarus_allsorts, Arsil, and a few of us eager foodmakers regarding functional birthday/wedding cakes that use their own slices rather than default.

The conversation is here.

My confusion hinges on NGMP resources. What are they, and how do you manipulate them? I can create one, but right-clicking it doesn't present me with an editor option the way VPXYs do. Does the instance id matter? What does the game look for in these resources?

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 10:40 PM
You can edit them at least with S3PE by clicking on them, and then Grid at the bottom of the window (next to Hex and Preview). You can expand the Data tab and there is a NameHash and Instance.
Though that's just about what I can help you with as I don't really know much about them or what they are used for :P
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
Though that's just about what I can help you with as I don't really know much about them or what they are used for :P

Thank you!

I had forgotten all about that grid button until recently, when I looked up how to set cc clothes to valid for random.

In theory, that bit of forum thread should tell me what to do with the NGMP resource. I'll try it out and see. I don't think Arsil or icarus_allsorts are around anymore, so all the info is there in that thread, for better or worse.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Senior Moderator
#4 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 11:50 AM Last edited by zoe22 : 21st Nov 2020 at 4:04 PM.
I think you forgot to link the thread?
The first part of this thread Arsil talks about the NGMP resource being connected to adding items to the grocery store, and a little about how to use it so that might help, though in that case it wasn't the NGMP that was needed so there isn't loads of info.
But it might also be worth looking at the birthday cake from the bakery set in the sims 3 store, as that's technically a custom birthday cake with it's own slice. When I cloned it for my cake mod, I didn't know how to make it have its own slice, but it does use the NGMP resource actually, so it might give you some insight on how it works, and I can have a look too

Edit: so I think I found the thread you meant linked in your cc loader tutorial (the cc loader one itself) and icarus_allsorts seems to have explained how to make the custom cake with their mod including an explanation of how the store set does it, so I'm guessing you've already looked into that :P
But it seems that it has to be done with a special script then, rather than it being just loaded into the game? Are you looking to getting custom cakes working with the cook with any ingredient mod?
Senior Moderator
#5 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 8:24 PM
So I have become invested in this now :P
If are wanting to just make a buyable object cake, then I think what you need to do is have a script with a custom cake derived from the Cake, and a custom Cooking process like the store cake:
Code:
 public class BirthdayCakeBakeryCookingProcess : CookingProcess
    {
        public BirthdayCakeBakeryCookingProcess()
        {
        }

public BirthdayCakeBakeryCookingProcess(Cake cake)
            : base(Recipe.NameToRecipeHash["BSBakeBirthdayCake"], null, null, null, Recipe.MealDestination.SurfaceOrEat, Recipe.MealQuantity.Group, Recipe.MealRepetition.MakeOne, null, null, cake, null)
        {
        }
    }

public class BirthdayCakeBakery : Cake
    {
        public override void OnCreation()
        {
            base.OnCreation();
            base.CookingProcess = new BirthdayCakeBakeryCookingProcess(this);
        }
    }
And somehow the "BSBakeBirthdayCake" links to the custom slice. That's what I'm not sure about, as I don't know what that links to exactly. I couldn't find an xml with "HarvestableName" thing that icemunmum talked about. And I'm not sure what the NameHash part of NGMPs reference.
For the base game cake, it has "Cake Slice" instead of BSBakeBirthdayCake, and that's in the Recipe Master List xml, so I wonder where the store one is :P
But anyway, I do wonder if it could work to make a cc loader cake recipe like a normal dessert, and then make a custom cake object (as in one that you buy from the catalogue) with the custom script that references the <Recipe_Key> in the custom cooking process ?

Not sure if anything I'm blabbering about makes sense or is anything new to you but perhaps it is getting somewhere with something :P
Senior Moderator
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 11:59 AM
Triple posting - is that illegal :P
But anyway, by copying the code above and using KeyLimePie instead of BSBakeBirthdayCake I got this:
When you're expecting cake and get key lime pie instead...

Which I think is is hilarious and exciting so I hope this is actually helping 
Screenshots