Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 10:28 PM
Default Trouble getting SimPE to work on new computer
I've never had any problems with SimPE in the past, but after my hard drive said goodbye to life and I got a new one, it has just been endless trouble.

I know that the MTS rule about custom things is usually head to the creator and that site, but on the SimPE site it states that it is better to post on MTS first because replies are bound to be faster and more helpful. I had no idea where to post it, but this section seemed the most appropriate.

So. I have all EPs and SPs installed, and for some reason when I start up SimPE I get this message

I don't recall having that problem in the past. I thought it might be due to my securom avoidance technique, but it happens even if I remove that. I tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it without the securom avoidance, and it says the same. Any ideas on why it is telling me I have an EP it does not recognize?

If that was all it would not bother me, but it also randomly refuses to work. The other day it would show me this when it started

And then when I tried to enter neighbourhood browser, it would show their file paths rather than their names, and if I tried to open one, get stuck in a loop of error messages that would keep appearing (sadly I did not think to screenshot those). An hour or two later it worked fine and I was able to extract Sims, as I was going to do.

Today I realized I forgot a few Sims, and now it's the SimSurgery that stops working. I find the Sim, I try to extract, but when I name it and tell it to save it tells me this

There is clearly something that it is not happy about since new problems keep appearing, and it's bugging me because I do actually use SimPE quite a lot.

No idea what specs might be needed for this, but like I said I have all EPs and SPs, and I have windows 7.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 11:16 PM
Do you have the Store Edition? That would certainly count as an EP later than M&G.

When I get the other message, it's because some other program is holding on to one or more of the save game files or the installation files. SimPE can even conflict with itself if I start two instances too close together.

If you get an error message, click on Details to see whether you can get additional information that might help us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 11:41 PM
I have no store editions. I made sure to get rid of those and use original releases of everything due to AGS.

I never run SimPE with any other Sims-related programs open. The only thing open at the time of both problems was a file-viewing program, a chat client and a browser. Doesn't feel like any of those should interfere =/

It appears the last one, the index array thing was possibly only that one Sim. I tried a few others from the same hood and it did work. I tried pressing details but nothing happens.