Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 7:19 AM
Default Help with usb wifi dongle
I have a netgear WG111v3 on windows vista. I keep getting the error USB device not recognized. It's out of warranty so there's not much tech support for the product will do. I've been to all the forums and so many others have had this problem with netgear and other dongles. The advice given is very generic such as reinstall, contact support, plug into a different port, try on a different PC, e.c.t which I've done them all, and from the looks of it so has everyone else on these forums. The error only happens with the dongle no other USB hardware. From what I've gathered it's more a universal problem with dongles than a singular problem with this particular dongle. I was wondering if someone else here may have run into the same problem and solved it.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 12:13 PM
Did the dongle work on another computer?

USB dongles are pretty crap in general - I used to have one which I had to wrap in ice to get it to work for more than about an hour at a time. Any chance you could get a PCI-E wifi card instead?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 3:51 PM
No the same thing happened on the other computer. I got so frustrated that I threw it away. I found a way to connect my internet through my smartphone.