Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 6:16 PM
Default nvidia dds plug in for photoshop for cc creation
trying to install nvidia Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop to photoshop creative cloud (giving me the dds plug in so i can make cc) and can't figure out what directory to install it in. can anyone help? thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 6:34 PM
I think you just need to let it install to Program Files. It makes a new folder and all.
Mine is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\DDS Utilities"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I think you just need to let it install to Program Files. It makes a new folder and all.
Mine is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\DDS Utilities"

which photoshop are you using? i have the new creative cloud (didn't have any trouble installing this in the old photoshop...) it wants to install in adobe photoshop cc 2015, but i read somewhere that isn't where it's supposed to go. but i couldn't figure out where they were saying to put it...
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 10:29 PM Last edited by porkypine : 6th Feb 2016 at 10:44 PM.
Easy-peazy...

The Nvidia Texture tools are self extracting and will install themselves. The same thing for the Nvidia photoshop DDS plugins and the DDS Utilities.

Here you go, Nvidia DDS plugin for Photoshop. You can get it from Nvidia but it can be a pain to find somethings....

Make sure photoshop is not running. Download this nvidia plugin Photoshop_Plugins_8.23.1101.1715.7z, unzip it and click the Photoshop_Plugins_8.23.1101.1715.exe. It will install itself for you. Just point the installation to where your photoshop file is located.

Start Photoshop. When you want to save a DDS, click file, save as and select the dds option you need.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Photoshop_Plugins_8.23.1101.1715.7z (3.81 MB, 688 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  DDS_Utilities_8.31.1127.1645.7z (9.51 MB, 535 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  NVIDIA_Texture_Tools_0.94.0716.1555.7z (4.19 MB, 510 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 3:39 AM
thanks.