Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 4:55 PM Last edited by Metallicat : 5th Jun 2013 at 5:20 PM.
Considering nVidia GeForce GTX 260 for running The Sims 2 or is there something better?
Hello,

I've been meaning to get a new graphic card for a while and after much deliberation (months worth) I've finally decided that nVidia GeForce GTX 260 would be a great purchase. However, because I'm not all that knowledgeable about those things I'd like to ask for expert advice on this.

The reasons why I chose this graphic card is because it is in my price range (nothing over 100) and it also should be able to run the game at high detail. However, recently I spoke to someone and they said that they were having trouble with the very same card. I also noticed that ATI Radeon HD 4870 is good too and is in the same budget range, but it has me there something better? So it's making me have second thoughts again.

Before making a purchase that I hope I won't regret I just wanted to ask if this card is really worth getting or if there might be an even better recommendation for a great graphic card under $100?

I only play the Sims 2 but I might get Sims 3 at one point. I also would be interested in downloading games with high graphics. So is this card worth getting or do you have a better recommendation?

If it helps here are my PC specs: http://oi41.tinypic.com/2urlfns.jpg

Thank you for your time.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 4:51 PM
Hrmmm that's a really old motherboard...

I'm gonna need some more information before I can help. Open up your computer's case and there should be a sticker on the side of your Power Supply Unit. Take a photo and post it here or tell me the Wattage and how many Amps it provides on the +12V rail.