Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2015 at 6:16 AM
Default Should I be worried about this sudden incompatibility about my build that just appeared on PCPartPicker?
For four months, my custom build is running like a charm. Very, very happy with the whole thing. Only there's a sudden new discovery that's starting to bother me.

I was submitting a help post on the Team Fortress 2 subreddit and decided to add the link of the build's complete specs. Once I accessed the PCPartPicker link that I've saved, I saw a note that says 'Warning: These parts have potential issues/incompatibilities.'

The potential issue/incompatibility reads '1 additional PCI-Express 8-pin power connector is needed.'

When I first started the thread about the custom build and its progress, during the time I had already finalized the parts, that incompatibility message wans't there. I only accessed PCPartPicker just now four months after I got the build and this sudden incompatibility just came to me as a massive shock.

The Random Simming (Mis)Adventures: A Simblr.

Currently playing Generation Two of the Senna Legacy Currently on a hiatus.

My current and former system specs and game settings can be found here. CC, mods and Store items are listed here.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th May 2015 at 9:21 AM
Um I dont think so. You connected all the connectors on the GPU to your PSU, right? And you're not having any problems, right? If so, then I wouldn't worry about it. May just be a mistaken the PcPartPicker system.

BTW if you're still using the Samsung 840 EVO SSD, there's a somewhat important firmware update that was released last week. You should get it if you haven't already.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2015 at 5:26 AM
Thanks, man. I'm actually having the CPU cleaned and every hardware and software updated within this month. Turns out my DirectX is read by the system as 9 instead of the installed 11 (which is odd, hence that's why Open Broadcaster Software won't install and Action!'s recordings being really choppy). I'll tell them about the SSD's as well.

The Random Simming (Mis)Adventures: A Simblr.

Currently playing Generation Two of the Senna Legacy Currently on a hiatus.

My current and former system specs and game settings can be found here. CC, mods and Store items are listed here.