Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 1:46 AM Last edited by EachUisge : 10th Jul 2020 at 8:21 PM.
Default Some tattoos showing up dark in-game?
I've been making a set of white "marking" tattoos to go over my feline skin set, and it's mostly been working fine, but I've noticed that a few specific tattoo areas (lower arms, and left leg, as far as I've noticed) are showing up noticeably darker than the others. They all look the same in Sims 4 Studio, and all of them are being created exactly the same way in Clip Studio so there should be no visual difference.

Brown areas are the base skin, white/grey are the marking overlays. I'm using a separate package file for each area so the markings on each arm/leg/etc. can be mixed and matched. Markings should be overlapping seamlessly at the upper leg there, and they do with every other slot I'm using (second image below is the same problem in the lower arm slot, over another hand marking in the not-broken upper arm slot).
Is this just a bug or a known thing that happens, or is something weird going on? I can probably just adjust some levels for the problem slots to compensate if needed, but I'd rather fix it on the technical side if I can.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Khajiit Markings.rar (550.9 KB, 4 downloads)
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 10:38 AM
Please upload the packages so I can take a look.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Please upload the packages so I can take a look.

uploaded them to the main post.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 9:37 PM
You need to change the Composition Method to 1 for the parts that are showing up dark.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 1:49 AM
That did it, thank you!